Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

Thankfully all but one person from my old high school has been accounted for.

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

RIP wrote:

Virginia Tech, the families, the victims, the deceased, the hero's, etc......are all in my prayers. 33 lives were taken and even more is that the many more families lost not just loved ones but bothers, sisters, father,s mother,s etc......Very sad day yesterday! May they all rest in peace and are in my prayers!

Guns are the easiest weapons to buy actually. I have bought 3 guns over the pat 4 years without having to wait or even have to have a license. I got all 3 of mine from my cop buddies here in town and I know for a fact that people buy guns from pawn stores and never have to be checked. I know people who own pawn strores and even gun stores and it just depends on who you know and they will sell it to you on the spot.

I have a .357 glock pistol and have 3 clips that hold 14 rounds of bullets in each one and even have the illegal bullets to go with them that can go through a bullet proof vest from a buddy of mine in the army so gun any gun law they come with now still won't make a difference. What is the main thing is the people who do these horrenhous crimes, not the guns or what they see on tv.

These people need to be helped ahead of time. If people look more closely at these individuals early on you can see the warning signs. That's my 2 cente worth on it.

That is soo the honest to god truth RIP..

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

What is this world coming to?  I have been praying all day for the victims and their families.  May God bless them all.

I agree.

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

What I am about to say may be considered horrible but I must speak.  I pray for the deaths of those whose lives were taken cruelly and I even pray for those who feel it necessary to take violence as an answer to their problems (because they truly need help seeking solace in their hearts and minds).  But this news instead of being seen as sad and disturbing is turning into a weapon wielded by these bastard politicians and news reporters who wish to have their agendas of banning "violent media" heard.  They will now use this to scare people into believing what they are saying is true so that they can further control us.  As for other things, all of you know that anyone who writes something creatively with no intention of carrying it out will probably be flagged now that they found the mass murderer's plays.  This is a disgrace.

Let the dear souls of the departed, whose lives were taken from them cruelly, rest in peace, but damn all of those who will use this as their weapon for control.

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

This teacher was a real hero and should be known for what he did for those kids

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liviu_Librescu

The gunman used 2 handguns I forgot what exact models but one of them was indeed a glock and the max it could hold was 10 rounds and with all the bullet wounds to those who survived and passed he must have shot around 150 rounds so he had to have a lot of ammo and be able to reload quickly, what is really sad is the fact that the cell phones on the deceased were still ringing sad

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-04-17 14:52:45)

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

goldenwarrior wrote:

This teacher was a real hero and should be known for what he did for those kids

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liviu_Librescu

That is a true hero.  He should be honored.

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

TheDudeWithTheShotgun]What I am about to say may be considered horrible but I must speak.  I pray for the deaths of those whose lives were taken cruelly and I even pray for those who feel it necessary to take violence as an answer to their problems (because they truly need help seeking solace in their hearts and minds).  But this news instead of being seen as sad and disturbing is turning into a weapon wielded by these bastard politicians and news reporters who wish to have their agendas of banning "violent media" heard.  They will now use this to scare people into believing what they are saying is true so that they can further control us.  As for other things, all of you know that anyone who writes something creatively with no intention of carrying it out will probably be flagged now that they found the mass murderer's plays.  This is a disgrace.

Let the dear souls of the departed, whose lives were taken from them cruelly, rest in peace, but damn all of those who will use this as their weapon for control.

To be honest I really haven't been in the mood to watch anything horror related and this CNN coverage does get me a bit upset a times but its the only thing I care to watch right now.

But I do get your point they haven't talked to much about it, but rest assured they will.

I don't think it had anything to do with it myself he was just rejected and he went crazy and killed everyone he could before he killed himself.

EDIT: caution before reading this it has a bit of profanity.
Virginia Killer's Violent Writings
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye … tech1.html

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-04-17 15:08:22)

33

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

They said on the news that he stalked women and that they believe that the firts girl he killed in the dorm was cause she rejected him and didn't wanna go out with him cause he was infatuiated with her so he shot and killed her and then a RA tried to stop him and then he killed that person.

Then he went back to his dorm room and wrote down his feelings and said he hated  rich kids and debauchery. They also said he was on medication for depression too.

Then he went to Norris Hall on the other killing spree.

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

You have to wonder what Cho Seung-Hui was going through at the time too.  I know I was picked on a lot in high school for being different.  It was horrible.  That is why everyone should just accept people for their differences and try to appreciate the good in everyone.  God made each of us in his own image.

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar, for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen.
1 John 4:20

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

RIP wrote:

They said on the news that he stalked women and that they believe that the firts girl he killed in the dorm was cause she rejected him and didn't wanna go out with him cause he was infatuiated with her so he shot and killed her and then a RA tried to stop him and then he killed that person.

That guy he killed was a triple major from Georgia and the girl your talking about is Emily Hilscher you can kind find a story about her below...its sad.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s … 21,00.html

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-04-17 18:51:58)

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

You have to wonder what Cho Seung-Hui was going through at the time too.  I know I was picked on a lot in high school for being different.  It was horrible.  That is why everyone should just accept people for their differences and try to appreciate the good in everyone.  God made each of us in his own image.

