Topic: Sherlock Holmes Trailer

Trailer for Guy Ritchie's new Sherlock Holmes film starring Robert Downey Jr is making the round.  Check it out.  Remember is based more on the new comic series that Sherlock is also a boxer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4K3aM5H5KM[/youtube]

Re: Sherlock Holmes Trailer

I'm still not sure what to think. It looks interesting and some aspects look quite good but I grew up reading the Arthur Conan Doyle stories surrounding Sherlock and it just seems to be missing something for my liking. Also despite Downey giving what looks like a solid performance, he is not in my mind the Sherlock I envisioned over the years.

But despite my niggles, I will give the benefit of the doubt and check this movie out. It might be fantastic, it may not. However I will not know unless I see it, so willing to give this a shot smile

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-05-22 19:30:09)

Yeah this is definately a new spin on things but I have faith that if anyone can pull this new Sherlock holmes style off on film that Guy Ritchie can

It looks like it could be a good movie, will definitely have to check it out. LOVED the end of that clip! lol

It really doesn't look bad at all.. and you have to give it to Downey .. he's really brought his career back from the dead.

I love Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and this trailer scares the bejeezus out of me.  I think Guy Ritchie might have fucked it up by turning it into Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels with Holmes.  PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!

I'm hoping they do the whole film right. The trailer looks like a lot of fun.