Topic: Deadlands Gets a Theatrical Run!

Today I was just sent notice that after the huge success for the screening of Deadlands: The Rising that they will now be getting a two week run. That is some great news for everyone in the Hagerstown, Maryland area. Why you may ask? Because the audi...

Read More : Deadlands Gets a Theatrical Run!

Re: Deadlands Gets a Theatrical Run!

and to think some horror sites called this movie absolute crap. I think the fact it got a theatrical release and the clip we ran continues to be one of the most watched on www.TerrorFeed.com speaks volumes.

fans dig it!

oh and you really should photoshop me into the news item image, come on that alonewould sell tickets lol

It gets better fellas, The two weeks was a private booking, after i sent out that email I was contacted by the theater and instead of a 9:30 show each night... For the first week starting 4/20/2007 - 04/26/2007 DEADLANDS will get an actual box office trackable screening and the film will play 3 times a day during the week and 5-6 times a day on the weekend. if all goes well the official trackable box office run could go longer, but the films is guaranteed to play until 5/3/2007 except on 4/28/2007.

BTW Have I told you how much you guys rock for your continued support of the film?

Last edited by DjfunkmasterG (2007-04-16 17:06:51)

Great.. me and mike were just talking about how we were glad to see your movie be so warmly recieved. Hey man we dig the movie and have no problem covering it. I'm just anxious to see the sequel!

With the buzz about a theatrical run, getting the sequel done will be a lot easier. Kind of awesome when your 1st film hits theaters, albeit one theater, but still it is a theatrical run.

I was just looking at Boxoffice Mojo records, and had our grosses been reported, our one showing for this weekend would have ranked #104 beating Hannibal Rising. $1064.00 isn't a lot of cash, but it is a nice start to a box office screening.

Heh yea its funny just today I was thinking that it was funny that you guys are in the black even before the DVD is released or it hit theaters.. Thats just amazing..

thats only because he hasnt paid us the cash bribe for all the buzz we generated. then hes gonna be in the red... 100.... gazillion.. dollars.!

big_smile

Congrats guys, it is awesome that you are getting the attention you deserve. I still try and pimp your movie as much as possibele in my neck of the woods. I just hosted a Bar-B-Que movie party with about 12 of my friends. I showed, Deadlands: the rising, Bone Sickness, and the first Ginger Snaps, and Ilsa:Shewolf of the SS, and Zombie2. It was good fun, those who haden't seen Deadlands yet really enjoyed it and are on the lookout for a copy when it hits DVD shelves. Bring on the sequel man we are all waiting!

be sure and review it hard2kill on your morguespace if you have not. a ton of folks read this site and good reviews sell dvds.

pooper scooper, can't get there for the 20 or 21.

Will try for another day though.

Hey guys,

has anyone bought the DVD from Circuit City yet? if so someone caused it to sell out. I am sure they didn't get a lot of copies, but today is release day and it is on Back-order already.

http://entertainment.circuitcity.com/Mo … Oid=-13219

Last edited by DjfunkmasterG (2007-04-17 14:21:11)

I'm glad I ordered the signed copy. I'll sell it in e-bay once you guys are ultra-famous. lol.

I ordered the signed copy from Gary too, but mine is staying with me for the long run tongue

BTW I'm glad for ya that things are working out terrific with your film. Sounds really sweet man.

So, I can pick up a copy at video stores?  Nice!

Congrats on the theatrical run.  From what I hear, this flick is really kickass.  Can't wait to see it.

The Blog for MTV's Headbangers Ball has posted a review for Deadlands: The Rising.

http://headbangersblog.com/2007/04/17/m … okin-aces/

It is a good'un big_smile

thats almost as big a news as HorrorMovies.ca reviewing it smile

Nah, H-M reviewing is more special, well to me anyway, because you were the first official horror site that reviewed and it, and the first site to give it a good review. Thats something that is special to my producers and I. It is something we will never forget.