Re: Are Zombie moves a dead horse?

eviljohnmays wrote:

Would anyone like to see things completely from the Zombie's point of view?

That was done really well in I, Zombie.  smile  I liked it myself and think it may be worth exploring again.

Goon wrote:

There is actually another movie out already that is from the side of a zombie. I, Zombie.. It has been distributed by Fangoria.. Its an OK movie, independent obviously.. It has its flaws but overall its no too bad..

Personally I want to see carnage.. I want to see the world falling apart. Not just an isolated incident.. I want to see Tokyo burning and London being overrun by the undead.. I want to see burning cars in Atlanta and folks held up in the barns in Iowa.. Full on apocolapsye..

I totally agree with you Goon
zombie movies should be a full on stomp through normal reality, carnage, aye!! people banding together and kicking some zombie butt..AFTER zombies totally rampage through most of the movie.
movie goers should leave the theater totally exhausted.

Thats why I think Romero shouldnt quit.  Land of the Dead showed a lot of carnage and destruction.  He started it, he can take it to the next level.

I'd like to see a zombie movie with a completely different storyline..usually they're pretty much the same.

your right. that is also why i enjoyed 28 days later so much. I thought it was a great and unique take on the zombie genre.

I don't think the zombie movie is dead at all, in fact, especially with the remake of dawn of the dead and 28 days later featuring running zombies, and with romero's return, I think they're still very hot. A new twist, though, will add some popular juice to the gore mix, I agree with that. That's why I'm filming a zombie short where the main character uses parkour to get away from zombies smile

thats fucking awesome moviemanx!  Parkour fascinates me in a lot of ways, and ive seen many videos of it.  That is a very clever idea, i'd like to see your short.

I don't think they're zombies in 28 Days Later. They never actually die and re-animate, so to me they aren't zombies. They become psychopaths from being infected with a contagious psychological virus. That has nothing to do with zombies.

I don't think "real" zombie movies are ever going to end. Long live the walking dead cool

Right on Demon!  May the walking dead one day take over what us humans like to call "Earth".  I refer to the things in 28 days later as well..."things".  Whatever they are, they look badass.

Theres no doubt that they're evil badass dudes