Topic: UFC 69: Matt Serra Won!

Man is anyone else who follows the ufc totally STUNNED right now that Matt Serra beat George ST Pierre? I think this is the biggest upset I have ever seen

Re: UFC 69: Matt Serra Won!

Yeah I watched this last night and won $20 from a buddy of mine on 2 of the fights. I chose Serra to win and lol and behold he whopped St. Pierre's ass.

I also won a bet on Diego getting beat by Josh. I don't like Josh but I chose him cause I just thought that he would do it right. That fight between Diego and Josh was a bit disppointing and heard alot of boo's in it.

Kendall did well.

Overall, there were some good fights.

this is the first time ive called it wrong. Matt Serra blew me away. I call the fights each week and im usually 95% right. This is the biggest upset in MMA history and makes me wish I had put a $100 on him since he was  -1200 in the fight odds.

Meh wrote:

this is the first time ive called it wrong. Matt Serra blew me away. I call the fights each week and im usually 95% right. This is the biggest upset in MMA history and makes me wish I had put a $100 on him since he was  -1200 in the fight odds.

Did you see Matt Hughes in the crowd cheering Serra on, lol?

lol no i didnt.

Meh wrote:

lol no i didnt.

Yeah Matt was giving all his buddies high fives after Serra was beating St. Pierre on the ground.

Holy shit.. I had totally ruled out any possiblity that Matt Serra could win.. Maybe thats how he did.. He just snuck in on GSP while he was focused on the next match and took him by surprise..

Serra is a tough short guy. I took him even though I liked St. Pierre but I got lucky in my bet and Serra whooped St. Pierre.

well, as an aspiring Mixed Martial Artist...and being a follower of UFC for years, let me say that I was shocked and in utter awe last night.  I never thought it a million years that GSP would go down like that.....and I didn't really think Serra was that type of fighter, although he did jack up Karo Pariysan in their fight at UFC 53. Good job Matt Serra, you deserve that belt. 
   Diego and Koscheck was good too, I'm happy that Diego finally has a loss underneath him...now he might not be such a cocky show off.  Kos needed to shut up after the fight though, it wasn't a memorable enough for him to make such an outburst. 
   I totally predicted the Okami/Swick fight, I knew that Okami's ground game is just too good for Swick...although a few times Okami had the chance to stop the fight but failed to due so...
  Overall, I enjoyed the fight, a night of underdog's, now we can look forward to Big Nog (Minotaruo) coming to the UFC, as well as the free Spike TV aired UFC 70 with my favorite fighter...Cro Cop.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

well, as an aspiring Mixed Martial Artist...and being a follower of UFC for years, let me say that I was shocked and in utter awe last night.  I never thought it a million years that GSP would go down like that.....and I didn't really think Serra was that type of fighter, although he did jack up Karo Pariysan in their fight at UFC 53. Good job Matt Serra, you deserve that belt. 
   Diego and Koscheck was good too, I'm happy that Diego finally has a loss underneath him...now he might not be such a cocky show off.  Kos needed to shut up after the fight though, it wasn't a memorable enough for him to make such an outburst. 
   I totally predicted the Okami/Swick fight, I knew that Okami's ground game is just too good for Swick...although a few times Okami had the chance to stop the fight but failed to due so...
  Overall, I enjoyed the fight, a night of underdog's, now we can look forward to Big Nog (Minotaruo) coming to the UFC, as well as the free Spike TV aired UFC 70 with my favorite fighter...Cro Cop.

Yeah Josh did run his mouth too much after the fight calling Deigo 19-1. That might come back to haunt him someday. I just lost respect for Deigo when he pushed Josh in the weigh in thing and I knew then that he was a little too cocky and it would be his backfall.

I'm ready for my boy Randy to fight again!