Topic: Richard Laymon question?

Have any of his books been made into movies?

Re: Richard Laymon question?

Nope, none of his books have been turned into movies.  I'm sure someone will get around to making them someday soon.  None of Jack Ketchum's books had been turned into a movie a couple of years ago and now it seems like half of his books have been made into a film.

edit: IMBD says the Traveling Vampire Show is in production to be released next year, but you never can tell if their info is correct.

Last edited by mdc666 (2009-08-31 14:19:01)

kewl!! Thanks mdc666!!!

Not that I am aware of. And to be fair it would need to be an ambitious director to make his novels good movies. I do not want someone like Zombie ever trying to turn a novel of his into a film. His books are insanely well.. insane lol, he had his own unique way with writing and I would love to see a movie made but the director would need to have some heart and understanding of what his novels are about.

Laymon's Beast House trilogy would be insanely awesome/ psychotic, if a movie was done! big_smile

Too right BTK!!! I am so hooked on Laymon, Could NEVER read a Stephen King novel without becoming bored now lol

mdc666 wrote:

Nope, none of his books have been turned into movies.  I'm sure someone will get around to making them someday soon.  None of Jack Ketchum's books had been turned into a movie a couple of years ago and now it seems like half of his books have been made into a film.

edit: IMBD says the Traveling Vampire Show is in production to be released next year, but you never can tell if their info is correct.

I hope that info is correct. I would love to see The Traveling Vampire Show be made into a movie.

My first experience of trying to read a Laymon book has not been great, after finding out that it couldn't swim!  I will get round to finishing it soon, I hope, and then I'll know if it's worth reading any more, or hoping for films to be made/not made.  smile

^^^^What book are you reading jackalqueen??

thedeadshallrule wrote:

^^^^What book are you reading jackalqueen??

I had started 'Midnight's Lair' but I'm having to read something else while that dries out. lol

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Not that I am aware of. And to be fair it would need to be an ambitious director to make his novels good movies. I do not want someone like Zombie ever trying to turn a novel of his into a film. His books are insanely well.. insane lol, he had his own unique way with writing and I would love to see a movie made but the director would need to have some heart and understanding of what his novels are about.

Laymon's Beast House trilogy would be insanely awesome/ psychotic, if a movie was done! big_smile

Yeah it sure would...I just hope they leave some of it out. I mean like the beasts raping women, i'm not sure my stomach could handle that on film lol

I think the Traveling Vampire Show is the most likely to be made into a movie.  Someone above commented this may be the case. It would fall right in with Twilight and the Vampires Assistant as one of those teenager based vampire movies that could earn the studio some money

I am new to this, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but Laymon's 'In The Dark' was made into a film.  It was never released to the public (I think!), but it was defo made as I managed to get a copy off ebay.x