Re: BEST PLACE TO BUY DVDs?

i check out all those places mentioned, plus look out for video stores closing to clean up on deals.

suncoast is a great place for hard to find movies, they will also special order for you

i used to go to suncoast, but the closest one to me closed down awhile ago.

dvdempire.com is my favorite. Gotten most of my asian flicks through them, and my quanity movies (the kind where you get 50 horror movie packages), and my disney collection also.

Nellie

I ususally get mine at blockbuster, sometimes i find hard to find indie films for cheap, like 6 bucks... otherwise than that online shops are the only places that sell good horror movies out here. lol

I get most of my stuff from Amazon, ioffer.com, deepdiscount and various DVD-R shops.

Coverted Amazon gal big_smile and since for me some of the DVDs are dirt cheap (brand new) no contest. A while ago I managed to get John Carpenter's Ghost of Mars for £5, free shipping. That really made me happy,

so yep, Amazon.

Flea market is a great place to shop.  Also garage sales sometimes can produce some hidden gems.

I'll have to try Amazon. Everybody seems to love it so much.

The place I've gotten some of my best DVD's are at certaint malls and Best Buy. Walmart has the five dollar section, and a lot of times, there are some great movies in their, of course the DVDs might not be great. But that I don't really care about. As long as I get the movie I'm fine. big_smile

Check out your local used book stores.

http://www.cex.co.uk/
http://www.cex.co.uk/products/dvd/dvd/d … ext=Horror
it great place to buy dvd if you are in the UK
it buy movie from  i picked Popcorn for 75p yikes

survivalist wrote:

i used to go to suncoast, but the closest one to me closed down awhile ago.

Suncoast in my area closed down as well.

I like DVD planet

We used to had a crap store. The dvds were 3-4$ (used). Now we HMV and Wal-Mart. Pretty expensive, but we have to deal with it.

I'd say Amazon or the used section at Blockbusters but recently i have got some real bargains on ebay.:)

WEB PAGE DESIGN
Deepdiscount’s webpage layout is straight forward and well designed. In fact, I prefer it to Amazon’s. There are tabs to quickly navigate to specific types of items and a search bar for quickly finding items by title/name. You may also find titles by actor or director just in case you are searching for a foreign flick without the ability to type in other languages such as Chinese/ Japanese/Korean.
Before you start shopping with Deepdiscount, you can create a user profile. You may do this whether you actually plan to spend money or not, which is good because you may list items that you are still on the fence about buying.   You’re new account requires your email address and your created password to access.   Your account can hold a “wish list�  of items you plan on buying indefinitely. My wish list has lasted over 3 years  and every now and then, I go to it to add to it or to purchase items.
When I first started shopping on Deepdiscount.com years ago, their web page was much simpler and was just a DVD, CD order page. Now, they’ve expanded to offer cellular phones,  books, storage cabinets,  video games,  magazines and posters.
Your account information including credit card ordering info, address and personal data are claimed to be sent using secure encryption. This site works along with TRUSTWAVE and MRC in fact.  My only problem is that some of the advertisements – especially those that come up after a purchase, resemble those same pop up ads that appear in my Email claiming I’ve won an iPod, PSP or whatever the reigning pop culture toy is at that particular time.
I ignore the ads and keep on moving, but, many of the ads offer coupons for shopping on the site which can be taken advantage of if you order specific amounts of items. I’ve never used them because I don’t personally trust them yet. Deepdiscount should clean this up to make it more appealing.
Coupons have, however, come with some of my orders and by entering their code I have gotten some savings over my 3 years of shopping.
I also like the fact that in your Wishlist, underneath the title of your saved item, you can see the immediate status of the item: in stock, out of stock, discontinued, etc.

SAVINGS
For Video Games in particular, savings on Deepdiscount tend to be weak:  $1 or so for the newest games.  And rightfully so – new video games are sold at a consistent price regardless what store you go to. Older games have higher discounts, but, they tend to follow the same price strategy as most other stores besides auctions on Ebay.
Where Deepdiscount has shined for me is in my ordering of older movies and hard to find DVD’s.
Classic movies from my childhood such as Rainbow Bright and the Star Steeler,  Space Camp,  the Last Dragon, and other 1980’s films – as well as Hentai/ Anime collections such as La Blue Girl,  Adventure Kid and Legend of the overfiend…which can be impossible to find in regular stores – and very expensive in comic book stores, are here and are very inexpensive.
Exosquad for example costs $12.35 (regularly $17)
Teknoman is $13.60  (regularly $19.99)
The entire Star Trek: The Next Generation set is $336 (regularly $450)
Old Sci-Fi flicks such as Capricorn One (starring OJ Simpson) for just  $7
Most Blu Ray disks are $5 cheaper than Best Buy and Wal Mart.
I’ve purchased over 30 DVD’s from Deepdiscount.com.  Hard to find DVD’s such as foreign films by Takeshi Kitano were easy for me to stock up on here, and at fairly low prices considering some stores charge ridiculous prices for imports to recoup their shipping costs.
In fact, Deepdiscount.com rarely charges shipping for single DVD’s or Video games. I just purchased a DVD today that regularly costs $17 in stores, yet, I paid $12.83 with no shipping cost.
TV series boxed sets are also easy to find and relatively cheaper than you would find on the streets in your local Costco or BJ’s/ Sam’s Club.

Last edited by samrat singh (2010-04-06 00:57:59)

Hmv