Topic: The best movie I have seen in a long time.....

.....The Boy in The Striped Pyjamas.   Finally got it from Netflix and watched it.   Wow.  Loved it.  Cant really say much more but one of the best pure drama's I have seen in a long time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCucg0zyh3M[/youtube]

Re: The best movie I have seen in a long time.....

ive been meaning to see this one

I thought it was really good, to the point that I was sitting in stunned silence at the end of it.  It's very powerful, especially considering the book it's based on is meant for children.

jmh314 wrote:

.....The Boy in The Striped Pyjamas.   Finally got it from Netflix and watched it.   Wow.  Loved it.  Cant really say much more but one of the best pure drama's I have seen in a long time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCucg0zyh3M[/youtube]

Sounds like a gay movie lol.....jk.:lol::P

Love the non-hollywood tone/ending.  Not a film that was meant to have happy feeling but damn did it pack a bigger punch than I expected.

And Rip, I think you are the only person who would ever call a movie about the holocaust gay and get away with it.  lol

I've seen the trailer for this before, looks great.

Oh man I saw this at last year's Savannah Film Festival, man there was not one dry eye in the house at the end of the movie and everyone was dead silent for nearly a minute into the credits before a quiet, subdued applause.

Oscar worthy film imo.

i just saw the shawshank redemption and it rocked!

I heard about it. the writer got screwed. It was supposed to be a true story when they bought the rights but then it turns out the author lied. it was all ovr tv. Its because of that I never did go see it but if it is that good I may chack it out

Who Can Kill A Child? I don't watch too many new movies, but theres always old films that I haven't seen. This movie kicked my ass

I have to check it out now.

also Irreversible. That movie was so crazy, I had to watch something funny afterwards. That never happens

I finally sat down and watched The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas last night, and wow, what a great film.  I was hesitant to watch at first due to the sad nature of the subject matter, but once I started watching, I found myself drawn into Bruno's story and I couldn't switch it off.

I've been meaning to check this movie out, funnily enough it was seeing David Thewlis in the trailer that really drew my attention, as an actor I think he is one of the best/ severely underrated. But now this seems to have a seal of approval, I really have to get around to watching The Boy in Striped Pyjamas! smile

Ash's Missing Hand wrote:

i just saw the shawshank redemption and it rocked!

^^ and to Ash, I completely agree. It is my favourite movie of all time and never fails to grab me as it does. Glad to know someone else can now appreciate this fine film and imo, one of the better King adaptations smile

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-08-11 14:10:35)

^Definitely check it out BTK.  It really puts it in a different light when you think about how it must have been to be a child and live in that era.

hardly horror film..

more a disturbing look at how fucked up humans can be..

but germans speaking engwish just doesnt do it justice, you need the evil german language to go with it.

doubt ill watch this though... looks to emotional n shit.. id rather watch band of brothers

lakeview terrace

Check out "The girl next door" 2007.Staring Blythe Auffarth, Daniel Manche. Supposed to be a true story..it's really a fucked up movie

I haven't seen or heard anything about this film!!!!!!!!! What the heck!?

The Fog Of War  (documentary)

I've heard good things about it from random places and to hear about it here on a horror site tells me that I need to go see this movie, pronto.

Well this is listed in the mainstream movies section.  Definately nothing horror about it.

i saw it and it was not that great. i mean hell... germans with British accents? they could have at least tried to make it realistic