Re: 32 confirmed dead in Virginia tech shooting

goldenwarrior wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:

There was a warning sign and it was done on his writing in is stories he was doing he talked about killing a teacher and such..the teacher reported it but there was nothing they could do about being he wasn't doing anything illegal..it wasn't a threat towards his actual teacher..

Yeah I am sure Stephen King's and other horror authors had some really graphic writings as well, you can't do anything based on those 2 writings, its a free country.

But his grammar was really bad for a english major?

The line between what is a warning sign and what is just freedom of speech can be very grey sometimes.  I know if people read the stuff I wrote they would take me for a total psycho.

The Epitome of Fear wrote:
goldenwarrior wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:

There was a warning sign and it was done on his writing in is stories he was doing he talked about killing a teacher and such..the teacher reported it but there was nothing they could do about being he wasn't doing anything illegal..it wasn't a threat towards his actual teacher..

Yeah I am sure Stephen King's and other horror authors had some really graphic writings as well, you can't do anything based on those 2 writings, its a free country.

The line between what is a warning sign and what is just freedom of speech can be very grey sometimes.  I know if people read the stuff I wrote they would take me for a total psycho.

this explains more about Chow
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070418/ap_ … h_shooting

goldenwarrior wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:

Yeah I understand that I wrote alot of messed up storys when i was in school..and I myself am not pointing any fingers I just said what they had posted online..there gonna blame anything right now..Chow was a depressant it was said that he was on medication there was a point and time where a person made a call because they were worried that he was suicidal...that is how he hospitalized and was diagnosed as a depressant...I mean there is something serously wrong with someone when you go on a killing spree and have no remorse..no sorrow..a blank face and just kill anybody in site..I don't feel sorry for him at all for who I feel sorry for is victims family..he was found to be stalking two girls on campus aswell..theres two difference between Stephen King and Chow...Stephen King write horror novels as Chow his story were intentional there was anger there and hate..Stephen King writes about Rabid Dogs, A Girl with Mind Power, A Possessed Car, Ghosts, Vampires..this guy was talking about killing a teacher who raped these students..I don't know I think Chow was fucked up individual who needed serious help...

Perhaps if you don't focus on just one warning sign but all of them as one

The make beleive girlfriend at his age was disturbing
The writings
Taking upskirt pictures of girls in his classroom
Stalking girls
Social isolation... this one here is a big factor everyone needs some human contact or even the most sane person can go nuts aside from his roomates which were there because they had to be they were the only ones that even talked to him for atleast a year.

The media and myself is talking to much about this gunman and not enough about those that matter.

Just take a few minutes and read this article it has pictures and stories on the men and women that were killed that day, its really sad most of them are a lot younger than me and had a bright future.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18143312/

RaVeN71806 wrote:

Stephen King write horror novels as Chow his story were intentional there was anger there and hate..Stephen King writes about Rabid Dogs, A Girl with Mind Power, A Possessed Car, Ghosts, Vampires..this guy was talking about killing a teacher who raped these students..I don't know I think Chow was fucked up individual who needed serious help...

There is one Stephen King novel written as Richard Bachman called Rage.  Very few people have read it (though I have) and it deals with the subject of school shootings in which a teen, named Charlie Decker, kills several of his teachers and holds his class hostage.  The reason this Bachman novel is rarely seen is because Stephen King removed it from print after the Columbine massacre.  Also, in Stephen King's short story collection Skeleton Crew there is a short story called "Cain Rose Up", in which a college student, named Curt Garish, goes on a sniper rampage from his dorm room.

My reason for bringing this up, is simply to prove a point which I feel is being brought up but overlooked.  The point being: that creative writing gives the author the freedom to write that which they wish to write.  However, this individual was greatly disturbed and wished to act rather than to simply write and convey his pain through literature.  Great literature comes from pain being channeled in a healthy manner which he could not do.  But must we all suffer for it?

