Topic: New Trick R Treat DVD Trailer

I meant to post this last night but whoops.... forgot. Tks to Ankman for emailing in and pointing out I had not posted it. Below you can checkout the new trailer for Trick R Treat which is one of the most anticipated dvd releases of the year. The stu...

Read More : New Trick R Treat DVD Trailer

Re: New Trick R Treat DVD Trailer

I am so pumped up for this film...I've been waiting for years...literally!

This movie is a whole lot of fun and is very well done, I can't wait to get it on Blue Ray.

The sooner, the better big_smile

Captainhoodoo wrote:

This movie is a whole lot of fun and is very well done, I can't wait to get it on Blue Ray.

Have you seen it already?  Seems that way...write a review!!!

I saw it at the After Dark Festival in Toronto, also a Rue Morgue Cinemacabre presentation with the director in attendance.  Sometimes finding the time to write a review is the hardest part, but if I can spare an hour this weekend I will.

Captainhoodoo wrote:

I saw it at the After Dark Festival in Toronto, also a Rue Morgue Cinemacabre presentation with the director in attendance.  Sometimes finding the time to write a review is the hardest part, but if I can spare an hour this weekend I will.

But regardless the film is badass and we are all going to love it yes?

That looks amazing. Warner Bros. really dropped the ball by not releasing this in theatres. With that preview, it would have opened huge!

I suffered through most of this movie in terrible heat, because of a storm that knock out some power and they could only run the projector and not the air conditioning, but never once did I want to leave the theater.  Trick r Treat is great fun, with a lot of different story lines to satisfy various genre tastes.  It was a very creative swing at something that was not a sequel or remake, and the mood of film was a nostalgic homage to my childhood Halloween memories.  I am definitely a fan of this movie, however the story behind why it took so long to release the movie is very uneventful, and comparable to cutting through typical bureaucratic red tape, or the director simply didn't want to make a comment that would burn some bridges.

In short it's wicked badass

Last edited by Captainhoodoo (2009-09-10 10:06:48)

This movie looks so good.  I cannot wait for it to be released on DVD shortly.

Its still a month away and I want to see this film so badly!!!

Love it.

This movie is great and I've had it on Pre-Order since Amazon put it up. Definitely a film you can watch more than once.

Oh man, I have been wanting to see this one for so long.  I'm going to pre-order from Amazon too.  Really wanted to see it on the big screen but my dvd player will do. smile

man this been in the works for so long. i seen cast n clips at a fangoria convention like 6 months ago. just hope it lives up to the hype after all this time,

Oh yeah - it's that good.

I saw it at Fantasia and it was a blast. Don't know why it was *classified* as anthology, tho. That might be why it didn't play theatrically, but it doesn't *play* like an anthology - which is good.

Make sure when you watch it you have a couple beers and a girl (or guy) with you. You'll wanna laugh, and scream, and fuck afterwards.

I also saw it at Fantasia.  It's a lot of fun, and the stories intertwine nicely - more like GO than Pulp Fiction, though.  The preview makes it look better than it really is, though.  In my eyes, at least.  It's just not scary enough and it tries too hard to be humorous.  it succeeds in that regard, but it makes it less scary...and isn't that what we want from a "horror" film...Scary?  Plus there's the one glaring error I've already mentioned elsewhere in the forums (look for it in the Dylan Baker segment).  Still a lot of fun, though.  It really is a shame it wasn't released in theatres around Halloween...it would have easily made double its budget, and more, and still have a built-in audience for its DVD release.  I know I'll probably pick it up when it's released, even though my overall rating is a 5 or 6 on 10.  I didn't even bother to write a review for it in my Fantasia coverage this year.

Last edited by jay_wigger (2009-09-21 20:24:38)

One Bad Seed wrote:

Oh yeah - it's that good.

I saw it at Fantasia and it was a blast. Don't know why it was *classified* as anthology, tho. That might be why it didn't play theatrically, but it doesn't *play* like an anthology - which is good.

Make sure when you watch it you have a couple beers and a girl (or guy) with you. You'll wanna laugh, and scream, and fuck afterwards.

What?  Now I gotta find a girl?!  I guess I'll be watching this movie when there's a blizzard in hell.

Shame that, I was really looking forward to it.  big_smile