Topic: The New Horror Handbook

(I hope this is OK to post here.)

My latest book, "The New Horror Handbook," just came out a couple of weeks ago, and I thought it might be of some interest to die-hard horror fans, especially those in Canada.

It's an in-depth look at horror flicks of the last 15 years, based on many exclusive interviews with people such as Vincenzo Natali (Cube), most of the talent behind the "Ginger Snaps" series (I'm told this is the most detailed account of the making of the film ever published), and the folks at Rue Morgue about the 10-plus year history of that magazine. In addition, there are chapters on/interviews with Darren Bousman (Saw II-IV, Repo), Greg McLean (Wolf Creek, Rogue), the makers of the French movie "Inside," Eli Roth, and more.

Re: The New Horror Handbook

Will this be realesed in the States?

It's already out in the states and available through Amazon. Would've posted the link, but horror virgins can't do that. (And rightfully so -- you have to keep an eye on us horror virgins, lest we go wilding through the forums, posting links and causing heart palpatations ;-)

Congrats

aright thanks, I'll probaly end up with a copy, do the profits go to you or your publishers?

that's interresting

Sounds cool!  I will have to pick up a copy.

myersfan72 wrote:

aright thanks, I'll probaly end up with a copy, do the profits go to you or your publishers?

Like most (relatively) new book writers, proceeds mostly go toward publishing costs. But if I sell a bazillion copies, watch out for that NEXT book deal...

I'm actually pretty interested to get horror fan reactions to the book, because there's a pretty steady thesis under it all that I'd like some feedback on at some point, if at all possible.

It basically says horrifying images can be beautiful AND disturbing, horror movies can communicate complex ideas, and most importantly, horror fans aren't freaks, they actually go off and do some pretty cool things (this last bit is in the final chapter: Tomorrow's Terrors). Of course the book puts it a tad more eloquently than that...er, I hope.

I'm from the UK would I be able to get hold of this easily without using the net because as a tendency I like to buy stuff in the flesh or paper tongue? I am interested in anything chronicling horror movies from past years to present and it def. has got my interest. Thanks smile

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-07-29 13:56:37)

I think you stated that very well.  And given your thesis, I am even more motivated to pick up a copy.
Or do I smell a possible contest on this site, ahem......., are you listening Meh?
"Win a copy of 'The New Horror Handbook' from HM !;)

Now that IS interesting. And gang, that really wasn't a plant. At least I think it wasn't.... (I don't know any Xenomorphs, just the odd chest-burster, I swear!!)

Yes Pm us a link or i try to look if I rememebr

Being called horror virgins is better than being called Horror Pussies lol

I've gained some toe tags during this conversation, let me try linking again..

newhorrorhandbook.com

Yep, that worked. And thank you for the reassuring words. I will now wear my horror virginity with pride. Hmm, I'm REALLY not wanting to take this metaphor any farther (shudder).

some of yall made me laugh and thank you for doing so! ive gotta check your book out! thanks for the info!

I will check this out.. I like your upfront approach and  it seems you are honest.

Oh Meh ? it would make an awesome prize !!!  wink wink

Thank you for the positive vibes, ghouls. I really just wrote this book because I kept waiting for someone else to do a book about flicks after the 80s slashers, and no one ever seemed to do it.

Well, if I do buy it I will Email you a reveiw and if I liked it(:

Cheers for that, myersfan72. Hope you do like it.

big_smile big_smile big_smile A book written by a fellow horror fan, who wouldnt like it?

Did I mention it's spell checked big_smile

oooh, yay! lol

IS this the book? i love books about film & was actually looking for something that covers more up to date films, i'll probably get a copy. http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Horror-Hand … amp;sr=1-1