Re: Trick 'R Treat DVD Art

I LOVE the cover art!!!! I want that dvd!!! Looks like I have a model for my next creepy doll.

Trick 'R Treat has a UK release date! The Region 2 release date is 26th October, 2009. Found about this in the new issue of DVD & Blu-ray Review. Double-checked on Play.com and they have a pre-order listing for it. The URL link to the listing page is below:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3475310/ … duct.html#

This movie looks so good.

WaveCrest wrote:

Trick 'R Treat has a UK release date! The Region 2 release date is 26th October, 2009. Found about this in the new issue of DVD & Blu-ray Review. Double-checked on Play.com and they have a pre-order listing for it. The URL link to the listing page is below:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3475310/ … duct.html#

Thank you WaveCrest!! big_smile this has made me so damn happy, roll on October! big_smile

thedeadshallrule wrote:

I LOVE the cover art!!!! I want that dvd!!! Looks like I have a model for my next creepy doll.

what? doll ? PM me and tell me more . .

Cool cover, humdrum movie.  It's a fun throw-back to Creepshow-style anthology horror, but nothing too special.  There's even at least one HUGE mistake in it.  See if you can catch it.

Also, that's not a creepy kid, it's some f-ed up gremlin or something and kind of looks like a latter-day Michael Jackson when you finally do see its face.

jay_wigger wrote:

Cool cover, humdrum movie.  It's a fun throw-back to Creepshow-style anthology horror, but nothing too special.  There's even at least one HUGE mistake in it.  See if you can catch it.

Also, that's not a creepy kid, it's some f-ed up gremlin or something and kind of looks like a latter-day Michael Jackson when you finally do see its face.

a mistake in the movie ??or the DVD cover ?

MistressOf Horror wrote:
thedeadshallrule wrote:

what? doll ? PM me and tell me more . .

In the new issue of SFX magazine there was a small booklet about Forbidden Planet, the sci-fi/genre store. On one page it had a figurine from Trick 'R Treat, someone with a pumpkin head. thedeadshallrule, is this what you are referring to in your post above?

Last edited by WaveCrest (2009-08-06 18:14:57)

MistressOf Horror wrote:

a mistake in the movie ??or the DVD cover ?

In the movie itself.  When you do get a chance to see it, try and find it.  I can't get past it, and for this one big error alone I can't say it's an awesome film.

I've got to check the DVD extras list for the Region 1 DVD of Trick 'r Treat, but the Region 2 DVD of the film may have the same extras as the Region 1 disc. Below is the URL link to a news article posted on DVD Times today for the Region 2 DVD of Trick 'r Treat:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content/id/71 … tober.html

I won't bother trying to submit it as a news article for Horrormovies.ca as it won't be posted as news.

oooh Region 2 has extras!! big_smile Thank you Wavey! I really want to buy this but was not willing to pay for just the film despite waiting so long, so to know there will be features for my region 2, makes me one happy gal. YAY! big_smile

A correction to my last post. I meant I need to check the Region 1 Blu-ray list of extras.

DVD Times posted this news article on their website about the Region 1 DVD and Blu-ray discs for Trick 'r Treat:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content/id/71 … tober.html

It looks like the only difference is the director's commentary on the R1 Blu-ray disc.

Last edited by WaveCrest (2009-09-03 17:40:07)

I watched this yesterday and tbh it was a complete let down, it was very average for me. I really didnt understand the hype, i know why it didnt get a wide release now, its just not worthy of one.
I've noticed this trend alot, horror fans hyping up a film that turns out to be average at best.
Thank God i didn't get on blu ray like i was gunna.:cool:

Last edited by adamroddis (2009-10-01 08:53:17)

I'll disagree with adamroddis. I liked the movie. Alright, not "the best halloween movie we've seen in the last 30 years" but one of them in my opinion. The art is pretty well-designed too.