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar, for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen.
1 John 4:20

I was bullied by these group of boys in Jr High School because I wasn't like some of the girls a slut I would say and they did nothing but torment my 7th grade year by spreading nasty rumors about me..one guy pushed me over bush's and I hit my head on concret..its not a nice thing to be picked on or bullied..also we just had a guy kill himself over a fight with his girlfriend he was from New Jersey going to school here in scranton he lit himself on fire with gasoline..

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

goldenwarrior wrote:

But I do get your point they haven't talked to much about it, but rest assured they will.

Jack Thompson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thomp … ttorney%29) has supposedly begun to blame violent media for the happenings at Virginia Tech (as he does with everything).  Notice how the parents are never blamed though, because God forbid anyone ever take responsibility for their children once and not the media.

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

You have to wonder what Cho Seung-Hui was going through at the time too.  I know I was picked on a lot in high school for being different.  It was horrible.  That is why everyone should just accept people for their differences and try to appreciate the good in everyone.  God made each of us in his own image.

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar, for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen.
1 John 4:20

I will agree that people are fragile and often a person going through a lot will go off like this (Hell one of my favorite songs ever is Pearl Jam's Jeremy).  However, I must admit to being angry at him.  As un-Christian as it is, I must admit to being angry at him.  I do pray for those who feel that using violence is right to prove a point, because I feel that they are going through something in their lives which is causing this.  But understand that I want to be an English major.  Now that they found his writings, I feel that that has nothing but dark futures ahead.  His writings may in the end ruin the freedom allowed in Creative Writing.  Maybe even to the point of having more censorship and control.  I mean hell, this is all we need to happen now in a world where control and order rule.  In so many ways, anything wrong that happens we do nothing more than sign over more of our rights and freedoms.  9/11 led people into a horrible war based on the idea of pinpointing an enemy and being just as horrible to them, as well as the Patriot Act in which we pretty much gave up privacy.  And now this.  What will this lead to?  A time which resembles 1984 even more?

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
- Mark Twain

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

its a sad situation but no matter what fingers will be pointed and people will be blamed no matter what..they were so quick to blame the cops but none is ever ready for a tragedy we weren't even ready for 9/11 but our ass's were quick to go to war and yet were still there for WHAT?! our President has a excuse for everything weapons of mass distruction found nothing, oil, all kinds of bullshit the only thing we accomplised was getting Sadam but were the hell is Osama? hes the one who worked out the whole thing but yet hes not caught..we fucked up not anyone else our president fucked up not anyone else..so why point fingers at the innocent..

This world is a crazy place and not matter what the wrong people will get blamed and the wrong people will be bitched about..how about the kid that shot down your kid wouldn't you think he would be to blame or what about his parents didn't they pay attention to there sons mental issues wouldn't you look to see that he wasn't right I sure as hell would if it was my kid..

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

RaVeN71806 wrote:
The Epitome of Fear wrote:

You have to wonder what Cho Seung-Hui was going through at the time too.  I know I was picked on a lot in high school for being different.  It was horrible.  That is why everyone should just accept people for their differences and try to appreciate the good in everyone.  God made each of us in his own image.

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar, for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen.
1 John 4:20

I was bullied by these group of boys in Jr High School because I wasn't like some of the girls a slut I would say and they did nothing but torment my 7th grade year by spreading nasty rumors about me..one guy pushed me over bush's and I hit my head on concret..its not a nice thing to be picked on or bullied..also we just had a guy kill himself over a fight with his girlfriend he was from New Jersey going to school here in scranton he lit himself on fire with gasoline..

Well I was goth and not a hick or a cheerleader.  I got food thrown at me, called names, tripped in the hall, etc.. Me and my few goth friends were tormented so bad that the librarian let us eat lunch in the library.  I remeber it like yesterday and I have been out of school for 15 years.  And I know for a fact that those kids who picked on me are now raising their kids to be the same way.  A vicious cycle.

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

The Epitome of Fear wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:
The Epitome of Fear wrote:

You have to wonder what Cho Seung-Hui was going through at the time too.  I know I was picked on a lot in high school for being different.  It was horrible.  That is why everyone should just accept people for their differences and try to appreciate the good in everyone.  God made each of us in his own image.

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar, for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen.
1 John 4:20

I was bullied by these group of boys in Jr High School because I wasn't like some of the girls a slut I would say and they did nothing but torment my 7th grade year by spreading nasty rumors about me..one guy pushed me over bush's and I hit my head on concret..its not a nice thing to be picked on or bullied..also we just had a guy kill himself over a fight with his girlfriend he was from New Jersey going to school here in scranton he lit himself on fire with gasoline..

Well I was goth and not a hick or a cheerleader.  I got food thrown at me, called names, tripped in the hall, etc.. Me and my few goth friends were tormented so bad that the librarian let us eat lunch in the library.  I remeber it like yesterday and I have been out of school for 15 years.  And I know for a fact that those kids who picked on me are now raising their kids to be the same way.  A vicious cycle.

