Topic: R.I.P. John Hughes

John Hughes, the director of 80s classics Sixteen Castles, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and more has sadly passed away today. He died of a heart attack. He was 59.

R.I.P. John.

Re: R.I.P. John Hughes

This makes me sad sad he was in some movies that I fallen in love with over the years. i.e. The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Home Alone 1 & 2, Baby's Day Out (yes I admit it!), Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Beethoven (writer) and even Drillbit Taylor.

He had a fantastic way of merging comedy, some really tender moments and creating movies that stay with you and never lose that special place in your heart.

This guy was a talented man and I respected him so, so much. R.I.P. John, you will be missed so much (thank you for the wonderful memories). Always be in our hearts.

Fuck shit bollock arse twatwank!!!!!
That guy rocked.

what a shame - superb director who will always hold a special place with me.

It's really strange hearing this today too - I was gathering my thoughts for a review of Deadgirl, which could be considered a sort of extremely twisted coming-of-age tale, and figured I'd make some goofy reference to the man himself - now my timing seems a little ill.
Hughes will definitely be missed.

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-08-06 17:15:09)

I was just thinking of buying all his movies and everything else that I watched in the 80s too.

If it wasn't for John Hughes, I never would have heard of Molly Ringwald.

RIP John Hughes. I wish he'd made a horror movie though.

Last edited by DrBlood (2009-08-06 17:15:12)

This sucks really bad, The Breakfast Club is my all time favortie movie.

RIP Mr.Hughes

I was heartbroken when i heard earlier today. He introduced me to the famous brat pack, i don't think i;d have this much of an appreciation for 80s films without him. Its rare for older movies to still appeal to most kids in current day. His movies definitely played some part in everyones childhood.  My faves have to be Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Weird Science, The Breakfast Club, and Home Alone.

R.I.P buddy. sad

Damn sad

RIP John

that's sad. RIP

This is Sad, RIP John, We love you sad

<INSERT MACHO NAME HERE> wrote:

Fuck shit bollock arse twatwank!!!!!

You been drinking the moonshine? lol

Very sad. sad RIP

He was a great director! RIP John Hughes

That is sad i was a big fan !:o:(

What a bummer, I grew up with John Hughes movies. He had such a genuine insight about what it's like being young and all the turmoil that goes along with it. It never seemed like he was talking down to his core audience but had actual compassion for them. That's a pretty rare thing in Hollywood.

RIP

Thanks for all the laughter and joy you brought to us over the years..R.I.P. John..you will be missed greatly!

My brother started a blog yesterday and has one of the greatest things about John Hughes ever, http://sportsmercenaries.blogspot.com/

I heard about this and it was a total shock.  I know we haven't heard much from him in late years, but from Breakfast Club to Home Alone, he was the f'n man.  RIP

What a talent we have lost RIP

A legend and the best talent the teen subgenre has ever seen and most likely ever will. R.I.P.

I was gutted when I heard this, I wouldn't have made it through my teenage years without him.  RIP   sad