Re: I am moving to England for the telly!!!

^^ dude no embedding LOL

bring the mirrors on the tops of your shoes for the kilted men LOL

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

Better make it magnifying mirrors, Scotland is a cold place.  lol

I'd move to england for fish and chips, better guiness, and to be able to go see the Gunners!

jackalqueen wrote:
Godzilla_Rules wrote:

Better make it magnifying mirrors, Scotland is a cold place.  lol

ha ha good one smile

you know if i had a bigger apartment and an extra bedroom i would allow one of you great brittian/scotish chaps stay with me if you ever was to visit america., sad to say a dog kennel is bigger than my apartment

This was released on DVD this week but it's only on Region 2 at the moment.  So big_smile for me but sad for everyone else.

Hey has there been any news on being human coming back?

I was wondering that myself

Is the ITV series "Demons" any good ? Anyone watched them ?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41i3lUhbZYQ[/youtube]

Firstly: Season 2 of Being Human is meant to start filming next month and be shown in the UK from January 2010. 

Secondly: Demons.  Hmmmmm. I'd say it's good... if you are a young child, if you have youngish children or youngish relatives that require babysitting occasionally.  It's a nice idea but it's Saturday evening TV viewing so it has to be suitable for family entertainment and that means it has to be very tame.  It was obviously made with the American market in mind because Philip Glenister's (Gene Hunt in Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes) character is (vaguely) American for no particular reason so I'm sure you will get to see it at some point.

I haven't seen Demons but I know it was cancelled after one series on ITV1 (in the UK).

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:
adamroddis wrote:

why would u wanna move here, it sucks, i would move away 2mo if given the chance!

I'm with ya on this adam.
When I get the chance to leave England, I'm gone! smile

Don't do it! I did and I hate it here.

Chocolate tastes like gritty brown lard (all the other food is tasteless), there are no real sausages or bacon, no Heinz baked beans or Ambrosia creamed rice pudding (unless you want to pay 4 times the price for them), Coke tastes bitter, you don't find out how much anything is until you pay for it and they add the tax on after, New Yorkers are the rudest people on the planet with severe entitlement issues, television has more commercial breaks than programmes and nobody spells "colour" properly. sad

And you won't escape the chavs either. They are called "Wiggers" here and the only difference is that they'll call you "Sir" before they mug you. smile

On the bright side, DVDs are cheap.

DrBlood wrote:
BlackTequilaKiss wrote:
adamroddis wrote:

why would u wanna move here, it sucks, i would move away 2mo if given the chance!

Chocolate tastes like gritty brown lard (all the other food is tasteless), there are no real sausages or bacon, no Heinz baked beans or Ambrosia creamed rice pudding (unless you want to pay 4 times the price for them), Coke tastes bitter, you don't find out how much anything is until you pay for it and they add the tax on after, New Yorkers are the rudest people on the planet with severe entitlement issues, television has more commercial breaks than programmes and nobody spells "colour" properly. sad

And you won't escape the chavs either. They are called "Wiggers" here and the only difference is that they'll call you "Sir" before they mug you. smile

On second thought....

I think I'll stay put lol I'll deal with the high prices of DVDs because this gal cannot live without her chocolate smile, nor my heinz baked breaks / ambrosia. True staples of food I love and to pay over the odds is ridiculous. Plus the adverts over here bug me, dare to think what would happen elsewhere.

lol thank you DrBlood this gal's butt is firmly planted in England now. smile

I loved the show but the first season tanked at the end. it seemed like they were trying to rush too fast threw the story for the purpose of ending it but i feel the series can have a lot of life if they give it a go

DrBlood wrote:
BlackTequilaKiss wrote:
adamroddis wrote:

Come to Kansas City. people are more friendly here than New York. I am from the east cost and i see a huge difference.

DrBlood wrote:

no Heinz baked beans

Heinz is headquartered in Pittsburgh - shouldn't be too hard to find those LOL

...and besides we all know what bean you Britons seem to really love...
http://leewochner.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/mr-bean.jpg

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-07-20 19:43:53)

Being Human premieres on BBC America Saturday at 8 central.

And 'ZIlla, you are officially the only person I have ever heard that thought Western Kansas was cool.  Amazing.

Actually the Ambrosia creamed rice pudding situation is beyond a joke. The last time I went to Tesco there were 4 tins for £1 but here one dented tin will cost you $3.99. The Ambrosia custard is a real bargain (not!) though at $2.99.

Heinz beans are $1.65 or you can buy "American" beans for 50c. The difference is like eating Lidl beans in comparison but without any flavour. That's the same for everything though and don't even get me started on what they call bread. No Hovis or equivalent here.

And, oh God, the chocolate. The first time I encountered American chocolate was on a holiday to Florida back in 2000 (previously I had stuck to Guylian). I bought what looked like a Cadbury's bar (same packaging but it ends there), took one bite and spat it out exclaiming, "Dog chocolate!!!" I then went into a British food store there and told the guy what hapenned. He said, grinning, "Tastes like shit, don't it?"

There is seriously something wrong with Americans (who complain about EVERYTHING else!) if they can't get Hershey's or Mars to provide them with decent chocolate! It's got to be against the Constitiution for people to be fed such crap.

Fish and chips are vile here too. The batter is vile, the fish could be anything, and, in a lot of cases, the lazy buggers don't even take the skin off the chips before cooking them! That's when you get chips and not fries, that is.

I've been here 18 months and my opinion about America hasn't changed since about the second week here. It's a case of, "We're America so we'll see how the rest of the world has done things the right way for centuries and then completely ignore it and do it the wrong and most awkward way possible".

Seriously, just think of the mentality that makes people build all their houses out of wood (illegal in the UK btw), and then they build them in earthquake and hurricane zones! It really says a lot, I think.

At least this site is Canadian. smile

P.S. We don't all like Mr Bean. lol

Last edited by DrBlood (2009-07-20 19:23:13)

I'm predominantly English & Scotch-Irish and my great grandmother taught my Nana all sorts of authentic English dishes which I really did enjoy and she was very adamant about using the regional ingredients as opposed to what the American grocery stores had to offer

American chocolate is a joke wink
the German's got it goin on there LOL
I'm just messin with ya with the bean lol

actually any attempts at most European dishes are a joke

you want some taste though head down south - barbecue, soul food, tex-mex - call me jaded but its some of the best eats in the world

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-07-20 19:34:03)

I loved Scotland!  Visited with my neice when she lived there.  Now I didn't enjoy the food so much.  If it hadn't been for the American military base, I probably would have starved to death.  But what a gorgeous place to die.  I would move to Scotland if given the chance.  I guess its just the same old, everyone wants what they don't have.

And let me say something about free healthcare.  It AIN'T free, we pay out the ass for it.  Stay with the American system.  I've lived in both, don't socialize health care.

interesting, interesting