Topic: Problems viewing HorrorMovies.ca's news page

Has anyone else had problems viewing HorrorMovies.ca's news page in the past 2 to 3 days? Every time I've come on the site the first page I've looked at (the index page with the news on the left-hand side) has had writing over most of the page. I can see one word in the writing - "updating". I thought maybe Goon or Meh were updating the site, but I could just about see new horror news headlines on the left-hand side (confirmed by some new threads on the forum I've just seen). I also thought that the site had been hacked into (if that's the case I haven't done it honest). I decided not to come on the forum. But today I thought "what the heck" and I clicked on the forum link at the top of the page. It looks just like normal on here. It's the news page which has all this writing over it. All the other websites I've been on have been fine. So it can't be anything to do with any internet settings I've made on my computer. I don't think it has anything to do with my cookies either.

Last edited by WaveCrest (2007-04-10 09:12:22)

Re: Problems viewing HorrorMovies.ca's news page

I'm having the exact same problem.  In fact, I just sent you an email, WaveCrest.

The wierd thing is, when I click on the forums, and then click back onto the main page, the problem is somehow fixed.  I don't get it.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2007-04-10 09:17:22)

Same thing's happened to me. The writing disappears bit by bit when you go back and forth on the news page.

can somebody take a screenshot of it and email it to me? Also what browser your using. i am not having this problem but it sounds like a CSS problem by the way its described. Screenshot will help me figure it out

Tim your gonna need to RESET Your password. I changed it so i could login as you and see if it was your account. Using Firefox and IE, everything looks 100% fine to me. A screenshot will help. I contacted our host and they do not feel its on our end. ( this is MEh by the way logged in as Tim )

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2007-04-10 09:36:48)

I haven't had any problems with the site with the exception of the adding friends as mindfuk asked about last week.  I am using IE 7

yeah ive had no problems, nor has goon, i also asked some folks at our webhost to check hte site, no problems

For some odd reason the samething was happening to me. But i was just not letting it get to me. Plus, it could just be a poltergeist haunting our computers, telling us to not use the computer.

if anyone does get it i definitely want a screenshot.

It happened to me too. Here's a screen shot if you haven't seen it yet.

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/2310/hmcu4.th.jpg

You had me worried there.  I thought I was never gonna be allowed back on.  Everything's ship shape, except for that wierd problem.

Demon's screenshot is correct.  That's what my page looks like.

me too i throught it was my cpu but i jsut click on sumthign and its normal again sumone is fuckign with this website and if i find out who it is ill personally put my size 13 boot up their ass

tks guys i am a TOTAL dumbass. I made a server update to stop folks from stealing content and it was blocking that domain. I own Horror-Movies.ca and HorrorMovies.ca, I forgot to allw the 2nd domain.

It should now be wokring. Thanks for the screenshot it made it easy for me to see the problem.

Yep, everything is back to normal.  Thanks.  smile

i blame my helper goon by the way.. fucking guy.... yeah its his fault. smile

Been tippin' to many back, if you know what I mean.  tongue

lol... i only wish... work has been insane this week and im being driven insane. Just ask Goon hes on my MSN messenger list smile

Phew! (not in the sense that I've caused the problem and if HorrorMovies.ca had been hacked into, that I'm the hacker. I would never do that). Not criticising by saying the screenshot is blurred but that is how it looked on my computer screen. The bit a few centimetres from the left-hand side of the screenshot is what I saw (writing in white over the left-hand news headlines column). I forgot to add that there was also some squashed writing in a banner which I think had "TerrorFeed" in it. Did anyone else have that as well?

I did email you Goon, asking if what I said was near enough right - the instructions for making a screenshot of what's on my computer screen (adding by asking you to tell me the correct buttons to press on my keyboard to make a screenshot if I got it wrong). But I don't need to do it now as when I came on HorrorMovies.ca just now everything was fine.

Sometimes you know that logo for a website which appears right before the website address/page in the URL address bar? Well the one for my ISP appears straight away with "Done" shown just above the taskbar on the left-hand side above "Start" (when the words, pictures and banners etc. are appearing on the screen). I thought it happens when something is wrong on your computer screen, but it's fine. I came back off the site to the web search page then I came back to HorrorMovies.ca and it was still fine. I'm not going to worry about it any more. I didn't worry about it too much before as when another poster said you could see a clear screen with no writing on top of the page, I did the same, going to another part of the site then back to the news page and everything looks fine. And the forum was alright as well.

Last edited by WaveCrest (2007-04-11 16:33:03)

Not to long ago, i just happened to me again but hey when i refreshed the page it was fine. Like i'm saying HM is being haunted by a poltergeist.

It did have that appearance on screen like there was some sort of a ghostly presence!

It was all down to something (domains) which I have no idea about (I know how to use a computer but I don't know the ins and outs of computers).

Oh and to explain myself, I have told people about this site but I'm 99% certain I haven't posted any links to the news articles and trailers on this site. Only a link to the website. If I'd done something wrong and used something from your site the wrong way it would have been done without me realising.

Last edited by WaveCrest (2007-04-11 16:23:51)

Ummmm.... what did you just say in those last 2 posts Wavecrest? tongue

just as an fyi the bug was fixed.... i know exactly what i did wrong and corrected it yesterday morning smile

Thanks for sorting it out Meh.

DemonToSome - You're taking the mickey out of what I said. I was explaining myself and I end up confusing people sometimes.

sorry some of you had a problem, i should have thought a bit longer on it cause once i swa the screenshot it was really obvious what i did lol.

Hey WaveCrest I was just kidding with ya tongue

Glad you sorted it out Meh. If anyone could I knew you could smile