Topic: Chucky The killer DVD Set

Looks kinda cool... whatcha all think? Worth the buy?
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6455.html

Re: Chucky The killer DVD Set

What is a sculptured package? Otherwise, it looks pretty cool to me. I still haven't seen Seed yet.

not really sure i couldnt tell from the image that universal sent me. My guess is its just sticks out a bit or something.

So where is the first film? Child's Play.. That is definetly the most "frightening" of all the films. The only one of any of the films that has some truly scary moments.. The rest are kind of used a joke.. Although I have to admit I liked part 2 the most.

I haven't watched any of the films in length.  Though I do remember one scene something about kids at a military camp and Chucky puts live rounds and grenades into their pouches or something.

Goon wrote:

So where is the first film? Child's Play.. That is definetly the most "frightening" of all the films. The only one of any of the films that has some truly scary moments.. The rest are kind of used a joke.. Although I have to admit I liked part 2 the most.

hmm good question. I am pretty damn sure i didnt fubar this news up in any way.

No fubar for you Meh, I just checked out Bloody-Disgusting...the first Child's Play is missing:

Yeah thats pretty ridiculous that the first Childs Play is missing.  It would be worth a buy if Childs Play was in it.  Those series humor me rather than scare me so I figure a few good comedies here and there are fine.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

I haven't watched any of the films in length.  Though I do remember one scene something about kids at a military camp and Chucky puts live rounds and grenades into their pouches or something.

Yea thats Childs Play 3.. I have actually seen this box set before but it didn't have Seed of Chucky in it. It was called "The Chucky Collection". So this is just sort of adding another sequel. That box set didn't have the first film either...

Which led me to believe that first film must be owned by another studio. So I did a little digging and discovered that this box set is being released by Universal and that the first films rights are owned by MGM.. That would explain the absence..

Now that I think of it, it's not that big of a deal.  I mean you can get Childs Play off Amazon for like 6 bux new.  It's just a bit of a hassle when you could have all the series at once.  Plus, I dont know about anybody else but I prefer the sets that come with like all the original cases and artwork for each individual film.

to me it seems quite odd that for some reason they would exclude the first one. Any theories?

The distribution rights for the original and the sequals are owned by two different companies. MGM owns the original and Universal the sequals.

Man that bites, if Uni was planning to do this they should have bought the rights to the original...or at least come to an agreement to pay MGM part of the money they make of the pack.

i love how i can always get the answer i need on these boards. That makes good sense. Greg I am gonna update my news item with your explanation. Thanks dude!

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6455.html

Dude Meh. did you totally skip over my post? I explained the whole deal.. Greg just shortened what I said into two sentences.. *Gives his best Rodney Dangerfield impression* I get no respect! big_smile

*gives Goon a lolli pop with Respect written on it*  Here you go.

Quit stealing my thunder Goon. It is clear that you read my post and somehow managed to go back in time and post it first.

Improper use of quantum physics are not allowed on these boards!

Now back to the Childs Play set...

Hey Meh I think I might have found out the information you are looking for.  The distribution rights for the original and sequals are both owned by seperate companies.  MGM owns the original Childs Play and Universal owns the sequels.  Hope that clears up the smoke a lil bit.

So whats everyone else talkin' about?

I don't really like any Chucky movies. How can a little doll be frightening? hmm
Stick it in the microwave and nuke it, or a 1000 other ways to do the little shit in.

The only part I thought was any good was up to the point where Brad Dourif's character stumbled into the store after getting shot and chanted those words. After that the movie went downhill. yikes
And the sequels I thought were sad excuses for horror movies. Just my opinion anyways.

Goon wrote:

Dude Meh. did you totally skip over my post? I explained the whole deal.. Greg just shortened what I said into two sentences.. *Gives his best Rodney Dangerfield impression* I get no respect! big_smile

haha i wont lie i never read all the posts, specially not when they start with Goon tongue That will teach you to think i can read.

Well as long as you read my posts, thats all that matters...

The first two chucky flicks where the best, As for the 3rd one thats when i thought the childs Play flicks where done for. Thankfully Tilly showed up to make parts 4 & 5 a little more interesting might i say smile

Don't think I will be getting this boxset. I saw Child's Play 3 yesterday on Showtime and it all came back to me how silly it was. I'm more of getting the first movie of every franchise (Halloween, Nightmare, Friday).

Yea when three came around that was the downfall.. Tilly helped provide some much needed eye candy and made the series worth watching again but it will never touch the first two again..

Just out of curiousity, does anyone else think that a killer "doll" is a bit degrading for the wonderfull genre of horror?