Topic: Question

Some friends and I are working on an independent film and we kind of need help with something.  How do you get a small splurt of blood for the effect of someone being shot.  It's not a horror movie so we're not looking for lots of blood, but we don't know how to do it.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks a bunch.

Re: Question

If he's getting shot in the front of the head, have a small, but long piece of tubing going from up his back to the back of the head...then just use a pump to pump the blood up through the tube and out his head , signifying an open wound..it's easy.

Thanks for the advice.  I don't know how many head shots we will have in the movie but that sounds like a good idea.  I imagine you could do something similar with body shots or something, right?  Cause I think the bulk of these shots will probably be more or less in the chest.  But thanks for all the help.

moved to our indie forum smile

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but here it goes anyway.

http://stormforcepictures.com/howto-mak … ethits.php

BTW, it's not my site.

Cool site. I think I'm going to make some blood. It could come in real handy tongue

Yea thanks for that link.. The site it came from has a ton of cool stuff.. I have seen a lot of cool DVD's that extra features that would help any indie film guy out.. Specifically stuff from Rodriguez is always really good and insightful..

Thanks for the site Kruz.  I will definitely send it to my friend who is directing the movie.  Sorry I took so long reply but I hadn't realized this got moved.  Didn't know if I should put it into this forum considering the movie is in the horror genre.  Thanks again.

If you own "Slither", check the special features.  It teaches you how to make blood.  smile

Unfortuneatly Tim, I don't own Slither, but we got a good recipe for blood.  Found a recipe that works real well online.  If I ever get a hold of the movie though, I will have to watch that feature.  Thanks for the advice though, anything and everything is helpful.  It's not going to be a bloody movie, but the little blood that we do show, we want to look good.

No problem.  Good luck with the film.

I found out about that site because I wanted to make a post-apocalyptic short. But it never got off the ground. sad