Topic: Who's watching "Grind House"?

I've got a free ticket due to my Regal Cinema membership. I reserved it for Monday evening.

Re: Who's watching "Grind House"?

Nope but I am seeing it Saturday!!!!!
Was it any good???

I saw it lastnight....I really enjoyed it, "Planet Terror" brought back so many fond zombie horror memories and 70's films.  Rose McGowen is hot a shit...my god, she really did a great job...acting, killing, looking sexy as hell with one leg.  Freddy Rodriguez also shined as her former lover Wray...who is a badass gunslinging wreckage mover.  The entire cast of PT was good....the side stories and over the top gore and shooting made it so much more enjoyable.    "Death Proof" is where Grindhouse really shines, Kurt Russell is great, the entire plot is well written, dialouge that acutally makes sense....the development of characters was perfectly done by Taratino....and the car chase, will probably go on the list of greatest car chases ever.  I loved it, and the trailers were great..."Thanksgiving" made me laugh my ass off (only one laughing), my wife almost walked out when she saw the knife come up through the trampoline (watch the movie if you don't know what I'm talking about).  Hahaha, great time, didn't feel like it was 3 hours and 25 minutes...

ill be watching it as soon as i can find a theatre near me thats playing it...

great review deathbyhighkick. Its posted as news on the mainpage, the rest of you who see it be sure to submit your own reviews. Just go to your morguespace and hit write a review, or lookup any film in the dvd and hit write a review. Super easy peasy and your chance to pay critic.

yea a great movie all around.. I went to the matinee here in my shitty theater locally and only paid $3.75! For fuckin 3 hours of Tarantino and Rodriguez at their best.. Awesome flick and myself I think I enjoyed Death Proof more.. Most people I have heard say they enjoy Planet Terror more but something about Kurt Russell in the flick was amazing.. Not to mention Rosario Dawsons high kick at the end.. Priceless..

i'm soooo jealous of u guys, i wish i lived in usa instead of uk lol

Goon wrote:

yea a great movie all around.. I went to the matinee here in my shitty theater locally and only paid $3.75! For fuckin 3 hours of Tarantino and Rodriguez at their best.. Awesome flick and myself I think I enjoyed Death Proof more.. Most people I have heard say they enjoy Planet Terror more but something about Kurt Russell in the flick was amazing.. Not to mention Rosario Dawsons high kick at the end.. Priceless..

High Kick of death was more like it...that chick is so badass....

And thanks for the compliment on my review Meh, it's appreciated.

Well even the non horror media seemed to like it the worst grade it received was a "C" but the majority of reviewers gave it a A or B.

It starts at 11:30 so I better haul it, the big screen theater I like to go to is 30 plus miles from here.

it's worth it...trust me.

I've tried to get in twice already.  This never happens, but they actually carded me when I tried to get passed the ticket-taker.  Being that I'm 16 and don't have a valid ID, I can't see the movie.  I'm pissed.

I feel sorry for you Tim, I really do. I remember the bad days when I couldn't get into movies because of my age.

I'll watch it as soon as they play it in a theater near me. Hell, it doesn't even have to be that near...

Thank you, Kruz.  I also feel sorry for myself.  I need to see this film.

Hey Tim, wear a cowboy hat and a fake beard... that should get you in smile