Topic: Which author is sexier?

This is a two choice poll. If you can't see the poll choices click here

http://api.ning.com/files/B1gpdTHee8-PQPWq0jrVANLqNexVaTrplurbGBYebEVZEhtntLzggQV18cQ14W095DCzWV51TnQJtvEkClrRVkvLw4s4qlPt/StephenieMeyer.jpg

http://www.superiorpics.com/wenn_album/JK_Rowling_-_Weasley_Fate/jk_rowling_001_072907.jpg

Edited to move the pics down a bit as the text at the top was too close.

Text repeated:

This is a two choice poll. If you can't see the poll choices click here

The only comments on here should be from "Team Meyer" and "Team Rowling" in support of their goddesses.

Last edited by DrBlood (2009-08-03 16:07:23)

Re: Which author is sexier?

neither of them.

ragXdoll wrote:

neither of them.

Let me just explain since you are hard of understanding. This is a poll with 2 choices.

You have a choice between one or the other and if you wish to vote you click the one you have decided on.

There isn't an option for neither.

I am going for my own option -secret option no3, neither. >Don't btw put someone down because they have a different opinion, not everyone's taste is going to be the same. But even though I am a gal, they just do nothing for me. So nope.

My 3rd option is not to participate in this thread.

I can't see the second picture. But the first one doesn't look to bad.

DrBlood wrote:
ragXdoll wrote:

neither of them.

Let me just explain since you are hard of understanding. This is a poll with 2 choices.

You have a choice between one or the other and if you wish to vote you click the one you have decided on.

There isn't an option for neither.

Got a bit of the douche goin' on today...

Here's the thing. I set up a poll with 2 options. It's an either/or deal.

But it's getting on my tits now that you can't just choose one or the other.

It's pretty simple really,  it's like checking "yes" or "no".

What is supposed to be a bit of fun turns into yet another message board drama because people are just being assholes for the sake of it.

And obviously this poll isn't for girls (except all the faux lesbians on here)

Now stop being idiots and click an option or leave this thread alone.

Now now lets all play nicely boys and girls.
If you don't find either of the ladies pretty don't play.
Doc, I see your point but you could have said it more politely.
Now don't make me come in here again or you're all grounded for a week and no desserts after dinner either.

I simply stated my opinion I have been eloquent, I like the thread, just don't like the girls. It's nothing against anyone and if I have come across as disrespectful, I apologise, but like I said nice thread so kudos on that. smile

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

I simply stated my opinion I have been eloquent, I like the thread, just don't like the girls. It's nothing against anyone and if I have come across as disrespectful, I apologise, but like I said nice thread so kudos on that. smile

You're a girl, right? So why the hell would you even vote on this thread unless you are a lesbian? Are you a lesbian? If not then stop making comments on the thread.

And just because you don't like either of them, why even say anything?

When you set up a questionnaire on your own thread, I did it and from the answers so far, I'm only one of two who has done it correctly. None of that "dunno", "don't care" nonsense that the rest are doing which is absolutely useless to anyone.

These bullshit comments are just "Thread Crapping". We've all done it and sometimes it's amusing but not at the start of the thread and for no reason other than trolling.

Last edited by DrBlood (2009-08-03 14:07:50)

Chill out Doc. mmmkay?

look i know this all started by me saying neither. If I had knew it would cause a problem I wouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry for that Dr. Blood. I really didn't want to cause this trouble.

<INSERT MACHO NAME HERE> wrote:

Chill out Doc. mmmkay?

I am chilled. I am just stating what you as a moderator seem unable to. People ruining threads on here just for the stupid toetags game is getting old now.

If they want a bluray player that bad, let them go to Wal-mart and buy one for $50.

Nothing to get worked up over Dr. lol.

But, back to the question, first one's hotter.

yourmotheratemydog715 wrote:

Nothing to get worked up over Dr. lol.

But, back to the question, first one's hotter.

Yeah, poor old J.K. doesn't seem to be doing too well against her American rival. lol

DrBlood wrote:

Chill out Doc. mmmkay?

