Topic: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

The rules should all be clear to everyone but lately some of you seem to forget you are my guests here and its not a RIGHT but a priviledge to be a part of our community. So with that said new banning policies are now in effect.

Normally moderators wait until I am around so they can share the links with me and decide a course of action. Effective immediately if you break my very clear and very easy rules a moderator will ban you immediately from the site. It is at their discretion as to whether it will be permanent or a temp ban.

If you behave properly, let me know what happened I will consider lifting the ban so long as we can all agree its water under the bridge / apologies are given, etc. Otherwise your SOL and no longer welcome in our community. If a moderator bans you and you re-register and act like an asshole you will be given no consideration and your ban will not be lifted.

Those of you who have been around awhile know  I rarely ban and often give people the benefit of the doubt and unban people who apologize. I am not some all seeing being and I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

I do not take pride in banning people and I do take pride that its VERY rare I have to. You all police yourselves so the moderators are here to help people and encourage discussion not police. But now they have my permission when I am not around to do just that... make sure the integrity of the community WE have all built is maintainted.

As for the rules its pretty simple. RESPECT. You will respect me, you will respect every member and you will behave like a mature adult. If you can not post without flaming and if you can not show enough respect for me by not following this simple rule... you will be banned. Period.

Every member new or old is just as welcome and just as important as those who have been here from the start of this site. Just because some members like MovieMaven, myself, and JMH314 have been around forever does not make us anymore important then somebody with 10 or 100 posts. What that means is if you can not show the same level of respect and courtesy to them as you would me or any other senior member.. you are not welcome here.

This is not directed at 1 person. Its directed at everyone. We are all guilty of saying stupid things at times its how you followup and what you do after that will determine your stay here. Or if you stay at all.

Hopefully this is the last time this year I need to post this.

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

Made it a sticky.....and I swear if this turns into a flame war thread like the other Trolling/Flaming thread has, everybody is getting banned for the day.

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

I'm a good gal wink but this is a wise move. Respect Meh, I love this place and don't want to see HM lost to all hope. But yes, I think the new policy is a great idea.

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

I love the new policy, It will keep this site from turning into one giant flame war, and if you want to see an example of that, all you have to do is visit the fangoria forums. It's not a pretty sight.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2009-08-10 13:20:07)

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

Love you Mr Meh sir I is also a very good girl and promise to play nice big_smile

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

This is real good idea big_smile, keeps the trollers in their place, or rather out of ours! smile

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

Policy should be a sticky.

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

That it is hun wink and Question to JHM and Meh: Will this take over the now closed trolling/ flaming thread? It might be a good idea smile

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

jmh314 wrote:

Made it a sticky.....and I swear if this turns into a flame war thread like the other Trolling/Flaming thread has, everybody is getting banned for the day.

Buttons lips tongue

Seriously , I think the new policy is a great idea .

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

I like this policy a lot, thank you Meh for letting us ruin your day, lol.  Back to horror world......

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

didn't get the chance to say this on the other thread but my thanks to meh, jmh for dealing with this senisbly and apologize on behalf of the members  for the waste of your valuable time. you and all the moderators do a great job but these nasty posts have been creeping in a lot lately and frankly it's embarresing, upsetting  and extremly silly:( and it changes the mood and the tone of the entire forum,and if it continues i will seriously consider leaving.:|

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

wolfman1959 wrote:

didn't get the chance to say this on the other thread but my thanks to meh, jmh for dealing with this senisbly and apologize on behalf of the members  for the waste of your valuable time. you and all the moderators do a great job but these nasty posts have been creeping in a lot lately and frankly it's embarresing, upsetting  and extremly silly:( and it changes the mood and the tone of the entire forum,and if it continues i will seriously consider leaving.:|

Please don't Wolfy sad, you and my other lovely's are all that keep me sane after a long, dull day. You brighten up so much of my night with your awesome jokes, sweet nature and wonderful heart, I'd miss it if ever you should leave hmm **Kisses**

(BTW completely agree with ya darl'!)

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

didn't get the chance to say this on the other thread but my thanks to meh, jmh for dealing with this senisbly and apologize on behalf of the members  for the waste of your valuable time. you and all the moderators do a great job but these nasty posts have been creeping in a lot lately and frankly it's embarresing, upsetting  and extremly silly:( and it changes the mood and the tone of the entire forum,and if it continues i will seriously consider leaving.:|

Please don't Wolfy sad, you and my other lovely's are all that keep me sane after a long, dull day. You brighten up so much of my night with your awesome jokes, sweet nature and wonderful heart, I'd miss it if ever you should leave hmm **Kisses**

(BTW completely agree with ya darl'!)

I second that one B.T.K
love ya wolfie xxxx

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

Don't leave Wolfy!

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

Wolfie will stay even if I have to go down to Cambridge and log him into the site myself wink

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

I wasn't on last night when the World War of Flaming was going on, but looking back, yeah that was pretty f'ing ridiculous. I agree with the new policy. Thanks Meh! big_smile

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

lol I have to a point felt like a mother stepping in and trying to stop some of these, hope that doesn't make me a bad person for stepping in to try and calm things wink

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

Thanks Meh.. these are rules are commone sense and everyone should follow them... Love the forum ! love the website !!

19

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

you would think its common sense. unfortunately a few members got upset while i brought myself up to speed and QUIT the site because frankly the whole affair made them think we are ALL A bunch of assholes.

Toker who alot of you knew has left the site completely. I dont know her but respect why she left the site. The issue is being resolved and will NEVER happen again.

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

I really hope it never happens again, I like this site and stuff like taht gives it a bad name. I tell someone, "Hey check out this site", and they see stuff like that, they'll probably not even consider it sad Good thing it resoved tho big_smile

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

Wolfie or anyone thinking of leaving after all this, don't let one person or two people ruin your fun.  Macho and I are still badass.  Meh and JMH slave for our fun.  Horsey is still around somewhere touching himself in a corner, we're all here for fun.  What assholes there are, they will not last.

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Wolfie or anyone thinking of leaving after all this, don't let one person or two people ruin your fun.  Macho and I are still badass.  Meh and JMH slave for our fun.  Horsey is still around somewhere touching himself in a corner, we're all here for fun.  What assholes there are, they will not last.

Ahem... *taps foot*

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

*laughs at Maven when she realises she's tapping the bad foot* lol:lol:

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

It so happens I was.  BECAUSE I went to the doctor today and I am down to ONE crutch intil midweek then OUT of the boot by Friday, Mr.  Fancy Pants.  smile  So my "bad foot" is now my "okay but could be better foot".  big_smile

25

Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

moviemaven wrote:
Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Wolfie or anyone thinking of leaving after all this, don't let one person or two people ruin your fun.  Macho and I are still badass.  Meh and JMH slave for our fun.  Horsey is still around somewhere touching himself in a corner, we're all here for fun.  What assholes there are, they will not last.

Ahem... *taps foot*

lol this one went right over my head. You making the point your still quietly lurking with yer busted foots? tongue