Topic: The Asylum Distributes 100 Feet

Eric Red is a guy with a lot of talent who unfortunately doesn't have many credits to his name.  Most notably, he penned the 1986 chiller The Hitcher and 1987's Near Dark as well as wrote and directed Bad Moon, one of the better werewolf movies ...

Read More : The Asylum Distributes 100 Feet

Re: The Asylum Distributes 100 Feet

i'd never heard of this film but in my recent spree of buying dvd's i bought this as an ex rental from blockbuster but out of the 25 films i bought i have this to watch last so will be a while before i see it. looks promising though especially with Famke Jansen tongue

I have it in my collection too.

I went looking for my review of it on my MySpace blog and, on May 15th, I thought the following:

"....it was a ghost story with good characterisation, a lot of dramatic padding, some ridiculous police procedure and some CGI ghostiness. There was a really good and gory scene three-quarters of the way through but my overall feeling was that it was just average in every other way.

Yeah, nothing too special here. Famke looked really tired and I didn't really warm to her character. It wasn't a horrible movie by any means but I didn't notice anything particularly scary. It was better than I thought it would be though."

I might have to write a full review of it one day...

I saw this movie about a month ago and I thought it was a pretty good ghost story.

never heard of it

I've heard of this... but prior to now the title put me off. Just decided to check out some more on this film and I'm torn. Is it a rent or buy? I like Famke, she has a certain class to her acting and a lot of people seemed to love this film (except for the last 10 minutes for some reason) so I'm not sure what to think of it. I think I might give this a rent & watch at least to see what it's like....

smile

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

I've heard of this... but prior to now the title put me off.

It's all to do with the distance she can move under house arrest with her ankle bracelet thingy on. And the sad thing is that it didn't even dawn on me until half way through the film.

Yeah, rent it. The gory bit really makes it worth watching.

Wow, hopefully it's better than other Asylum titles.

I really liked it. !  I wrote a review of it. I own it and I've watched it a few times. It was a different concept.

I like Famke, and I like "Near Dark".  As soon as I saw "yeah, that Asylum" I gave up.  But if some of you folks like it, I'll give it a shot.  Would be a first for Asylum to put out something good.

azathoth wrote:

I like Famke, and I like "Near Dark".  As soon as I saw "yeah, that Asylum" I gave up.  But if some of you folks like it, I'll give it a shot.  Would be a first for Asylum to put out something good.

Near Dark is one of my favorite Vampire films

yourmotheratemydog715 wrote:

They didn't produce it, its one of their few acquired indie titles for distribution.  They used to distribute indie films till they moved into making their own movies.

^^ Yeah i was surprised when i saw that it was being released by Asylum .. didn't look like one of their typical movies by any means.. Not bad at all . Makes sense that someone else made it ..lol

100 feet was a pretty good movie.

thegoldensimatar wrote:
yourmotheratemydog715 wrote:

They didn't produce it, its one of their few acquired indie titles for distribution.  They used to distribute indie films till they moved into making their own movies.

They should stick with distribution.

cool wink

The movies myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/100feetmovie

My father usually gets a bunch of bootlegs, though he brought one up for us to see and it was 100 Feet. I thought it was absolutely fantastic. I thought it was a perfect combination of creepy,  brutal, hauuting and horror all rolled into one...especailly the scene where Famke's boy toy gets a thrashing good beating...wow..what a scene that was. It was so brutal it even had me cringe and I can watch just about anything. I will DEFINITELY see this again...it was like a little gem in the rough that I never heard of before...but glad I found it and saw it lol

Last edited by joe91074 (2009-09-23 20:44:39)

I watched this a while ago and I did enjoy it smile
I loved the movie. Was it anything special? Not really but Janssen kept the movie going, I liked the centre storyline about her love affair with the kid who helps her and what becomes of him. I admit the ending let it down, it was rather a bad ending to a good film but yes I would recommend watching this big_smile