Topic: Deadlands Screening in Hagerstown

Today in my mailbox I received a letter from a good friend of ours Gary Ugarek who is the director of last years underground zombie hit Deadlands: The Rising (Review). I really dug this flick for its homegrown zombie sensibilities and if you are a fa...

Read More : Deadlands Screening in Hagerstown

Re: Deadlands Screening in Hagerstown

Unfortuantly I get off at 10pm and way down in Manassas, VA really can't get up there in time sad

Another screening of this flick that I'll have to miss.  sad

Well you might not miss it all that much. If the theater draws a crowd, they said they would run the films again, possibly a 2 week engagement. I will keep you posted and of course I will be takins tons of video and pics.

I can't confirm this, but there appears to be a blurb about Deadlands in the current Fangoria Magazine. If anyone has it and fins it can you let me know what they had to say? Thanks.

Thanks Goon for the blurb here and on the main site. Your DVD will be going out tomorrow.

Thanks and no problem about the news man.. Thats what I'm here to do. I just wish more indie directors would come to us to promote there stuff..I don't know why more don't just send over an e-mail..

Anyway be sure to keep me updated when you begin work on the sequel! I want to see that bad boy as soon as I can..

Hope it does well.  If it becomes a several week run...I'll be sure to put in for a day off and hopefully get one as soon as I see the news.

Dj, I have my issue of Fango right now.  In their Upcoming DVD release section they have for Deadlands:

"Retail release of Gary Ugarek's feature that follows three different stories set in a city overrun by the undead.  With director and cast/crew commentaries, interviews and zombie short"

You're famous man...you're in Fangoria smile

Thanks for posting the blurb. I saw the issue with the 28 Weeks Later infected dude on the cover and I forget the page number but there is a nice review in there, I read it tonight.

We sold 152 tickets to the show. Deadlands, drew more patrons in one showing than the studio films showing at the same time. We broke the theaters online ticket sales record, and the attendance for an indie film event. Previous record holder was Chainsaw Sally at 30 people.

There is a small photo montage here: http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/show … php?t=6105

You can see some of the event. There is pic of at least 30 cast members, so it was nice to know 122 people not involved with the film made their way out to check it out. It is 6am, I just got home so i will talk more about it tomorrow.

Oh, the one I was looking at was the previous issue with Death Proof on the cover.  Haven't gotten the new one yet....buy my Fango off the stand.

Very nice pics.  That Grindhouse poster they got is the same one I got from my theater smile

Great pics, so sad I couldn't go.  Rather be there than cleaning up after teenagers.

I also noticed that article in Fangoria.  I'll be sure to order a copy as soon as I am able.

Great stuff man.. The posters are nice.. Did you guys get those pressed up special for the showing? They look really good.

Nope goon,

i had them printed up after I had seen the revision to the original artwork. I ask my distributor too make a 27x40 version of the background art. he sent me the template I added the credits and voila.

I sold one of those last night. They cost me $30 a piece and I charged them $30 for it and even signed it.

Added some photos of the premiere to the myspace page for DL:TR

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c … mId=888673

Looks like a pretty successful night.  Wish I could have been there.

Oh it gets better, i just agreed to a two week theatrical run of the film beginning 4/20/07 through 5/3/2007. it is limited, one show a night at 9:30pm only. Tickets are $7.00 a pop and I will be there for both shows this coming weekend (4/20 and 4/21)

So the Hagerstown 10 cineplex, will run Deadlands: The Rising for two weeks beginning 4/20/2007

Thats really sweet man smile You must be thrilled about that.