Topic: Dark Shadows

Here is your chance to vote for your favorite "Dark Shadows" Unfortunatly, only one choice is allowed.

Last edited by Poltergeist (2009-08-01 19:28:17)

Re: Dark Shadows

I liked the TV series remake from the 90s because it had Lysette Anthony in it and she was HOT!

I am not familiar with Dark Shadows. Is it a cable thing?

how can you be a horror fan and not have heard of Dark Shadows - at least in passing?
Curious. hmm
Gothic soap from the late 60's & 70's

clicky wiki if interested
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Shadows

I enjoyed the 90's remake myself too - the atmosphere was lost from the original but it definitely was way sexier, and vets Jean Simmons & Barbara Steele were great

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-08-01 20:35:26)

I probably seen Dark Shadows but with all the simular shows out there like twilight  zone, outer limits, tales from the crypt they all begin to look the same lol  is it the one when you see the camera moving threw the woods that looks like a negative photo?

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

I probably seen Dark Shadows but with all the simular shows out there like twilight  zone, outer limits, tales from the crypt they all begin to look the same lol  is it the one when you see the camera moving threw the woods that looks like a negative photo?

Negative.. that's Tales from the Darkside. ....

Dark shadows was a soap opera 20 or 30 years before that. i have a couple of the dvd sets. The series spawned a couple movies .. House of Dark Shadows and Night of Dark Shadows.... House being much better than night IMO .. even with the ending...
http://images.rdujour.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/dark_shadows_cast_large.jpeg

I prefer to the original series to the remake of the 90's.

http://darkshadows-resurrected.com/Cast … s1991.html

Also check the link above.

I liked house of Dark Shadows because they had so much more blood in it than the TV Series and it was more realistic. Don't get me wrong I loved the Series used to race home after school everyday to watch it. I loved the series besides that I own a poster from that movie with Johnathan Frids  Signature. One of my prize possessions.

I had heard of the original series but had no idea that they made a remake series in the 90's. I came across some dvds of the series in a video store. Just thaught that it wouldn't be so much great so didn't buy them.

I enjoyed House Of Dark Shadows. But the original tv series was great. I still watch it on DVD when I have time. Definitely not for everybody but I always enjoyed some of the storylines and always fun to catch some of the mistakes - like the camera popping into frame smile

My only complaint was some of the time travel story lines could go off for quite a few episodes....

Vampires, werewolves, ghosts, zombies...Overall a classic tv series worth watching if you get a chance.

Last edited by TheCoroner (2009-10-04 11:31:12)

MisterVertigo wrote:

I had heard of the original series but had no idea that they made a remake series in the 90's. I came across some dvds of the series in a video store. Just thaught that it wouldn't be so much great so didn't buy them.

I saw the remake series in the 90's.  I prefer the original but the 90's version is still watchable. I picked it up on DVD.

I prefer the original series. How can a person not like it??  Werewolves, vampires, witches and ghosts! It don't get any better than that!

i dont know wht tpye of movie is this .......