Re: Masters of Horror!!

I dont even remember hearing or seeing that free trial deal.  Yeah, I to am anxious for Pro Life so my fingers are crossed.

Thats to bad you guys don't have Showtime. Here in Canada it airs on Scream  not long after it airs on Showtime. I'll be recording those episodes too.

I know...its sad.  I also want Monsters HD but...sadly no sad

Can't you purchase that channel from cable or satellite? Which ever you have.

I think Monsters HD is a satelitte only channel.. Even if it was cable you could only purchase it if you local cable provider carried it.. Which mine never would..

I have Adelphia Digital Cable.  Dunno if i could buy Monsters HD and just don't have the money for Showtime and the only reason I would want it is for Masters of Horror.  I would love to see them on Tv....but it would probably be cheaper to wait for the DVDs.

Yeah, overall it would be cheaper to see them on dvd or on netflix.  Plus, I still have to catch up on season 1.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-07 22:42:16)

I just need to see, Dance of the Dead, Haekel's Tale, Imprint, Fair Haired Child.

I just wactched Imprint *shakes*  Miike definatly has a brilliant mind at crafting subtle images with brutally disturbing images.

I will hopefully start on a review tonight...and I intend to try and finish it tonight if nothing comes up like my bro needign the comp.

How'd you get your hands on that one???  Yeah man, I'm definentally looking forward to your review.  I literally cant wait to see this one.

*just smiles at TiM*  I got my contacts.

If you are patient I'll post up tonight where I got a chance to see it. Plus...I just get the joy of lettting ya roast tongue

There is a review over at Dread Central for the film itself and for the DVD and I can agree with some parts of it and others I do not for the movie.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-09-09 09:54:02)

Did you get Imprint on ebay golden?
I got one on ebay and still waiting to get it. I understand that the U.S. version that will come out is cut. So I got a Region 0 PAL DVD Uncut. Whats cut on it, I have no idea.
Whats the runtime of your version?

I ain't saying anything till tonight Demon.  Btw, where did you hear the US DVD was editied?

I forget where I heard about it. Maybe it's BS about it being cut, I don't know.

Yeah I think it is.  Mick Garris has mentioned several times that the DVD will be uncut.  Plus...there is no fear of 'the phantom kid' on the DVD...unless the parents are completely stupid or complete horror hounds.

Alright, I will live up to what I said.  My review for Imprint:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/reviews.php?id=1838

Now...how an American came to see Imprint WITHOUT buying a DVD from another country is so simple.  Its the most simple of all answers.

Youtube

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmerjYfF … mp;search=

IMPRINT is broken up into seven 8-10 minute segments.  So what I suggest is that if you have a fast computer, load them all in seperate windows...pausing the videos of course so they won't play and let them load.  Give a few minutes for the first to load fullly and the second to also.  This way you can go from clip 1 right into clip 2 without really any trouble or wait.

Also (people in the UK can correct me) this person taped it from the Bravo channel and I think it was aired with commericals so there are fade outs that last for only a second.  Otherwise....enjoy Imprint everyone.

Btw, non of the other MASTERS episodes are there spare for trailers.  I already checked after stumbling upon Imprint.

Anyone suspect I saw it on Youtube?

No I never thought of youtube at all. good one.

But to tell you the truth I won't read your review till after I see it, in case theres any spoilers there. But I will read it soon smile

BTW is there a way to save movies from youtube onto your pc?

That thought had never occured to me.  I actually saw the extremely awful "House of Wax" remake on youtube only to be severely let down.  I am opening up youtube as I am posting this.  I, like Demon, am not going to read your review til' after I see the masters of horror episode I have been waiting for.

I recently watched Sick Girl by Lucky Mckee and absolutely loved it.  It's now my favorite MoH episode.  I really enjoyed May, so I had high hopes for this one and I was not let down at all.  Angela Bettis truly portrayed a very strange and bizzare character and is a fantastic actress overall.  Coming from May, you could tell that she used May to represent Ida in a way which definentally worked.  Some of the bug scenes made me flinch, which doesnt happen to me a lot.  It could also be that I dont like bugs.  The main bug at the end looked fantastic and pretty down right scary.  I laughed at points and shivered at others.  A truly great episode and I think thats one of the only's so far thats worth a buy IMO.

In the featurettes it showed some pictures from the first MoH luncheon.  It showed directors like Eli Roth and Rob Zombie sitting at the table.  It got me excited in that I want to see them both do episodes, but doesnt sound like there gonna be in season two.  I wonder why not?  Also, does anybody know the reason why Romero couldnt do an episode?  Mick Garris mentioned that and it was a let down cause' that man truly is a master if not "the" master.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-09 20:40:44)

Okay...there might be some things in the review that might raise quiestions inside your head that may lead to a spoiler. 

I really liked Sick Girl, I have not seen May yet though. 

I know that Zombie's tour overlapped the production times and Roth is busy with other stuff like del Toro is.  But, maybe with a season 3 they can do one. 

Romero...I have no idea.  I think he has been trying to get some projects underway but I am not sure.  I really hope he gets to do one in Season 3.

I just finished watching Imprint on youtube.  I can see why they banned it.  I thought it was great.  Miike really isnt a coward when it comes to graphic imagry and I admire him for that.  He went balls out and showed us something we wont forget.  The torture scene was just revolting and fantastic at the same time.  The fetus scenes definentally sent chills down my spine.  You dont see the kind of stuff you see in Imprint everyday.  That was truly horrific and hard on the eyes.  Everyone must go to youtube and see this one immediently.  It'll stay with ya.

Thanks for the info golden.  Damn, I really wish Roth and Zombie could do an episode.  I would be so psyched if that were to come true.  Yeah, I really hope Romero does an episode in season 3.  He'll blow us away.  Now, I'm off to read your review.  Tiddlydoo.

Amen TiM amen. 

No worries man.

Just read your review.  Excellent job.  It looks like you put some serious time into your reviews which is the reason I enjoy reading them so much.  Great job and keep em' coming.

Thanks, thankfully with Imprint on Youtube I could reference parts of the film easier.    I took a film anyalsis class in 11th grade, sadly we didn't watch any horror films sad

But we were suppose to keep a book of movies we had reviewed, i think about 1 or 2 a week.  And she always told us not to review them like books and I got better along the way.  Its also cause she stopped movies every five minutes to discuss shots, composition and so that helped....still took us 2 weeks to get us through Lawrence of Arabia.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-09-09 23:50:34)

Yea props golden for the hook up.. I can see why Imprint was banned as well.. Its just really brutal.. I mean its not over the top everything is so deadpan and real.. Well til around the end. I was squirming during the torture scene and I havent' done that in a long time. It just hit some sensitive spots man. Really good probably my new favorite episode of MOH..