Topic: Grind House:Tarantino and Rodriguez

wrote:

No official plot yet, but it will contain two unique hour-long stories from each director. Robert's will be a zombie segment called "Planet Terror," which is said to be a zombie homage that concerns a sheriffs' department dealing with an outbreak of infected lunatics called "sickos". Tarantino's will be a slasher called "Death Proof," which is reportedly about a psycho who stalks and kills beautiful women with his car.

This should be a good double feature cool

Re: Grind House:Tarantino and Rodriguez

Yea I'm anxiously awaiting this release. I mean how can you go wrong with Rodriguez and Tarantino? I am a little concerned that they might not be able to crossover into horror but that fear is pretty minimal..

Check out the news about the possibility of a sequel..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6060.html

Absolutely golen combination, but with Tarantino's relaxed idea of filming and time...and Rodriguez being so quick on the draw whilst making movies, not sure whether to be happy about it yet.

It's practically a dream partnership though so, I can't see it being wrong anyway. Top stuff.

Hey guys, HUGE news on this movie.. It appears that two VERY popular directors will putting their own little stamp on this film as well.. Check it out..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6067.html

I am sooo looking forward to this, it will kick ass. I'm just glad there both doing a horror film, i wonder what the tarantino fans that hate horror films will think?, haha

I cannot wait for Grindhouse.  I love Tarantino and Rodriguez and them working together is amazing.  Sin City was brilliant and I am sure this will do great as well.  Plus, it has Mickey Rourke, who has to be one of my personal heros lol.

I can't wait to see this flick personally.. I hope this does really well so that maybe in the future there might be more films like this. I really want to see what kind of trailer Eli Roth will put together as well...

What segment are you looking forward to more?

I have to say Rodriguez's 'Planet Doom' as I am always a sucker for a zombie movie though Tarantino's 'Death Proof' also sounds pretty cool.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6473.html

though i do admit i got angry when i saw the video and the newscaster mentioned 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning' as a prequel to the ORIGINAL film and not a prequel to the remake.  mad

I'm looking for to both equally.  I think Planet Terror and Death Proof are both gonna kick some serious ass.  I cant wait.

Well thats just dandy.  Two of my favorite films, The Thing and TCM '74, are both getting the prequel treatment.  How much more shit can you cram onto the orginal cult classic, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?  I mean a horrible remake and now a prequel.  Now there probrably gonna add on a sequel and a prequel to the dreaded remake.  Sad day in horrorville...

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-10 10:56:21)

What is this "Planet Doom" you speak of? Heh just playing guys its Planet Terror.. I'm actually looking forward to Death Proof more.. I mean Tarantino directing a horror film? Come on! This is like a dream come true for someone like me. Kind of like Smith stepping up to do horror.

I'm beginning to think that Eli Roth is gonna play the crazy guy that he played in Cabin Fever and 2001 Maniacs.. At least I hope thats who he portrays in the film.. That would be so funny..

I'm excited to see the mid-movie trailers, too.  They've said that they're making trailers for fake movies to squeeze between the 2 to make it more like a drive-in movie.  This whole idea really kicks ass, and those are probably the only 2 director's who would take it seriously enough and do it right.

I heard that Eli Roth was directing one called 'Cowgirls in Sweden' or something like that.

There is suppose to be a blaxplotation, sexplotation, and a few others.

Nice smile  This should be great.  And the DVD release afterwards could be equally as exciting if they don't release it bare-boned like Tarantino did with Kill Bill.

Haha I think I was just talking with Meh about how Eli Roth was funny as hell as "Grim" in Cabin Fever and 2001 Maniacs.  That would be freakin' cool as hell if this is true.  I'm very excited for both, but like a lot of other people I'm a sucker for a good zombie film.