Topic: It hit me...

What I liked about those 70's movies that I don't get in the here and now 2007....
70's movies + unpolished characters + great acting= that special something:)
I suppose thats one of the reasons why I like Indie movies over the perfect pearl white teeth and structured hair of mainstream Hollywood. I like imperfection in my characters, depth and a natural this is who I am persona.
I don't miss some of those soundtracks in 70's movies though lol. (I think they passed around the same soundtrack for a few movies).

Re: It hit me...

i love the pace of the movies at that time. stories seemed to unfold for the viewer instead of being thrown at them but some of the soundtracks.....

they don't make em like they used to...

Yes, the MTV guarilla style of editing we see a lot of these days was cool for a short time, but it starts to wear on me after awhile.  Since I grew up in the 70's these movies are sort of special for me too.

Even though I was born in the early 90's, I grew up watching horror films from the 70's.  They are special, even to me.

yeah they don't make them like they used..it sucks I love realistic of the gore, the fear and no computer graphics..I grew in the 80's but I started with watching 70's horror myself..

i like alot of the older movies alot better, for all the reasons that everyone has mentioned, but theres something else. i love the use of makeup to make people look scary like in the exorcist, rather than the computer grafics. and i also love the animatronics (sp) freom the 80's, like in the Alien movies. its so much cooler to see a puppet of an alien all covered in slime and stuff and its actually there and the actor is actually looking at it, rather than the computer stuff that they do now. an example (not horror) but in the new star wars movies, they just used a fake head that the actors would look at for eye contact, but then it would be edited in later. the old is just better.

Yea I feel the same way as most of you guys do.. I am somewhat partial to films of the 80s.. They just went wild with over the top gore and nudity.. It was just something about that era when there really was no boundaries. They also had real actors.. Like someone mentioned earlier every actor now is pampered and just don't connect with me at all.. I call them all "WB" actors.. Even though the channel is gone I still stick to the term..