Re: UFC 70: Nations Collide

Can't believe last night's UFC....what a letdown

I'll start with the most obvious...Cro Cop, my favorite fighter, destroyed by a fucking head kick...man I didn't see that one coming, although I told myself when Gonzaga took him down, it'd be the beginning of the end for Cro Cop....I just didn't see it like that.  What a fucking awful KO, good job Gonzaga, that guy has some serious skills and I really think he's got a great chance of being the HW champ.  Watch out Randy.

AA vs. Werdum was a pile of shit, no takedown...standup was bland, overall not a good fight...enough said

Bisping vs. Sinosic...I dislike Bisping...and I was really hoping that after the first round, Elvis would come back and beat him, and I thought he locked in the kimura/keylock whatever...too bad he didn't.  Bisping is a dangerous mother though, I think that he and Rampage would go good together.

And I'm fucking pissed that we didn't see the damn Machida/Heath fight...stupid.

I'm hoping now that Cro Cop will fight Cheick Kongo....that'd be an awesome fight I thing, because you know it's not gonna go to the ground.  I'm really at a low point right now...all the greats are getting their fucking asses beat.  MMA is so strange.

Last edited by DeathbyHighKick (2007-04-22 10:00:01)

the reason the greats are getting beat is all the leagues are solidfying. So all the Brazillian and small league fighters are now showing up on the scene and they are CRAZY good, just unknown on TV. great post, great recap of the night!

YES, Cro Cop got beat lol.......he wouldn't stand a chance against Randy Couture.

I didn't have a chance to watch it and forgot to Tivo, I was checking out the NBA playoffs and I went to movies after that, I am a fan of Bisping, I been to quite few of UFC's when they were just starting out, I am not a fan of all the new rules they have put in but I still follow it.

Here is that knockout by Gonzaga it sort of reminded me of the one Pete Williams did against Marc Coleman but that was a lot sweeter.
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/se … sripxvidaa

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-04-22 10:38:31)

Hey they are going to be showing the replay of UFC 70 tomorrow night if you missed it.

Well the next big fight isn't til May 26 which sux that it's a whole month from now with Liddell vs Jackson.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Hey they are going to be showing the replay of UFC 70 tomorrow night if you missed it.

Thanks a lot!

Appreciate the heads up bro, I am going to record it.

Does anyone know when Randy is fighting next and against who?

RIP wrote:

Does anyone know when Randy is fighting next and against who?

The Cro Cop/Gonzaga winner gets to challenge Randy for the title...no dates or rumors have been thrown around, but this will be a tough fight for Couture. 

All's I care about now is seeing Chuck get destroyed again by Rampage.

Nooooo Liddell will whoop his ass too.

RIP wrote:

you are so wrong my friend....you and I are betting on this one!

one fight..Chuck vs. Rampage, you can have Liddel and I've got Rampage.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RIP wrote:

Muwhahahahhaha....it's on buddy.....Liddell will win.....let's bet 1 dvd on it. The fight is not til May 26.

RIP wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RIP wrote:

Muwhahahahhaha....it's on buddy.....Liddell will win.....let's bet 1 dvd on it. The fight is not til May 26.

Alright...1 DVD. Deal.

Yeah the replay is on right now but the replay will come on again at 7 p.m. tomorrow night.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Yeah the replay is on right now but the replay will come on again at 7 p.m. tomorrow night.

What channel right now.....Spike?

Yeah. SpikeTV. Oh i guess the replay isn't on right now. The Godfather is on. So if you're going to watch the replay, you gotta wait until tomorrow night.

Shit I am getting bombed drunk now

RIP wrote:

Shit I am getting bombed drunk now

Have you been drunk all weekend?