Topic: George Romeros Survival of the Dead Trailer

Below you can checkout a brand new promotional trailer for Survival of the Dead courtesy of DreadCentral. ShootForTheHead has also supplied us with a synopsis for the film which goes like so; . The action centers on two warring clans of Plum Island; ...

Read More : George Romeros Survival of the Dead Trailer

Re: George Romeros Survival of the Dead Trailer

I guess since its still in production that explains why it seems a bit cheap but regardless, this movie looks like its got potential. Better than Diary maybe, hopefully!!! big_smile Plus that opening gore thing was kewl!

I just wish that Romero would get some money to make his movies look better.  Besides the weak story/plot in "Land" and "Diary", the cheap feel for the movies hurt the most for me.  Sure, "Land" still looked like a real movie, but the whole idea behind it seemed Non-Romero.

When you compare "Night" to "Survival" in terms of Production value...it's sad that an old B&W movie can look better.  I'll still give "Survival" a chance, but it probably won't impress me any.

looks dumb

I honestly enjoyed this. Although a lil short and cheap on the plot, this looks like something that might turn out surprisingly good. The outdoors setting reminds me of Dawn's chopper trip, when you see all those rednecks "hunting" zombies in the fields. On the other hand, he went back to some of Day and Land's ideas, among which a zombie can still evolve, albeit slowly, and learn -- damn I miss Bob... sad -- when one man says "we got to get them to hunt something other than us", which makes it interesting.

As for the production values and overall feel, what did you expect, precisely? This is guerilla filmmaking like George did back in the NOTLD days -- whatever gets the the job done -- and done independently. Besides that, the system doesn't work as it did in the past, he produced almost all of his films independently, then finding a distributor, and hunting the financial backers. Things don't work this way no more and this is why we probably won't ever see another Romero movie looking as good and gritty at the same time, yet totally independently, as his first ones.

But at least he is still going at it, and still fighting, in a way, the Hollywood Machine, doing things his way, and we should all be thankful for this or otherwise there wouldn't be a DTV market, where many of us -- let's be honest here -- discovered some GREAT and SURPRISINGLY GOOD movies, that were produced outside of Hollywood and were so much more fun than what's been the norm nowadays in movie theathers. But this is just my two cents. smile

Last edited by TheCrimsonGhost (2009-08-11 16:58:11)

I can see the clan who wants the zombies obliterated will win. Why would the other clan of folks want to try and save their zombie family members as they slowly rot away tongue
Sounds kinda wierd for a Romero flick.

Guh.. I think Romero should have taken a longer break after Diary of the Dead to collect some better ideas.. He should also stop going back to zombies for a little while.. Do something like Creepshow.. This just looks.. awful.. sad

I disagree about it looking awful. It just hasn't progressed much visually... but you can almost always pick out a George movie just on looks alone, even if you didn't know who directed it.   I dig that the thing is practically a western.   

But I agree, I'd love to see another Creepshow or Knightriders out of him.

Hopefully there wil be more zombie than Diary oftd

i think Romero has lost his mojo... there are only so many times one person can re write the same movie over n over again. the more he does, the weaker they get...

only thing i hated about diary of the dead, was the main female character, fuck she was lame and annoying, and i wanted to jizz her mouth n eyes shut. other then that, the movie its self was a good romero movie.. better den land of the dead

anyhoo... i hope i am wrong about this new one..

but I cant deal with anymore shit characters/actors

DemonToSome wrote:

I can see the clan who wants the zombies obliterated will win. Why would the other clan of folks want to try and save their zombie family members as they slowly rot away tongue
Sounds kinda wierd for a Romero flick.

That was at least one of the main reasons why the zombies won in the original trilogy. People couldn't bring themselves to shoot their undead relatives, resulting in their demise, and even more ghouls. If only they would remain UNEMOTIONAL!... rational... logical... logical....

As much as I love Romero, I have no hopes for this film. So far, anyway. We'll just have to wait and see, because I don't want to put the cart before the horse based solely on a rough-rough-cut trailer.

DUMMIES! DUMMIEEEES! DUMMIEEEEES!

Last edited by kentweirdo (2009-08-12 01:16:32)

Yea I liked Land of the Dead.. Of course not as much as his previous films but I thought it was still pretty good.. But I always had a bad feeling about Diary of the Dead.. and ended up being right about that one..

The thing with this film is it looks extremely cheap and the zombies don't look impressive at all.. I hope I'm wrong but this is shaping up to be worse than Diary.. Like I said before I think Romero should do something like Creepshow or Martin again before doing another zombie film..

Is it just me, or does this idea look like Zombie (Zombi 2)?

i for one am looking forward to this

I liked Land of the Dead too.... until the ending came along. I hated that ending, like wtf.

Hey PEEPS the trailer is up at http://fantasticfest.bside.com/2009/fil … icfest2009

and right now only they (Fantastic Fest) have the right (besides Romero) to be broadcasting the footage which is why you aren't seeing it on youtube or here.

video been deleted...epic fail... lol sorry just kidding... but it shows deleted  hmm

Couldn't find a link to an active trailer for the movie... boo. I don't care what anyone says, I love Romero and I think his movies are amazing. I wrote written papers on his movies I like them so much! I'm very excited for this one smile