Re: What's the one horror movie everyone should own?

Um, John Carpenter's The Thing was a remake.  But your right, if someone were to redo his version would be a disaster.

I agree Simatar, The Exorcist is a must own and a must see.  Though I think The Stand is much better as a novel.

John Carpenter's The Thing or Clive Barker's Hellraiser should also definitely be owned.

I've never liked The Exorcist. The only thing I like about it is Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield.
When it came out all I heard was, ya its a true story. And I say ya right, the priest was on acid then when he was in the room with her and hallucinating, seeing all this shit, like her head spinning and hearing voices and all the spew coming out of her mouth.

Anyways I say "House of 1000 Corpses" needs to be in everyones movie collection.

I liked Army of Darkness Meh, but I prefer Evil Dead 2 over it.

House of 1000 corpses is a definate must own.  However, if you have House then you must without a doubt have The Devils Rejects.  Both are excellent films.

The Thing, Evil Dead and Night of the Living Dead

Agreed TiM, I love House of 1,000 and the Rejects. But a good goofy horror is also House. I love those crazy monsters and that damn dog that stole the hand.

three good ones are

the thing
wolf creek
hostel

I would say Hellraiser, as well.  It's almost too damn good.

Yeah, I would agree with you jarg.  I would say that all the "boogeymen" movies like A nightmare on Elm street, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Hellraiser are all must haves.  And yes, I am a hypocrit considering I do not own any of them.

Hellraiser and Hellbound:Hellraiser 2 should be on the top of everyones list cool

Sixth Sense I guess

i new on here, but the one and only movies ever is identity
i loved this bloody movies,  my friends wanted a movies, he loved, so he gave ten pounds for it, then i went got on for 5:99 at HMV, long story stort i gave it to over 13 peolpe and no one bad word about movies, it wicked, must see, GO NOW, to any video store that is open, you will not be disspointed with this movies

Last edited by BASSI (2006-09-08 16:20:11)

BASSI wrote:

so he came ten pounds for it

You know Ron Jeremy?!?

in my opinion you should at least have anything from BORIS KARLOFF, BELA LUGOSI, VINCENT PRICE, OR LON CHANEY JR.  what i normaly if i have spending cash i go to wallmart and buy as many horror movies i can good or bad that is how i  find hard to find movies like 1970 blood on satan's claw

Suspiria ,The Devils Rejects, Audition, Dawn Ultimate ED. , Hills Have Eyes 2 Disc set..  M , The Vanishing (Dutch vers). The Descent , In my opinion you should have atleast 1 if not all of these movies.

Although I don't own this one, I think that the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre should be on everyone's shelves.  I am planning on getting it, I just need to find a copy though I think I know how to get one.

I also think that The Exorcist is one to own along with Hellraiser (1 & 2), Jaws, Nightmare On Elmstreet, Friday the Thirteenth, and Night of the Living Dead.  Army of Darkness is another that cannot be missed.

Guess that...in summation...we all need about 20 that are must haves!!!! ..or 100 smile

Last edited by PhilnEdee (2006-11-19 20:42:05)

Horror of Dracula (1958) with Christopher Lee should be on everyones shelf

A Nightmare On Elm Street, all Hellraisers, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original and remake), The Exorcist, and The Devil's Rejects.

The Thing
Dawn of the Dead
Army of Darkness
Evil Dead
From Dusk till Dawn...
...are a few that everyone should own.

my favorite B horror film.....Night of the Demons!  Everyone should have it!

they all good movies to own and there are heaps more but i must say evil dead, the first time we saw ash was awsome.

I'm suprised nobody made any mention to Phantasam.

The thing about Phantasm is, its kind of hard to obtain.  If it was easy to get a hold of then it would be at the top of my list.