I am chilled. I am just stating what you as a moderator seem unable to. People ruining threads on here just for the stupid toetags game is getting old now.

If they want a bluray player that bad, let them go to Wal-mart and buy one for $50.

You're not acting very chilled.
The moment someone stated their opinion you jumped in with attitude.
The way you started the thread did not make it clear that it was a poll and it looked more like you were asking for an opinion, which you got.
The very nature of this forum allows for a more freeform flow of ideas and I don't see it in any way as "ruining threads".
Do you really want a forum where the mods jump on every post that they see as "off topic"?
The mods are here to prevent spam and insulting behavior not to act as topic police.
People mostly post because they have something to say, or did you start this thread for the toetags?
Now can we get back to the "normal" business of  the forum or do I have to get heavy handed?

You're not acting very chilled.

I'm always chilled. No matter what I write I can 100% guarantee that I am completely and utterly relaxed and calm in every situation. Don't try to read things into what isn't and will never be there.

The moment someone stated their opinion you jumped in with attitude.

Actually, the moment someone stepped in to "Thread Crap" within seconds of the initial poll being set up was a sign of attitude but not from me. I just made sure that they knew it was a totally assinine thing to write

The way you started the thread did not make it clear that it was a poll and it looked more like you were asking for an opinion, which you got.

Since when did a poll with two choices call for an opinion other than the two choices available? Get a grip.

The very nature of this forum allows for a more freeform flow of ideas and I don't see it in any way as "ruining threads".

Well as a mod/admin on half a dozen forum myself, you are mistaken because it is.

Do you really want a forum where the mods jump on every post that they see as "off topic"?

The netiquette is usually if a thread is quite old or long then it's fair game. You never thread crap at the beginning or fubar a thread for no reason. People should reply to the topic or the previous post (or both) but try to keep on topic as much as possible. Any thread that is "off-topic" for longer than the initial subject is deemed "killed" and thread killers are treated as trolls. That's standard practice.

The mods are here to prevent spam and insulting behavior not to act as topic police.

Well maybe they should. And all this cozy, cliquiness is no part of a mod's role either. Mods should remain impartial and are subject to the administrator. There have been heavy handed mods on here before as I myself found out. Just check the various Proboards forums where all the refugees from this site - including some great posters - have now taken up residence and hear what they have to say about it all.

People mostly post because they have something to say, or did you start this thread for the toetags?

I posted it for a bit of Monday fun. I was later going to start a thread with a long diatribe about why all the Twilight bashing is getting old and stale and why just because someone gets a bit of success everyone feels it's their duty to knock them down even if it isn't anything they are even interested in to begin with. I'm not going to bother posting it now though because obviously it would be like casting pearls before swine.

Now can we get back to the "normal" business of  the forum or do I have to get heavy handed?

Yes we can but don't you ever threaten me or anyone else on this board again without a smiley face at the end of the sentence. smile

The first post has been edited to avoid any misunderstandings about this thread and it's purpose.
Now it's clear.
OK? big_smile

DrBlood wrote:

[You never thread crap at the beginning or fubar a thread for no reason.

http://www.boredathenians.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/fubar.jpg
FUBAR!

The first post has been edited to avoid any misunderstandings about this thread and it's purpose.
Now it's clear.
OK? big_smile

Excellente! cool

DrBlood wrote:

http://www.boredathenians.com/wp-conten … /fubar.jpg
FUBAR!

Although amusing, that's exactly what I'm talking about here.

The only comments on here should be from "Team Meyer" and "Team Rowling" in support of their goddesses... and maybe some more pics because I remember when J.K. had some quite foxy photo sessions herself.

DrBlood wrote:
DrBlood wrote:

http://www.boredathenians.com/wp-conten … /fubar.jpg
FUBAR!

Although amusing, that's exactly what I'm talking about here.

Yeah, I did that just to be off-topic tongue smile

Behave yomamma.
you played silly buggers now knock it off.
Right?

Well seeing as their I a third option, null vote, I went with that. It has nothing to do with either ones writing styles, I just don't find either all that sexy. Especially JK.