Topic: Horror On DVD for April 10th

Today is a great day for any Phantasm fan. I had a chance to check out both Phantasm and Phantasm III (review) and I can safely say that Phantasm is probably as close to a definitive edition as we will ever get. Also something to keep an eye out for ...

Read More : Horror On DVD for April 10th

Re: Horror On DVD for April 10th

I am so picking up Phantasm I & III today after work!

Yeah, I'm gonna be picking up "Phantasm" and "Phantasm III".  That's about it.

Is the original 2 discs?

Wasn't there a box set that came out not to long ago, I am kind of debating if I should buy 1 and 3 or just get the box set.

http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/frames/abd4430b.jpg

Is this what your talking about?  If so, you need a region free DVD player in order to watch the films.

Sweeny Todd is coming out?  This must be a different one because isn't Tim Burton doing this movie or something?

Something I've wanted to ask but wasn't in a rush to ask (I'm not saying these Phantasm DVD releases aren't as interesting as other DVD releases or past Phantasm DVD releases. I do have the Phantasm sphere set but I am interested in new these releases) - are these versions of Phantasm I & III any different to those in the Phantasm sphere set?

Last edited by WaveCrest (2007-04-11 16:05:51)

I have Phantasm on dvd already but it's a few years old so I will probably get the new one . I have Phantasm 3 on vhs so I will definitely upgrade to dvd on it too.

The Phantasm disc is fantastic it has a ton of new features on it including the doc that was in the box set. The Phantasm III DVD is great and is the first time that this print is released stateside.. Also I would say you guys should definetly rent Dead and Deader.. Dean Cain is great in it..

I haven't seen part III in probably 10 years, part 1 is great and I look forward to buying it this weekend.