Topic: The Final Destinaiton VS H2 (2009)

(Both better know as Final Destination 4 VS Halloween 2 (2009)
Both of these movie are going to come out on the same day!

(SEE THE LAST POST FIRST smile)

The Final Destination 3D (2009)
Plot: On what should have been a fun-filled day at the races, Nick O'Bannon has a horrific premonition in which a bizarre sequence of events causes multiple race cars to crash, sending flaming debris into the stands, brutally killing his friends and causing the upper deck of the stands to collapse on him. When he comes out of this grisly nightmare Nick panics, persuading his girlfriend, Lori, and their friends, Janet and Hunt, to leave...escaping seconds before Nick's frightening vision becomes a terrible reality. Thinking they've cheated death, the group has a new lease on life, but unfortunately for Nick and Lori, it is only the beginning. As his premonitions continue and the crash survivors begin to die one-by-one--in increasingly gruesome ways--Nick must figure out how to cheat death once and for all before he, too, reaches his final destination. The film marks the latest in the highly popular "Final Destination" series, and its first 3D installment, giving horror fans an especially visceral thrill ride.

trailer : http://www.terrorfeed.com/index.php?id= … n4-trailer

Now
H2 (2009)
Plot: Michael Myers is still at large and no less dangerous than ever. After a failed reunion to reach his baby sister at their old home, Laurie Strode is immediately taken to a hospital to be treated by the wounds that had been afflicted by her brother a few hours ago. However, Michael isn't too far off and will continue his murdering 'Halloween' rampage until he gets his sister all to himself

Trailer: http://www.terrorfeed.com/index.php?id= … -2-trailer

These movies will go head to head on same day!
Which movie do you think will come on top?
also Which movie will you see in the cinema first ?

(i was going to make poll but i forgot how to do it !:P

Last edited by BASSI (2009-07-01 09:38:16)

Re: The Final Destinaiton VS H2 (2009)

I think it'll be close but i think that halloween 2 will come out on top. I want to see both but i think that halloween 2 will come first on my list.

Funnily enough I'm not over the moon about either. Halloween 2 might be pretty damn good but the first one just didn't get my love so I am 50/50 on this film & Final Destination 2 is pretty much a series about the deaths they can elaborate on. But the acting has got me worried. I know it's death killing pretty teens but I need to care for the acting or the movie loses so much for me.

I don't know what will do better, I think it might come down to a very tight finish, although I think FD might come out on top. I'm not sure why but I think the appeal of 3D to teenagers is the way it'll pass the mark. Me? I'm not seeing either at the cinema not until reviews specify how good/ bad they are.

I going to see H2, but FD might do better just because it's in 3D.

Not sure how true this it but
Someone Told me Halloween 2 is going be moved to Octorber 16
Maybe just for UK but not sure, Reallly hope dose happen!
So can see The Final Destination 3 times that day tongue

Release dates for
The Final Destination
Malaysia  27 August 2009 
Singapore  27 August 2009 
Canada  28 August 2009 
UK  28 August 2009 
USA  28 August 2009 
Germany  3 September 2009 
Netherlands  3 September 2009 
Bulgaria  4 September 2009 
Argentina  10 September 2009 
Portugal  10 September 2009 
Russia  10 September 2009 
Ukraine  10 September 2009 
Greece  11 September 2009 
Romania  11 September 2009 
Belgium  16 September 2009 
France  16 September 2009 
Estonia  25 September 2009 
Australia  1 October 2009 
New Zealand  1 October 2009 
Czech Republic  15 October 2009 
Japan  17 October 2009 
Brazil  4 December 2009 
Italy  22 January 2010 

H2
Canada  28 August 2009 
USA  28 August 2009 
Sweden  September 2009 
Brazil  30 October 2009

Last edited by BASSI (2009-07-01 09:37:36)

H2! No question.

I think this will be a close call.  I want to say H2 (I already have my ticket), but with the 3D gimmick and the general public seems to like the FD series.  Well, I'm pretty confident H2 will reign!

I think H2 because Halloween is a fave of the horror fans and also not every place in the world has a 3D cinema (for example in my town) so it would be hard to watch FD...

Halloween 2.  I was impressed enough by Zombie's "leaked" trailer that  I'm willing to give this one a chance, despite not being crazy about Halloween 1.  I think we're in for something new for a halloween movie which is the whole point of a "Re-imagining."

Final Destination to me, is a gimmick franchise (the killer is DEATH, give me a break), and now it's on a gimmick medium? Pass.

Bo and I got into it over who got to see what for review on Last Blog  for Friday night.  We both wanted to see The Final Destination.  I won.  Hehe

Yes, it is a gimmick, but it's a gimmick I adore.  I have been crazy about 3D since the days of Jaws 3 and F13 Part 3 as a kid.  And now the technology is leaps and bounds over what it used to be.   

Also, (with the exception of the the 2nd one) I've loved all of the Final Destination films.  Hell, the second one is even beginning to grow on me.  Sometimes I just like to have fun with my horror and they can gimmick it up all they want as long as it entertains me.  And these films do entertain me.

I will see Halloween 2 as well, just not on Friday.

Even though I probably won't care for either one I still really wanna see both lol

moviemaven wrote:

Yes, it is a gimmick, but it's a gimmick I adore.  I have been crazy about 3D since the days of Jaws 3 and F13 Part 3 as a kid.  And now the technology is leaps and bounds over what it used to be.

I get motion sickness from newer 3D, learned that watching Beowulf.

I don't disagree that for those of you who won't get motion sickness, it's more likely a very enjoyable gimmick, my point was that 3D doesn't make it a good movie, and all the interviews I've read with anyone involved in TFD has been about how cool the 3D is rather than trying to say whether the movie is any good.

Another problem is that the fact that it's in 3D raises the cost of your ticket, and the movie comes in at under 90 minutes, I believe.