Yeah I know..its a shame I tell yeah I hope to god that my daughter never ever does a thing like that because I will not tolerate it..but I'm sure she won't only being I will never raise her that way but I will teach her not to take it either..I was never liked and it was because I wasn't like them I wasn't a prep or a snob I didn't treat people like shit I treated everyone the same..but I guess theres a price to pay for being nice..but now if they said anything to me now and I do see these asshole because this a small city of course so I still have to see the assholes but anyways if they said anything now my fiancee would just there heads open because in high school he would beat the bullies up unfortuantely though he got out of school for fighting because god for bid you have someone stick up for the kids that our bullied..but your so very right it is a vicious cycle

Last edited by RaVeN71806 (2007-04-18 08:38:21)

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

I look at it this way, there are a variety of skin colors, social classes, religious beliefs, disabilities etc.  But we all bleed red.  We all look different on the outside but we are the same on the inside.  We need to embrace our differences as well as everbody elses.  Unfortunanly I have found this to be only a dream.

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

I look at it this way, there are a variety of skin colors, social classes, religious beliefs, disabilities etc.  But we all bleed red.  We all look different on the outside but we are the same on the inside.  We need to embrace our differences as well as everbody elses.  Unfortunanly I have found this to be only a dream.

I hear yeah and feel yeah..I say the samething everyone bleeds red..

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Thankfully all but one person from my old high school has been accounted for.

What high school did you go to? I'm also from Virginia I'm in my senior year at Patrick Henry High. As far as I know everyone there that went here is o.k. I just don't understand what can make a person do something like that. This is one of those things that your upset that it happened, but happy no one you knew was involved. Especially since so many people from here end up going there.

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

RaVeN71806 wrote:
The Epitome of Fear wrote:

I look at it this way, there are a variety of skin colors, social classes, religious beliefs, disabilities etc.  But we all bleed red.  We all look different on the outside but we are the same on the inside.  We need to embrace our differences as well as everbody elses.  Unfortunanly I have found this to be only a dream.

I hear yeah and feel yeah..I say the samething everyone bleeds red..

I actually bleed black and gold! big_smile

Don't mind me that was just a little Saints humor there still 3 months until the season starts and I am suffering from some withdrawal symtoms. wink

But back on topic a lot of kids today are being picked on sure but thats no different than when I went to school it happens especially in Jr High but there wasn't any extreme violence like there is today.

But this kid wasn't really treated badly by his peers atleast not from what I read, I mean if your only friend is a imaginary girlfriend who you call "Jelly" and she calls you "Spanky" you need some serious help.

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

No he wasn't picked on he how some serious mental issues in his case and it seems to becoming from a bad family background it seems to me that he alot happen to him as  a child..but we were just discussing on how bullying is one of sources too a person snapping and how cruel people can really be..

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes.  I have had some pretty messed up stuff happen to me and I know what it feels like to just snap.  I have to wonder if there were any warning signs?  It's a shame that in the time we live in you have to be catious going to work or school or anywhere for that matter. God help us.

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

There was a warning sign and it was done on his writing in is stories he was doing he talked about killing a teacher and such..the teacher reported it but there was nothing they could do about being he wasn't doing anything illegal..it wasn't a threat towards his actual teacher..

48

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

I bleed Red 'n Black......University of Georgia Bulldogs!!!!

Back to the massacre......I was thinking, if I had been in that situation where I was ina  classroom and heard shooting going on down the hall and coming towards me, I would have grabbed anything as a weapon.....mainly a handful of pencils and would have been as close to the door as possible and kneeling down.....for when the attacker came in and I saw the pistol firing I would have started stabbing that individual in the neck and taken him down with a choke or arm hold. I know I wasn't in that situation but if it did happen to me in a building that's what I would do cause I'm a black belt in TKD and know many simple objects could be used as weapons, even keys on a key cahin could be used to attack a person's eyes(gouging them), paper clip straightened out teh same way, etc......

I know many people will say but you weren't in that situation and you are quite right but still if I heard shots fired coming towards the room I was in that's exactly what I would do is kneel down beside the door and wait for the attacker to barg in and come up from the floor with my weapon and attack, just my 2 cents worth.

Those who held the door closed did the right thing at that time in helping save lives though but a bullet can go through a door too if you have a high power caliber pistol.

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

Here is the interview with the 2 roomates that was on cnn last night it may take a bit to load.

http://podcasts.cnn.net/cnn/services/po … y.affl.m4v

Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

RaVeN71806 wrote:

There was a warning sign and it was done on his writing in is stories he was doing he talked about killing a teacher and such..the teacher reported it but there was nothing they could do about being he wasn't doing anything illegal..it wasn't a threat towards his actual teacher..

Yeah I am sure Stephen King's and other horror authors had some really graphic writings as well, you can't do anything based on those 2 writings, its a free country.

But his grammar was really bad for a english major?