Topic: Short Stories

I don't know how many of you write short stories for your freinds, or family etc.
   But I do, mine are always about and ironic hero, named Syncroe, he was a pshyco that escaped the insane sylum and begins to kill robbers and criminals, and he belives he is doing God's work, but is he?:lol:

Oh, and feel free to post some story plots, I wanna see what ya got(:

Re: Short Stories

Sounds like a kewl comic book idea, ever think that myersfan?

I write stories but not really for family and short... ummm... lol

I have tried to limit a story to 5 pages and before I know it, it's run to 40 pages, I don't think I am very capable of short as I love fleshing my characters out, delving into a fantastical world filled with evil. I really need to try doing a short one, it would show me where I need to improve.

Also love the idea of yours myers smile, it's intriguing and makes me wonder what you have up your sleeve for that particular story.

I have actually, I can only draw so much though, I am trying to find an artist, I can only get Syncroe drawn because I am the one imagined him(:

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

I have tried to limit a story to 5 pages and before I know it, it's run to 40 pages, I don't think I am very capable of short as I love fleshing my characters out, delving into a fantastical world filled with evil. I really need to try doing a short one, it would show me where I need to improve.

Also love the idea of yours myers smile, it's intriguing and makes me wonder what you have up your sleeve for that particular story.

When I get the book written I will post it so you can all read, im currently on page 144/400

So when it's finsished i want the opinoin of this website, and then i might go for publishing it(:

I have published two short stories - one in the now defunct "Cthuhlu Sex" and in the Chimerican Anthology "All Cars Must Die."

I write alot of short stories. All are horror of course. I've never even tried to get any published because I just do it for fun.

I read this entire thread. The end.

(how'd I do?) big_smile

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

That just means you lack discipline. if you're having trouble writing a short story because they go for to long, try writing a piece of flash fiction, so that when it's done, it'll be the length of a short story.

I actually have a whole universe set up in my head as one of my monkeys being a private eye in a 50's noir setting.  Never have set anything down on paper, though.

Well, just finished another story, Syncroe has just been captured by a family of one of the people he killed, an innocent man, Syncroe will have to pay for his crime. In a not so pretty way.

working on a short story about a sucubbus