Topic: Millennium - Bringing back Frank Black

I hope this post will not be deleted as it is not spam. It is a genuine post.

I wanted to let everyone who regularly visits Horrormovies.ca (and it's forum) about a campaign to bring back Frank Black and Millennium (the TV series created by Chris Carter) which followed a FBI profiler called Frank Black who investigated crimes with the help of the Millennium Group. It ended in 1999 after three seasons but never got a proper closure.

On the website for the BacktoFrankBlack campaign you can listen to podcast interviews with cast and crew from Millennium, including Klea Scott, Jon Polito, Frank Spotnitz and the man himself Lance Henriksen.

After listening to the podcasts and reading interviews on the site, it will help the campaign a lot if you leave comments on the website's blog (that's the most important part of the campaign at the moment, leaving comments on the blog) and also on their Twitter page. You can also email feedback to the BacktoFrankBlack website as well.

The website address for BacktoFrankBlack is below:

http://backtofrankblack.com/

Re: Millennium - Bringing back Frank Black

A news update has been posted on BacktoFrankBlack's website. It's a step in the right direction. The URL link to BTFB's news page is below:

http://www.backtofrankblack.com/news.html

Cool.. i use to love Millenium..and i'd love to see the show brought back .. or a movie made .

I'd love it to be brought back too, Frank Black is the man! big_smile

OMG ! I  THIS SHOW IS THE BEST !!!!..  LOVE LOVE LOVE FRANK BLACK... !!!    I'm soooo writing a letter !

Ashamed to say I have never seen this hmm what is it? what's it about? who's in it? Sooo many questions, such a damn lack of knowledge lol

They will not bring back a show 10 years after it was canceled. At best you might get a movie of some sort. There simply is no way to get anyone but Lance back on this project. Sorry, but it really is a futile effort.

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Ashamed to say I have never seen this hmm what is it? what's it about? who's in it? Sooo many questions, such a damn lack of knowledge lol

I won't spoil it for you, but just try and keep the explanation short and simple:

Lance Henriksen stars as FBI criminal profiler Frank Black, who moves to Seattle with his family (wife Catherine and daughter Jordan). He works on cases involving serial killers with the FBI and the Millennium Group.

I don't want to say too much because it spoils the surprises in the show. It is a darker show than The X Files so bear that in mind. I thought the show was ahead of it's time.

quite possibly one of my favorite all time shows...   it IS vey much like X-files.. only darker...

http://www.boxedtvseries.com/catalog/images/millennium1-3.jpg

buy it

http://z.about.com/d/scifi/1/0/b/N/-/-/MILL_set.jpg

or you might want to try out a website like this :

http://tv.blinkx.com/show/millennium/Gi … lQnaL#s3e1

http://www.blinkx.com/video/millennium- … u7YvFFLScg

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2009-09-16 17:14:09)

MistressOf Horror wrote:

quite possibly one of my favorite all time shows...   it IS vey much like X-files.. only darker...

Of  the Season 1 episodes I have seen my favourites are:

"Pilot"
"Dead Letters"
"522666"
"Wide Open"
"Weeds"
"Maranatha"
"Paper Dove".

Last edited by WaveCrest (2009-09-16 17:24:37)

I agree, it is a great show. But it isn't coming back after 10 years. Twin Peak, Millennium, The Lone Gunman, Freaks & Geeks, Undeclared, Parker Lewis Can't Lose, Greg the Bunny... just aren't coming back. Sorry, time to watch something else. May I suggest "Fringe" ?

Doctor_Pepper wrote:

I agree, it is a great show. But it isn't coming back after 10 years. Twin Peak, Millennium, The Lone Gunman, Freaks & Geeks, Undeclared, Parker Lewis Can't Lose, Greg the Bunny... just aren't coming back. Sorry, time to watch something else. May I suggest "Fringe" ?

yeah doubtful that it would come back..but still  ....it WAS a good show

One of the most recent audio podcasts with Jim and Troy was with Lucy Butler herself Sarah-Jane Redmond.

The people running this campaign have Lance Henriksen and Frank Spotnitz and many of the cast & crew behind them.

The latest podcast, posted on BTFB's website earlier last week, was an interview Jim and Troy did with Chris Carter.

Coming soon is a charity auction with items donated from Lance Henriksen and MM cast and crew. More details to follow.

Curious if this is based on the 1989 movie of the same name?

It's a completely separate thing and has nothing to do with the Kris Kristofferson film.

Last edited by WaveCrest (2009-09-28 17:28:20)

Jim and Troy 's latest podcast, posted on BTFB's website on Monday, was with Megan Gallagher (Catherine Black).

Luminary Week, the week before the past week, ended with a special panel podcast about the Season 2 episode "Luminary". The discussion was in three parts with a special guest joining in during the first part.

The latest podcast this past week was another panel podcast, which was a general discussion about Millennium.

Coming soon on the BacktoFrankBlack website is The Curse of Frank Black Week, including an interview with the actor who played the storyteller.

Are we talking Frank black as in Black Francis of The Pixies?

Nope.

The past week has been devoted to the Season 2 Halloween episode "The Curse of Frank Black". In the next few days there will be an interview with actor Kett Turton, who played the Ghost Storyteller in "The Curse of Frank Black".

Coming soon is a charity auction. There are bits of info about it in the recent BTFB audio podcasts.

This past week Brett Hart (director of a film Lance made a few years ago called Bone Dry) made a special trailer for the BTFB campaign for The Curse of Frank Black Week.

Last edited by WaveCrest (2009-10-31 15:49:08)