Topic: twilight meets nightmare

Twilight actor Kellan Lutz is in talks to join the cast of New Line's A Nightmare on Elm Street, being directed by Samuel Bayer and Platinum Dunes.

Lutz, who would play a popular school jock, will star opposite the previously-announced Jackie Earle Haley (the new Freddy Krueger), Rooney Mara, Kyle Gallner and Thomas Dekker.

The film is slated to begin shooting May 5 in Chicago

Source is comingsoon.net

Re: twilight meets nightmare

Damn, this sort of news just makes me even more unsure of my feelings on the new NOES. Would love for it to be good but my mind is in two halves. Will wait for the film and reviews then if all is well I might check it out, but thanks for the news Rag hun big_smile

Don't let the fact that he played in twilight fooled you hun. He is a great actor. Not the best but still

thanks Rag darl' never watched Twi lol but what you said as calmed down my worries quite a bit smile

don't judge the actor by his resume but judge by the way he acts.

What do you do if you haven't seen them in a movie or for that matter act? lol I might be in the minority of never seeing him act.

then you trust me hun wink

Aye that I do Raggy wink Definitely trust ya, no question smile

This is good news, he is a good actor. smile

yay someone else on my side!!!

I have put my money where my mouth is and am not going to watch it. Or I will give myself a severe thrashing. tongue

I like Kellan and I hope he can do a good job. I'm still undecided about this movie since I love the original so much--- but knowing me I'll probably give it a go.

where in Chicago is it being filmed???

Nice, rorschach is the new freddy. That should definitely be good, I hope...
I don't care who else is in it as long as it's really dark and they all die in the end like in TCM: the beginning.

I heard Billy Bob Thornton is playing Freddy. Is that right?

I'm really iffy on this movie--of course I will go see it. I was really disappointed with some of the recent remakes

Billy Bob ?  no he isnt the new Freddy

It'll be nice to see Freddy kill a Twilight brat.

back in the day horror used unknown actors... i wish they still did instead of running to the next big thing sad