Topic: Batman Arkham Asylum Screenshots

This new batman game looks bad ass. Lets hope it doesnt SUCK like all the past batman games.

http://www.reelcomix.com/1240-Batman-Ar … shots.html

Re: Batman Arkham Asylum Screenshots

Here is the latest video released on it. I'm thinking this one is going to be a blast.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/previ … kham/53687

The demo is out on the EU psn servers. Should hit americas in about 8 hours or so. I'm about to check it out.

nice the graphics look the same as Mortal Kombat vs DCU. Can't wait to drop loads of $$ on this. I loved the graphic novel.

I have to start out saying I am a big batman fan. I’ve been disappointed by every batman game I have ever given a chance. This one caught my eye due to visually looking amazing. Although still a bit hesitant I’ve been waiting to get my hands on the demo. After playing the demo twice through now I can’t help but wonder if this is finally the game that will give the Dark Knight justice.

It starts out as most of you’ve seen bringing the joker into the infamous Arkham Asylum.  First thing that stood out is the true comic nature of the visuals. The developers have studied arkham and it looks surreal to actually  see how batman looks as you move with him. First thing I’m sure all will notice is batman sounds great but Mark Hammil doing the voice over for the joker is perfect.

Harley Quinn and few other make appearances in the demo. I don’t want to give anything away since it’s a demo and as expected short. So far I say I’m pleasantly surprised with how the characters look, sound and move. It took me a only a few minutes to get the feel for how batman moves in this game and it feels more natural than I though it would.

You get a taste for the dynamic combat and this was one of my main worries. It does truly feel dynamic  when you have to fights the henchmen. However, as you see in the demo, this isn’t just a button mashing adventure game. As you get a nice taste of how detective mode works, use of the batarang and other “silent predator† objectives that make you really feel like batman

Without a doubt, the demo shows that they finally have the right idea for a batman game. You truly feel like you are striking fear into the criminals and it’s rater satisfying. Major props to the demo. Let’s hope they can keep the excitement and  awe for the rest of the game.

Yea I got the demo on XBL and Mark Hammil is very impressive as the Joker. However my feelings about the game are not as glowing as yours are.. Well the story is pretty amazing that is what struck me.. But the combat I think might get a little repettiive. I'm hoping there is more to it than just hitting X and than Y to counter..

It would have been nice if they threw in at least a kick button or something.. Well its only a demo so there is a lot of variables here that will probably change over time..

cool smile

Goon wrote:

Yea I got the demo on XBL and Mark Hammil is very impressive as the Joker. However my feelings about the game are not as glowing as yours are.. Well the story is pretty amazing that is what struck me.. But the combat I think might get a little repettiive. I'm hoping there is more to it than just hitting X and than Y to counter..

It would have been nice if they threw in at least a kick button or something.. Well its only a demo so there is a lot of variables here that will probably change over time..

I got the same feeling about the controls. Outside of maybe some stealth missions the rest seems pretty much like a standard hack n slash style button masher

First review is up and it's from Games Master UK. They gave it a 96 and said it's a masterpiece that can stand up along side other modern classics like Bioshock, RE4, and Gears of War. That seems a little far fetched but who knows

Looks Bad Ass

yeah I have to agree mod, I was a little dissapointed that the environents wern't interactive.

I'm looking forward to it.  It seems impressive enough, but I'm still awaiting the first review.  I'm hoping it's good and it's great to hear Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy are voicing Joker and Batman.

jmh314 wrote:

First review is up and it's from Games Master UK. They gave it a 96 and said it's a masterpiece that can stand up along side other modern classics like Bioshock, RE4, and Gears of War. That seems a little far fetched but who knows

Yea well there actually was another magazine who issued an early review and had the game on the cover.. Which would jive with the rumor that said if they gave the game a high score they would let them have some exclusives..

It was fun in that little demo.. but this is still a wait and see title for me..

If you are fan of the comics it's a must have. It's fantastically done and there is a lot to do. Only downside is no multi but there are quite a few challenge rooms for leader boards.

I'm having a helluva lot of fun with it.

I traded in a bunch of games like Left 4 Dead and Street Fighter that were just collecting dust after I played them for 2 weeks and got Arkham.  I've gotten pretty far already and it's a fun stealth detective game.  It's fun hunting down clues and hiding to avoid guys.   Reminds me a lot of the Chronicles of Riddick game, which was a lot of sneaking i nthe dark and good amounts of hand to hand combat.

I don't like the sneaking in the dark part, but it's more involved than a hack and slash, I'll write a review

I just bought this game and I have been playing it for like 8 hours straight.

I did the  same thing. Finished it a bit too quick. lol

I'm so excited! I've been waiting for this a loooong time.. I'm going to purchase it real soon.