Topic: MMA Fighting

A place where we can talk UFC, Pride, KOTC, wutever we want about MMA. The upcomming UFC 71 may be the best paperview since Liddell vs Ortiz 2. In 71 we got Rampage Jackson vs Chuck Liddell for the light-heavy weight championship. Also Karo Parysian (said to be the best Judo fighter in all of USA) is fighting Josh Burkman in the second main event. I am thinking Rampage is gonna take the Iceman's title, and obviously going for Karo against Josh. Wut do you think HighKick?

Re: MMA Fighting

Liddell will win!

liddell? the man is in trouble..i think this is the biggest fight liddell has had since he won the title.

RIP wrote:

Liddell will win!

Well MindFuk, me and RIP have a bet going on whose gonna win, I pick Rampage...he's got Chuck.  Rampage will OWN Chuck.

As far as Karo and Burkman...hard fight to call, Karo's got the judo and striking, not to mention the experience...but Burkman is an animal who can slam the shit outta people ala' Rampage.  I'm probably gonna go with Burk, I like him as a fighter and a person...Karo, I met when he fought at Miramar...was an asshole.

To be honest, this fight can go either way. Any of these fighters can win. The one who will win is the opponent will make a small mistake. That's how i look at it. But i can sure as hell tell you that this is going to be one hell of a fight.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

To be honest, this fight can go either way. Any of these fighters can win. The one who will win is the opponent will make a small mistake. That's how i look at it. But i can sure as hell tell you that this is going to be one hell of a fight.

Are you talking about Chuck and Rampage or Karo and Burkman?

Chuck VS Rampage

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Chuck VS Rampage

Okay...

But, Rampage is a fuckin' maniac, just watch the first fight...that guy can take shots, which he'll have to do in order to slam the shit outta Chuck..I predict a bad night for the Iceman.

Oh i know. Both fighters are good as hell and tough as nails. So i'm still saying that this is going to be one hell of a fight and going to go either way. We'll find out who has more of an edge.

Rampage has it all covered in my book...you know Chuck doesn't want to go to the ground like in their first fight...Chuck doesn't slam, he's not one dimensional...but his strongest sides tend to run over everything else than MMA offers.  Rampage uses everything, he's so explosive.  Chuck will move in for the kill if he smells blood, but that's when Rampage is his most dangerous.

yah Rampage has beat Chuck before, and knows how to push the offense to take out Chuck. Unless Chuck is able to poke Rampage in the eye like he did Tito, I dont see how he can come out with the win. Chuck has shitty cardio, he is gased by the later rounds. Rampage trains with Punishment Athletics, which mean Tito Ortiz. I think Rampage will knock out Chuck in the 2nd round standing up.

you met Karo! to me that would be an honour. I have so much respect for his Judo. I gotta believe if Karo fights the way he did against Diego, he will ruin Burksy.

MindFuk wrote:

you met Karo! to me that would be an honour. I have so much respect for his Judo. I gotta believe if Karo fights the way he did against Diego, he will ruin Burksy.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I have a picture of me and Joe Riggs, Karo's in the background.  The guys is a fuckin' dick though, If I had better skills and weighed some more...I'd probably TRY to fight him.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
MindFuk wrote:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I have a picture of me and Joe Riggs, Karo's in the background.  The guys is a fuckin' dick though, If I had better skills and weighed some more...I'd probably TRY to fight him.

Hey if you think about it, why is it that professional athletes are completes assholes. I mean you get a 50/50 chance of meeting one of them who actually aren't. I wonder why they act that way. Have you ever wondered about that?

Ok, the big fight is May???? what again. I was drunk this past weekend but i am sober during the week lol.

I will bet a dvd on the Liddell fight.

RIP wrote:

Ok, the big fight is May???? what again. I was drunk this past weekend but i am sober during the week lol.

you and I already have a bet going remember? I don't think you want to lose more that one buddy.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RIP wrote:

you and I already have a bet going remember? I don't think you want to lose more that one buddy.

Damn, I cleaned out my messages yesterday and forgot what we bet on. Now that I am sober and yes i am sober during the week folks........what did we bet on so I can write it down....or just PM me again lol.

RIP wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RIP wrote:

Damn, I cleaned out my messages yesterday and forgot what we bet on. Now that I am sober and yes i am sober during the week folks........what did we bet on so I can write it down....or just PM me again lol.

we're betting on the Liddel and Rampage fight...One DVD, you've got Chuck, I've got Rampage. 

And yes BlackDeath, I've wondered that...and I that I know why Karo's an asshole.  It's because he's Armenian and Armenians are very cocky, self sustained people...I remember going to BJJ competitions and seeing other Armenians mobs talking shit to the refs and trying to fight the people that beat their guys....just the way they are.

Chuck only has three losses and has com back and won against two of the fighters he lost to, I think Chuck really has a chance here against Rampage because he know what to expect and probably re-plays the first fight over and over seeing his mistakes. I have to go with Liddel on this one. The other fight I don't know, I am kind of new to UFC and I have never seen Karo or the other guy fight.

Hard2Kill wrote:

Chuck only has three losses and has com back and won against two of the fighters he lost to, I think Chuck really has a chance here against Rampage because he know what to expect and probably re-plays the first fight over and over seeing his mistakes. I have to go with Liddel on this one. The other fight I don't know, I am kind of new to UFC and I have never seen Karo or the other guy fight.

Of course Chuck stands a huge chance...but so does Rampage.  However, as far as Chuck knowing what to expect....that might be a little off, Rampage is so diverse, you never know what he's gonna do...the guy is unpredictable to the max.  As far as Karo and Burkman...just go to youtube or myspace and type in "Karo Pariysan or Josh Burkman"...something will come up and you'll be able to see some pretty decents fights.  Karo's sick in Judo, the guy can toss and strike, one of the best welterweights in the world...and Burkman's a rising star, slams the shit outta people.  I think that their fight has the potential of being one of the best of the night.

Boys, Kamloops is hosting a Brazilian Jui Jitsu seminar, and I am not gonna be here for it. Makes me so mad. I have to go to Victoria this weekend, which kinda sucks because this seminar is like huge. I'm sure there will be other opportunites though. I am joining Kamloops competative team begining of May though. Fuk highkick, I love Riggsy too, best heavy-hands I know of.

MindFuk wrote:

Boys, Kamloops is hosting a Brazilian Jui Jitsu seminar, and I am not gonna be here for it. Makes me so mad. I have to go to Victoria this weekend, which kinda sucks because this seminar is like huge. I'm sure there will be other opportunites though. I am joining Kamloops competative team begining of May though. Fuk highkick, I love Riggsy too, best heavy-hands I know of.

Riggs is the man, just a run of bad luck and stupid ass trainers that abandon him.  He'll probably do a few fights in WEC before coming back...and I can't wait to see him again.  Did you know that Diego popped on a piss test after his fight with Riggs, apparently the moron smoked some weed after the fight.

hahaha believable..so i just jioned Vianis leadership and competative team..so i have a chance to represent Kamloops for BJJ at 155 the end of May..kinda stoked..one problem..i weighed in at 150 the other day..and i thought i had to sweat 10..not put on 5..i have problems with weight gain..suggestions??

UFC 72, added Scott "Hands of Steel" Smith vs Ed "Short Fuse" Herman..should be so awsome..kinda hope Herman takes this one.

MindFuk wrote:

UFC 72, added Scott "Hands of Steel" Smith vs Ed "Short Fuse" Herman..should be so awsome..kinda hope Herman takes this one.

Cool, what's Herman's record now?