The problem here is that he was not sane enough to do this.  That is what angers me.  Because instead of looking upon this as a horrible tragedy in which many lives were taken in their prime, it will be used to further banning, attack horror writers or writers who have similar situations.  And if his plays struck fear in people: What is next?  Edgar Allen Poe's "The Cask of Amontillado" talks of Montressor burying his friend Fortunato behind a wall for no apparent reason other than his own insanity.  So, should Poe's work be removed?  H.P. Lovecraft's works were all inspired by horrible nightmares which he had; these horrific and odd nightmares was the clay which he molded into his brilliant short stories.  So good bye there too?  Ambrose Bierce's "My Favorite Murder" tells the story of an unnamed narrator who murders his uncle and mother.  That cannot possibly be safe, can it?  Stephen King's Misery contains Annie Wilkes (as most know) who is one of the most psychotic characters ever.  So, since she comes from the mind of Stephen King, does that mean he hopes to chop off the feet of someone with an axe or any of the other psychotic things?  And if we must bring it to plays, what of Tennessee William's A Streetcar Named Desire?  Because it contains suicide and rape, does that mean he wanted to rape people or commit suicide?  But since it contains it and is disturbing I guess we must remove it.  Authors must be removed from their works.  The works must stand alone.  Evaluate the writer's mental health and not his work, because like many of us who are healthy but write disturbing stuff so were these authors.  The gunman, however, was the complete opposite.  Horrible writings and psychotic ways.  The person, and not the writings.  That is important.

goldenwarrior wrote:

Perhaps if you don't focus on just one warning sign but all of them as one

The make beleive girlfriend at his age was disturbing
The writings
Taking upskirt pictures of girls in his classroom
Stalking girls
Social isolation... this one here is a big factor everyone needs some human contact or even the most sane person can go nuts aside from his roomates which were there because they had to be they were the only ones that even talked to him for atleast a year.

The media and myself is talking to much about this gunman and not enough about those that matter.

Just take a few minutes and read this article it has pictures and stories on the men and women that were killed that day, its really sad most of them are a lot younger than me and had a bright future.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18143312/

Bravo, Sir.  The individual needed help.  There were many scarier factors which pointed to his insanity.  His writings were nothing compared to the other things.

Great post Dude on the writings. There has been some more news come out on this guy that makes him even more crazy.

Gunman sent package to NBC News
‘I didn’t have to do this,’ says message mailed between shootings
http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070418/070418_vatech_shooterSTILL.hmedium.jpg

Article

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776/

Dude and Warrior very well said..I didn't know about those other Stephen King books..

I read what was on the tape and this man was truely truely disturbed..

Jeremy Hurbsitit..was from Pennsylvania he graduated from Penn State and then went on to VT for his bacholar I believe..:(

This was truely a terrible tragedy for the whole country and i pray to the gods for all the friends and familys of the ppl who lost their lives in this, but also that ppl will stop being so stupid and try to deal with their anger and hate in healthy ways. when i get really mad, i spar with wooden swords with my friends and it gets my anger out.

theres no doubt in my mind that in less than 5 years Hollywood will make a movie about this tragedy, jst like they did with the 9-11 attacks, they will make a movie that will rip wounds in peoples souls open again after they had started to heal but hadnt completely healed yet.

deathgate your so right its not even funny..

Today on one of the main news channels there was a reporter discussing the killer with a FBI former profiler and she brought up the picture of him holding up the hammer and then said that it might have come from the asian film Oldboy. That's all us horror fans need to hear now is that they are gonna blame psychopaths on horror films watching so I turned off the tv and have no idea what else they said.

I have Oldboy on dvd and yeah it's kinda a violent martial arts type film but yet that wouldn't make someone go nuts......jeesh!!!!!

They need something to talk about on their news shows so they talk bullshit. The guy was insane, and no movie or music or video game caused him to be nuts and no matter how much they try to figure it out, they are NEVER going to find out why he snapped.

Well the copycats have already begun to emerge

http://cbs13.com/topstories/local_story_109122737.html

YUBA CITY Sutter County schools are on lockdown and Yuba County schools on heightened alert this morning after a man allegedly threatened to go on a killing spree that would make Monday's massacre at Virginia Tech look mild.

Sutter County Sheriff's Department deputies are urgently searching for Jeffery Thomas Carney.
http://llnw.img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_109122726/lg

The Sutter County Sheriff's Department says Carney called his pastor and family saying he would go on a shooting spree that would make the killings at Virginia Tech look mild. They say he also said he had an AK-47, improvised explosive devices and poison. They also said he wanted to commit suicide by cop.

Jeffery Thomas Carney is described as a 28-year-old white male. He is 6'1" tall and weighs 190 pounds, with brown eyes and short brown hair.

Carney made no specific threat to any particular place or location but schools in both Yuba and Sutter County are taking precautions.

