Topic: Jackie Earle Haley is the new Krueger

According to Comming Soon.net Jackie from Watchmen is the new Freddy. What do you all think about it?

Heres a link

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54220

Last edited by severen (2009-04-04 09:14:04)

Re: Jackie Earle Haley is the new Krueger

Not sure how I feel about him being Freddy just yet. Replacing Robert Englund is a pretty tall order to fill. All I've seen this guy in so far is the original Bad News Bears and Semi-Pro, so I'm not sure how he would handle a character like Freddy. I've seen a few pictures of the guy throughout his career though and there is something a little creepy about him. If he can use that to his advantage, he may end up being a lot better than most people are expecting.

Honestly, not a bad choice at all. It shows they are at least trying with their casting.

I like it. Brings a bit of good taste to the movie.

there is like 5 or 6 threads on this already lol  but ya it will be awesome

I actually made this before the other 5 did. lol

Yup, gotta love that Jackie Earl Hailey.  He's come a long way since Maniac Cop III. 

Say, did you guys hear about them making a spin-off of Watchmen, focusing on Rorschach?  No?  That's because I made it up just now.  Sucker-bitches.

They should stop remaking everything. The original Nightmares were great, much better than the original Friday the 13th's. Let sleeping dogs lie and come up with something new!

severen wrote:

I actually made this before the other 5 did. lol

I have severe jeja vu LOL

I am psyched. After Watchmen I was convinced at JEH was an excellent actor. And I feel that he's gonna bring a new spin on the Freddy Krueger character. He's not going to do a hack version of Robert Englund's Freddy, he's gonna do something new and fresh! Now I'm really excited.

the Crimson King wrote:

They should stop remaking everything. The original Nightmares were great, much better than the original Friday the 13th's. Let sleeping dogs lie and come up with something new!

Agreed, I hate that people feel they have to remake classics but i will still watch the new Nightmare film, just to see.

Well,i've seen some teaser pics but no full costume pic yet.It's kind of hard to get past the fact that Robert Englund isn't Freddy anymore.There is an interview with him online and his feelings on the matter but i haven't read it yet.

I've seen JEH in two movies.  Damnation Alley (he was young), and Dollman.  He was okay in both roles, but to play Krueger is no easy task.

I hope he does well, since most remakes seem to make my eyes bleed.

while still kinda on the fence about if I like the idea of a remake,  Jackie Earle Haley probably one of the best choices out there for the role, even Robert Englund agrees. He's got that certain edgy, creepy, kinda weird vibe that lends well to being a movie villain or a taxidermist.  it  I think this choice should go down in some history book, Micheal Bay may have made a good choice for once... ah but that is a topic for a whole other forum.

god, if this movie does not come out soon i will explode. christ i am so anxious! big_smile

Haven't you heard 'zilla?
They're holding the movie back until 2012 for legal reasons hmm

Just kidding lol:lol:

<INSERT MACHO NAME HERE> wrote:

Haven't you heard 'zilla?
They're holding the movie back until 2012 for legal reasons hmm

Just kidding lol:lol:

Do not kid me like that.. I can not handle cruel jokes  hmm

A cruel joke would have been not putting just kidding at the bottom wink

f/u  lol lol

Does anyone else find it ironic that it was Jackie Earle Haley who Johnny Depp joined at the audition for the original Nightmare and now Jackie's the one playing Freddy? It's like completing the circle or something. I think that's cool trivia.

I am actually looking forward to this - I loved the Friday the 13th remake.

Rileyofthedead wrote:

I am psyched. After Watchmen I was convinced at JEH was an excellent actor. And I feel that he's gonna bring a new spin on the Freddy Krueger character. He's not going to do a hack version of Robert Englund's Freddy, he's gonna do something new and fresh! Now I'm really excited.

Agreed. After seeing Watchmen I was like "Whoa, that guy's actually gonna be able to pull off Freddy" Me and a friend were just talking about this. He said he thought that Christian Bale would be better than Jackie Earle Haley and I kinda went D8 stfu. Bale's a good actor and all, but I think Haley would/will be a better Freddy.
Englund's still gonna be the best. The original is ALWAYS the best.
I gotta get more of JEH's movies...

He has the perfect face for the part.