Topic: 6 Horror Games You Must Buy!

There are alot of great horror games out there and some are better then others but for my part I wanted to share with you all 6 horror games that I think every horror loving fan absolutely MUST have in their collection. If you dont own one of these g...

Read More : 6 Horror Games You Must Buy!

Re: 6 Horror Games You Must Buy!

So you've been enjoying Dead Space?  I was wondering what you thought about it...very cool game

yeah fantastic game. The reviews on site got me to buy it. That and goon raved about it.

I own three out of the six that you listed: Fallout 3, Dead Rising and Resident Evil 5. I've beaten Dead Space and have played the demo for Bioshock. Never played Left 4 Dead simply because I'm the kind of guy who likes the single player experience which Left 4 Dead doesn't really give you.. At least in any way I would enjoy.

Good list. Although I might have replaced Left 4 Dead with FEAR 2.. But thats just me..

FEAR 2 is a good call as well. Left 4 dead i am like you and enjoy the single player experience which is why Left 4 dead is a big let down.

Meh wrote:

yeah fantastic game. The reviews on site got me to buy it. That and goon raved about it.

Although its nothing to rave about...you should look for the Dead Space animated feature...its kind of cool in the sense that it adds to the story by showing you how the ship got infected in the first place...its a little over an hour but worth watching once if your a fan of the game and are looking for some more backstory

Well if you're both fans of the single player set up... what about Silent Hill : Homecoming? I thought it lived up well to the rest of the franchise...as well as being a damn creepy game.

I've played them all except Bioschock. Really a great list.
But I think Silent Hill deserves to be in this list too.

I'm a HUGE fan of Resident Evil ..

I haven't played Resident Evil 5, but I've played Resident Evil 4 and beat it 8 times.:lol:

I would of taken off Fallout 3 for sure and possibly Dead Rising. 

If I were to add any horror game to the list, it would have to be a game that not as many people are familiar with.  If anyone out there own's a Wii, you better hunt this one down. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requim.  It's an old Gamecube game but seeing as Gamecube stuff works on Wii, it's a must own still if you can find a copy of it as well as have a gamecube controller and memord card(You can find generic controller and memory cards on ebay and amazon for pretty dirt cheap) .   

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requim is just completely rediculous and may be one of the most insane survival horror experiences ever.  Seriously, dont doubt me.

For those who have never even heard of it, check out reviews : http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor … aldarkness
(It's the 9th highest rated gamecube game of all time on metacritic)

MisterVertigo wrote:

I've played them all except Bioschock. Really a great list.
But I think Silent Hill deserves to be in this list too.

ive not played any of the silent hill games. Is there one for xbox360 and is it any good?

^Silent Hill Homecoming is for 360 but i havent heard many people who thought it was good.

thanks JMH

The Silent Hill series is EXCELLENT (in particular Silent Hill 2) and the Fatal Frame series as well. They may be a little older, but excellent games anyway.

Oh I forgot one....Manhunt. Might be more of a stealth game, but turn out the lights and crank the volume WAY up on this one. SPOOOOOOKYYYYYYYYYYYY

good posts Mr Germ Cleaner. I have not read any reviews on site for Manhunter but it does look like it had some potential

The first  Manhunt was good, the second one sucked balls.  I loves playing the original on the PS2 with my headset on because you could here the guy talking to your character in the headset only and the microphone triggered enemies to hear you.  My friends would always come in my dorm and yell shit and constantly got me noticed by enemies.  lol 

The Fatal Frame series is a good one, but I am disappointed that Tecmo decided to never release Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse in North America.  It's Wii exclusive and got good reviews after the Japanese release but then they scrapped the European and North American releases for some reason.   Too bad cause I would of bought that

I agree on Fallout 3 - great game. Played a bit of Bioshock, haven't got very far in it, seems ok. Played Resident Evil 2 and RE4 on the Gamecube, excellent games.

I would add:

The Darkness - the game engine was a bit wonky at times, but it was still lots of fun.

Loved all 6.
Dead Space most of all (Extraction in 20 days!!!)

I miss the original Alone in the Dark. They need to do another Lovecraftian horror game like Dark Corners of the Earth.

ClockworkHorror wrote:

Loved all 6.
Dead Space most of all (Extraction in 20 days!!!)

I'd be excited for Dead Space: Extraction if it wasnt an on-rail shooter.  Not a big fan of the genre since it is pretty limited gameplay wise.  I like the freedom an FPS gives by being able to wander and search more.

I just bought Resistance Fall of Man for ps3, I think it's horror, I'll let you know how it is and see if it's worthy

I still say any of our readers out there who have a Wii and complain of the lack of quality horror games, just go buy a gamecube controller and memory card and hunt down Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requim.  I  promise there are elements of that game that will completely fuck with your head

jmh314 wrote:

^Silent Hill Homecoming is for 360 but i havent heard many people who thought it was good.

Really ? I have it.. i thought it was great.. one of the few games ever to make me jump . A couple buddies have played it ... they all loved it.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

I just bought Resistance Fall of Man for ps3, I think it's horror, I'll let you know how it is and see if it's worthy

It's not bad.. kind of PS3's answer to Gears if you ask me ... but it's just not as good. Worth playing though.