Topic: Bad Lieutenant

So a few buddies and I watched Bad Lieutenant tonight. I had seen BL many of times and love the film. I can even remember the version with the ScoolyD song playing in the film with the Zeppelin sample. But I digress; my buddies hated the film. I have never met anybody who didn't like the film. They thought it was going two be some fucking action film, which I said it wasn't. But I described it as Taxi Driver of the 90's which they seen no similarity whatsoever. I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that didn't like the film... or who loves the film. Let's talk about it here. I think it's one of the best films of the 90's.

Re: Bad Lieutenant

I just happen to be writing about Bad Lieutenant LOL
A very thought provoking movie on several levels and an amazing performance by Keitel -
I agree it has to be one of the best films of the 90's and I think Ferrara's possible high mark as a director.
(read: I digs it big_smile )
I think the movie shares a similar atmosphere as Taxi Driver, but there's some pretty heavy religious meditations going on in BL that gives it its own impetus, if you will.
(read: some smart sounding conversational bullshittery lol )

I agree it has its own elements that take it to its own level. I personally feel Ferrara's best work came with King of New York; but BL is a very close second. I’m a filmmaker and hang out with a lot of film people and I always have had nothing but amazing things to say about the film and only ever heard great things about the film so it came as a shock to hear the dislike from some friends of mine. I think this and Combat Shock are unjustly seen by regular people as action films when they are so much more.

and on a side note I had a BL T-shirt years ago which I wore to rags - boldly emblazoned on the back was the tagline:
Gambler
Thief
Junkie
Killer
(pause for effect)
Cop

cool

Fuck that would be an awesome shirt!

One helluva of diturbing rollercoaster ride of movie,Harvey Keitel's best and most savage work on film.Absolutely brillant and chilling.

Haven't gotten to see this! I really need to.

I saw the one with Nicolas Cage though. And I didn't think that was bad at all.

Wow, I just watched this on Friday night.  I just got the urge to see it from nowhere.  Dun, dun, dun.  LOL 

I like it a lot.  I think it's one of Keitel's best performances even if you do get smacked with the full frontal.  LMAO

Full frontal eh? I better chase up this movie then!!! lol Lol never seen it, will keep an eye out.

Lilith wrote:

Full frontal eh? I better chase up this movie then!!! lol Lol never seen it, will keep an eye out.

Oh you dirty minded woman:/:lol::P