Topic: Harper's Island Moved To Saturday Nights

The new horror TV series, "Harper's Island" was moved from its Thursday night slot to one on Saturday, with the first Saturday episode being tomorrow.

This sucks, because nobody watches TV on Saturday, and it's pretty much a tell-tale sign this one's gonna get cancelled. It seems as if every genre show nowadays doesn't make it past its first season. Even though it isn't that great of a show, it's good to have some horror on TV. Damn networks, it will probably get replaced with another celebrity dancing show.

Re: Harper's Island Moved To Saturday Nights

I was wondering why it wasn't on t.v. last night.

I am hooked on this show. Harpers Island to me is like crack to Whitney Houston.
If it gets canceled, Im forming an army of Harper Heads (yeah I made that up myself) and we'll show CBS some real horror!

That horror would basically be a bunch of geeks with signs and no lives picketing BUT DONT THINK WE WONT DO IT!!!

Last edited by Ron666 (2009-05-01 18:10:43)

I'm not too impressed with it right now actually...but damn...I missed it last night haha.

Ron666 wrote:

I am hooked on this show. Harpers Island to me is like crack to Whitney Houston.
If it gets canceled, Im forming an army of Harper Heads (yeah I made that up myself) and we'll show CBS some real horror!

That horror would basically be a bunch of geeks with signs and no lives picketing BUT DONT THINK WE WONT DO IT!!!

Same here, I'm hooked. One of the few t.v. shows that I can actually watch.

It's getting better. But two week hiatus uh? At least now they know that there's a killer on the loose..

I thought this was a series which could have carried on past a first season. But then I've read on the web recently that it is a one-off 13 episode season.

It's being shown soon in the UK, on I think FX. Not 100% sure.

Last edited by WaveCrest (2009-07-04 13:46:10)

My wife and I watched this and agreed that while entertaining, this could have EASILY been fit into 7 or 8 episodes instead of 13....Dragged like a sonofabitch at the end...

WaveCrest wrote:

I thought this was a series which could have carried on past a first season. But then I've read on the web recently that it is a one-off 13 episode season.

It's being shown soon in the UK, on I think FX. Not 100% sure.

Once you see the end, you'll see why there is no real way to continue the series.  Now another series in the same vein, however....

Now that the series is over, I agree they couldn't have really done a second season, but I read somewhere that if the series did well, they did have ideas for a second season.

After you get past the first few episodes where it's more soap opera than horror, I thought that the series was pretty f'ing awesome. And I really liked the end twist.

This is going to be shown soon on BBC3 in the UK - if anyone saw it all, can you say if it's worth watching?  Thanks smile

Im halfway through the dvds right now...slow start but it is picking up and getting better.

Thanks for that, I'll know not to give up if it's a bit slow to get going! smile

Same here Jackal, I plan to see it when it airs on BBC3, we'll have to compare notes smile but have to admit it looks interesting

I really recommend it BTK and Jackal. I agree with Bulin that it's pretty slow at first. For the first few episodes it feels more like a soap opera than a horror show, but when it picks up, it's really entertaining. If you like murder mysteries/slashers, then I think you'd like the show.

Harper's Island starts in the UK this Sunday night, on BBC3 at 9 pm with the first two episodes.

Thank you Wave smile already bookmarked for when it starts and equal thank you to you too YM, you have pretty damn good taste in movies etc, so I trust your opinion and this does sound like something I will get hooked into. Looking forward to this big_smile

If you miss the first screening of the first two episodes, they're repeated later on Sunday night on BBC3 and again next week (Thursday or Friday).

I'll be checking this out ..

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Thank you Wave smile already bookmarked for when it starts and equal thank you to you too YM, you have pretty damn good taste in movies etc, so I trust your opinion and this does sound like something I will get hooked into. Looking forward to this big_smile

Glad I could help BTK, and thanks for the "good taste in movies" compliment big_smile

I agree with MomAteDog & Bulin- slow start but really gets going 1/2 way through.  Gorier than expected for a broadcast show, also had some good tension.  It has some of the usual horror tropes of people splitting up and such (which made me bang my head against the wall), but overall I was fairly impressed.  There is some website associated with the show that gives you some more background info, which is sort of interesting.

i just saw trailer last night,  looks really good