Topic: Watch District 9: The Original Short Film

Neill Bloomkamp's District 9 has been all over since last summer with viral marketing everywhere. Well today I decided I was going to look for the original short on which the film is based, Alive in Joburg. Sure enough Youtube came through for me. Si...

Read More : Watch District 9: The Original Short Film

Re: Watch District 9: The Original Short Film

You know watching that makes me want to be on the aliens side. i do not think i can watch it in the theater that movie is gonna make me cry i can feel it coming now sad

That was a really good short.. can't wait to see what they did with a real budget.

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

You know watching that makes me want to be on the aliens side. i do not think i can watch it in the theater that movie is gonna make me cry i can feel it coming now sad

I was thinking the same thing!   But I will probably see it.

Annielicious wrote:
Godzilla_Rules wrote:

I was thinking the same thing!   But I will probably see it.

You need to come with me for emotional support lol

I Cant Wait To See District 9

Im going on opening night. So excited~~~!!!

I remember watching this a while ago and thought it was amazing. District 9 the feature looks even more so. Will see this is theatres for sure!

I think this is one of the better prelims to a movie that I've ever seen.  Can't wait!

cool A fantastic short, no less. Peter Jackson sure has a thing for digging up new talent. I love the kinda fascist/not-in-my-yard tone of the general public's opinion on the aliens, which makes the story even more compelling. I'll make sure to keep an eye on the feature film, if only to see how the director developped his basic plot and storyline. smile

Thanks for the link. Now I have even more motivation to go see this film tomorrow afternoon.