Topic: Crocodile Hunter Dead

Steve Irwin was killed in a marine accident while filming a documentary.  According to Yahoo a stringray's barb nailed him in the chest around the heart. 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_en_tv/obit_irwin

I have to admit watching his show on Animal Planet has been a guilty pleasure of mine for years.  And though I have always joked about the day when a croc finally gets him....I am very stunned and sad.

Re: Crocodile Hunter Dead

This is a bit of a tragedy.  You'd think that this would never happen to a guy like Steve Irwin considering he's been doin' it for years.  I'm gonna miss you and your damn accent.  Rest in peace my friend.

Yea that is sad.. but you know the guy really lived a full life.. I mean he didn't just sit around he lived to the fullest. Did everything he possibly could and eventually all those odds that fell in his favor didn't this time.

RIP my friend..

It's hard to believe after he's been stung, bitten, chased by Komodo Dragons, rolled with crocs, that something like that would end his life. Shows how wicked nature can be.

"But I put my life on the line to save animals."
"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it."
"I mean, these are all just little pink bits here (pointing at his arm) and are just curing up now. I've been recently filming a nine-and-a-half-foot female crocodile I had to catch. Oh, man, she bit me up! That was a mistake."
"I'm a proud Australian, a very, very proud Australian."
"I've probably saved thousands of peoples' lives with my educational message on snake bites, how to get in around venomous anything."
"The only animals I'm not comfortable with are parrots, but I'm learning as I go. I'm getting better and better at 'em. I really am."

Steve Irwin

RIP

i loved watching his show and gotta tell you I really was sad when I head this. God bless his family. RIP Steve Irwin!

He died doing what he loved. He will be missed by people the world over.

your right greg and there is no better way to go when its your time.

Its so hard to believe, all the crazy things that could bite you or sting you or eat you in Australia, I would never have guessed a stingray..stonefish yeah, but a stingray geez.
I lived in Australia for a few years, TOTALLY LOVED IT.
so I am just in shock. I really feel for his family. Steven Irwin was one fella so full of life, He will be missed.

A tribute to Steve Irwin from Jay Leno last night.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAo_FM53N1E[/youtube]

R.I.P Steve Irwin.

Amen Shah, and welcome to the site by the way.