Topic: Sam Raimi Directing World of Warcraft Movie

Admittedly not horror by the definition of the word but a movie about trolls, demons and wizards is still worth of a mention when it involves Sam Raimi. We have known for years that a movie was in the works and today from Variety comes word that lege...

Read More : Sam Raimi Directing World of Warcraft Movie

Re: Sam Raimi Directing World of Warcraft Movie

Is that a book or something. never heard of it.

I have never played World of Warcraft but I have lost many a freind to it...

OH MY FUCKING GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH,im finally glad they are coming through with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANNOT WAIT!

That'll be that ruined then...

How can he make World of Warcraft into slapstick comedy? 'Cause that's all he makes... Really, think about it!

I don't think it'll be ruined. After all he gave us some really creepy moments in his horror movies, one such example -- besides the Evil Dead series -- is The Gift; not a shitload of blood but, sweet Lucifer was that lil movie creepy or what? Besides I've got some friends who play WoW and they all told me the exact same thing; there's a fair amount of tongue-in-cheek humor in the game. All in all this project seems like it's in good hands smile

um...lol why? This just doesn't seem to make much sense, besides of course making money...:/ ohwell, I know one person in my family who will see it tho, well...maybe two, or three....:|

Never played World of Warcraft, never will. So I'm not excited for this, but maybe Raimi could make it good.

myersfan72 wrote:

OH MY FUCKING GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH,im finally glad they are coming through with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANNOT WAIT!

With a post like this, I'm amazed that myersfan has actually made 700 posts on a forum that didn't talk exclusively about the horde or the alliance.

Last edited by EasterBunnyKiller (2009-07-22 10:11:39)

EasterBunnyKiller wrote:
myersfan72 wrote:

With a post like this, I'm amazed that myersfan has actually made 700 posts on a forum that didn't talk exclusively about the horde or the alliance.

Come on, it's not that im addicted, I play every now and then but since you brought it up, HORDE SUCKS!!!!!!!! GO ALLIANCE!!! NIGHT ELF FTW!

myersfan72 wrote:
EasterBunnyKiller wrote:
myersfan72 wrote:

Come on, it's not that im addicted, I play every now and then but since you brought it up, HORDE SUCKS!!!!!!!! GO ALLIANCE!!! NIGHT ELF FTW!

I rest my case.

EasterBunnyKiller wrote:
myersfan72 wrote:
EasterBunnyKiller wrote:

I rest my case.

lol

World of Warcraft the movie. What an excellent idea. I mean, we all know how well Dungeons and Dragons turned out wink

<INSERT MACHO NAME HERE> wrote:

World of Warcraft the movie. What an excellent idea. I mean, we all know how well Dungeons and Dragons turned out wink

True story. Even Jeremy Irons couldn't save that movie. I guess Justin Whalin just spent too much time with the Child's Play movies to end up a decent actor?

look, the game is absolutley amazing guys, The comics are pretty good to, I think this movie will usher in a whole new era of fans of movies.. Little kids will be excited.. lol.. As am I dying to see this. Just want to know the plot though, and how Sam is going to base the movie. big_smile

We know little kids will be excited myersfan, you made that obvious lol:lol::lol:

All I know about World of Warcraft I learned from the South Park episode.  It should be interesting to see what Raimi does with this.  Action/horror movie?  Army of Darkness with trolls and elves and throw in MyersFan as a bonus.   lol

im not a "Little Kid" Im 15, weigh 200 pounds. not a little kid Macho(:
and The South Park episode is nothing the Real World Of Warcraft.

I've seen trailers for the game if that counts? lol

From what I have seen it's a vast world in that game you need to really have a lot of creativity under your belt to pull it off. I think it might be a case of, if it goes right= yes! if it goes wrong= disaster! Only time will tell.

The Lord of the Rings movies were a gamble and thankfully they did pull it off but it's still a major risk to do this. Hopefully Raimi can prove to us he still can do something unique and different, hell I need something different after the bloody Spiderman films. tongue

World of Warcraft? I'm very dissapointed in Raimi neutral

Suspiria_89 wrote:

sad I personally cant wait(:

myersfan72 wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

sad I personally cant wait(:

Yeah, you already said that. (:

And I'll say it as many times as needed(:

So that would be about three times less than you already said then lol:lol:

I hope this get shelved. That's all I can really say about i, aside fromt he obvious fact that WoW is a crappy, soulsucking game.