Topic: Friday The 13th Uncut Version

I got in the mail yesterday a Region 2 original dvd of Friday The 13th (1980). It's suppose to be the uncut version which I have heard is bloodier than the U.S. release. Anyhow, I went to put it into the player and it spit it back out at me saying it's an incompatible region code. Which sucks because I was really looking forward to seeing the difference between the two versions. I could make me a copy of it but I like to have everything original. So, I thought I would offer it on here to anyone who might have a region free player or who lives in Region 2 territory. I can trade this for another original region 1 horror movie. Anyone interested please let me know. Thanks

Last edited by MattC (2009-07-26 12:45:33)

Re: Friday The 13th Uncut Version

Don't give up yet.  Some DVD and Blu ray players can be hacked...kinda.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

try that site and see if you can make your player region free.  I don't know if it works, but it's worth a shot, no?

Yeah, just hack your player with the right unlock code. It's simple. Or go buy a cheap $20 from Wal-mart which I guarantee with be uber hackable. I recommend the Memorex players in K-mart ($25). Just open the door, press 4 buttons on the remote control, switch off and on again. And Robert's your progenitor's fraternal relation.

It's usually just that easy for any of them.

well you can solve that problem by watching it on your computer. Your PC sghould be able to play all regions. You can thank me with toe tags big_smile

As a side note, and children please look away-

Fuck this region locking shit.

You may now resume your sanity.

yeah I upgraded to a sweet Pioneer but now I can't play my Russ Meyer collection sad
my cheapie 30 dollar CyberHome (or some such) played everything I threw at it fine.
I know what I'm asking Sat...er Santa for Christmas.

This movie was just awful btw LOL

edit - Oh! Original!  FORGET IT lol

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-07-26 15:43:11)

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

well you can solve that problem by watching it on your computer. Your PC sghould be able to play all regions. You can thank me with toe tags big_smile

Actually thats not true for some, because some let you play different regions but you get a limit on how many times you can switch, like mine let me do it at least 8 times. Once the 8th i used is up, what ever the region i watched last on the 8th time or what ever the limit is, it will be the last time and can only watch from that forever unless you know how to hack it if can. So check to be sure on that information  first.

there are progs that will easily make them region free
but then you have PAL to deal with too - urrg

Supposedly this can play discs without regard to region or region counts.  I have not used it, so research it first.

azathoth wrote:

As a side note, and children please look away-

Fuck this region locking shit.

You may now resume your sanity.

Haha. Amen.

Region DVDs are crap! Sorry that's all smile

Nah, being in the UK means I have to deal with region 2, it was only by the luck of a wonderful friend that I ended up with a region 1 dvd player. It opens up more doors to DVDs I could not usually get. FYI, MattC hope you sort your little niggle out hun, mwah! smile

Thanks everyone for the help. I've looked over at the hacks at videohelp.com and have found a couple for my Pioneer DV-260. I have no idea how to do this though. Can someone suggest anything? lol