Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I just watched Masters of Horror Deer Woman by John Landis.  I really liked it.  I wouldnt call it horror, more a comedy than anything...but it still made me laugh and overall it was really good.

Oasis of the Zombies and Underworld Evolution

Hellbound: Hellraiser 2

I know a lot of people who would go to the lengths of calling it better than the original.  I personally dont understand where they get that assumption.

I don't think it's better, but they both go together perfectly

American Psycho.. This movie is really odd.. I consider myself a pretty smart guy but this movie defeintly goes over my head.. In the beginning I thought I knew what Patrick Bateman was but than it goes into this whole different area. I think its one of those movies that requires several viewings for everything to sink in.

I've seen it before but when I watched it than I was just watching for the kills and all that, not for the true message of the film. I suggest giving it another spin. It's really an interesting study on 80's materialism..

I liked American Psycho.  It had a decent story line and had its gory moments.  I also felt that Christian Bale delivered a very realistic and solid performance.  The movie is definentally worth a viewing.  However, I would suggest you read the book first.  I would say its better.

Speaking of American Psycho.  At my local rental store they are selling it with a copy of Jacobs Ladder for $10.  Both are excellent films.  I might have to pick them up.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-03 23:32:16)

I just watched; Nightmare (In a Damaged Brain)
Not to bad for a low budget 1981 psychopathic killer movie. It's better than some I have seen. It's on a DVD-R that I bought.

Lets see I just watched Satan's Playground and The Room.. You can check out my review for Satans Playground below.. Soon I'll be reviewing The Room as well..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_1716.htm

I have the two disc special edition of Day of the Dead, so I decided to watch the bonus disc and see the "Many Days of the Dead" Documentary.  It was fascinating just like the one for Dawn.  It's wierd how many people dont like Tom Savini, because he seems like a nice guy in the video.  I havent met him though...

I have watched Peter Jackson's Dead-Alive (Braindead) for the first time. So many people were mentioning this movie in this forum, so I wanted to check it out. It is a Zombie movie with lot of crazy special effects only Peter Jackson can think of. He made this movie with a very low budget it seems. It is a good horror-comedy with lot of blood and gore. And ofcourse some scenes not easy to watch. I liked the movie.

Can't forget some gems like the nurse's head falling back everytime. Kung-fu fighting priest! Priest and Nurse having sex after they become zombies, it is a riot.

house of wax i bloodly loved it
final destination 3 i  i word wow! it was great, seen 50 times by now
howling: very good movie
nightmare of elm street 5 : okay, but fell a sleep

I just watched the MoH episode Sick Girl by Lucky Mckee (what a tight name)  It's my favorite MoH episode so far.

Just watched Wes Craven New Nightmare.. My brother is getting into this Nightmare on Elm Street kick and is watching all of them from 1 to of course New.. better than I remembered but nowhere near high enough body count..

i just wacthed Silence of the lambs right now, i  not sure if this count as a horror, any way i thougth it was really good movies,

i have not seen Hannibal is it the same or even better?

Last edited by BASSI (2006-09-10 10:54:47)

Last one I watched was last night.  Takashi Miike's MoH Imprint.  Great episode.  Disturbing and totally balls out...I loved it.

goldensimatar just reviewed it on site, you should to tim. Sounds like its one bad ass episode.

In order for me review it I'd have to watch it a few more times.  Plus, golden's fantastic review basically said it all.

I just watched "Demons" last night for the first time.  I bought it on laserdisc for $3 but never even realized until recently that Dario Argento was one of the writers.  The first half of it was ok, but was nothing I hadn't seen before.  Once the disc got flipped, though (laserdiscs...the wave of the future!!!), the movie got going and actually got pretty good.  The final scenes of city domination were completely unexpected, so I was happy.

I finally get to watch Cannibal Holocaust and I can really see why the movie was banned in so many countries. Shudders.

Last edited by ShahRuFio (2006-09-11 18:50:16)

Ya Cannibal Holocaust has some gruesome moments eh?

Yeah it does.  It's one of my all time favorite films because of that.  It's balls to the walls gore.  Ruggero Deodato created one of the most disturbing films I have ever seen.  And for that, I praise him.

Lets see recently I've seen Takashi Miikes Imprint and Deliverance.. Not really a horror movie but it is a survival film. It reminded me a lot of Just Before Dawn only without the gore..

Deliverance is an excellent film.  Scared the crap out of me when I was younger.

Deliverance is one of the few dozen laserdiscs I won't part with in my big sell-off.  Good call.

Just saw Wicker Man, which was pretty bad, The Jacket, which was better than I had heard, and last night I watched House of the Dead 2, which was also bad, but not nearly as horrible as I anticipated.