Yuba City School District Superintendent Nancy Aaberg placed a message on the district website outlining the security precautions her district is taking including putting all schools on lockdown, additional campus supervision and increased law enforcement patrol around all schools in the district and county.

Carney is a known methamphetamine user and is possibly under the influence, say deputies. They say he may be exhibiting symptoms of methamphetamine psychosis.

The Sutter County Sheriff's department says Carney is several pounds lighter than the photo they have released. Carney is currently homeless. His last known address was with family in North Yuba City.

Carney is possibly driving a red, boxy, mid-1990's Honda/Toyota-type sedan with a black hood.

All local police agencies have been notified and have been searching for Carney throughout the night.

RIP wrote:

Today on one of the main news channels there was a reporter discussing the killer with a FBI former profiler and she brought up the picture of him holding up the hammer and then said that it might have come from the asian film Oldboy. That's all us horror fans need to hear now is that they are gonna blame psychopaths on horror films watching so I turned off the tv and have no idea what else they said.

I have Oldboy on dvd and yeah it's kinda a violent martial arts type film but yet that wouldn't make someone go nuts......jeesh!!!!!

Well I actually thought the same thing when I saw the picture, notice they brought up Dirty Harry and showed a couple clips from a old Clint Eastwood film, I don't think there focusing on horror in general but violence in movies.

There putting blame on everything from the cops, doctors, school its the media I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Yeah I figure not too long from now there will be more shootings and copycats coming out of the wood works cause there are some majorly sick people in this world.

I love horror movies and love a good ole gory one with kills in it but that's doesn't mean I'm gonna go get my Myers mask and a butcher knife or grab my guns and go out like Natural Born Killers or anything like that lol. I'm just a simple horror movie fan and don't want any of that stuff on the screen to really happen to anyone in real life.

I dont think anyone really want to see real life violence, and that why we enjoy watchin the movies. its fine to see someone go and kill alot of people in a movie, but thats because its fake, but when someone actually does it, its real and just something that shouldnt happen.

lol there going on and on about it bah there crazy most of you have seen it but here is a clip I actually liked it a lot and it isn't a true horror movie to me I liked the sequel as well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jd8ZWNwrdOw

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-04-19 18:29:26)

They get mad at everybody but the person who did it they just blame everything from horror movies, to a scary novel to a violent movie but the actual person..

this is a little off subject, but there was a kid at my school today who got arrested for bringing a 45 magnum to school and he was going to shoot some people, luckely, the cops stopped him before he could hurt anyone. the only reason he got caught was because he had been sayin that he was going to do it the day before.

Gunman barricades himself in NASA building

What I have heard is there were atleast 2 shots fired and there are a couple people missing that doesn't mean anything though they could have left early from work.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/20/nasa.g … index.html

HOUSTON, Texas (CNN) -- NASA evacuated a building at the Johnson Space Center in Houston after an employee with a gun was seen and a shot was fired, a NASA spokesman said Friday.

A SWAT team with the Houston Police has been dispatched to building 44 on the Johnson Space Center property, a source told CNN. Building 44 holds a laboratory.

The man with the gun is white, slim in build, about 5 feet 9 inches, 50 to 52 years old and has blond hair, police said. He is clean shaven, wearing glasses and a blue-grey shirt with grey or blue jeans.

The call for help came in to the Houston Police at 1:40 p.m. (2:40 p.m. ET) but it's unclear who made that call.

NASA spokesman James Hartfield said all of the employees that would have been in that building have been evacuated. (Watch employees being evacuated after gunfire is heard )

There is "extremely tight security" at Johnson Space Center, Hartfield said.

A NASA spokesperson told CNN that all employees have been told to go home for the day.

Space Center Intermediate School, less than a mile south of building 44, was locked down, said Karen Permetti, spokeswoman for Clear Creek Independent School District. The lock-down was lifted at about 5 p.m. (ET).

She said the school lets out at 4 p.m. (5 p.m. ET) and parents have been asked not to come to the school to pick up their children.

The school has about 1,200 students, according to the school district.

As standard procedure, Mission Control's doors were locked, The Associated Press reported.

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-04-20 16:58:50)

Its been reported that the gunman is dead and a hostage is dead and another hostage shot.

Damn, I didn't even watch any news today about the Nasa incident.

this is one fucked up world. its 4:20 people. go smoke some weed and get along with everyone else. play some Bob Marley, get fucked up beyond all hell, and just have a good day.