Topic: Requiem For a Dream

I know some of you have seen the film Requiem for a Dream, but for those who havent seen it you should.  This is one of the most captivating movies I have ever seen and it's a brutally honest and scary trip down the roads of drug addiction.  It is a film that you get sucked in by and no matter how harrowing the story gets, you cant turn away.  It will keep you brain going for months after you have seen it.  It might be one of the most depressing movies ever to be made, and is by far the best anti-drug movie I have ever seen.  I think this movie should be shown to kids in school during drug use prevention programs because it is far scarier than any animated cartoon or stories.  I read one review who's title line puts it best and that is "It's like being repeatedly punched in the back of the head by Mike Tyson".  This is so true.

I just got the DVD for 3.99 at best buy and it will probably sit in the plastic for some time until I can build the nerve to watch it again.  It definately hasnt left my mind since I first saw it.  It is a truly unforgettable film.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgo3Hb5vWLE[/youtube]

Any thoughts on the film for those who have seen it?

Re: Requiem For a Dream

Oh god. I love this movie. I love it from start to finish. Not only does it mess with your head, but you just can't get enough of it. My favorite part is with the grandmother and her taking the diet pills and her tripping out. I do highly recommend this movie and that's awesome that it's for only $4. Hey if you love this movie. There is another one i highly recommend for you to check out. Pi. It's more of a artistic type of movie and it's all in black and white. But man. It is so damn good. Here's the trailer to the movie:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ1sZSCz47w[/youtube]

BDD, Pi is a good film too.  It was also on the 3.99 rack this week but I didnt get it.

I fell asleep to this movie.:P

I still haven't seen it for some reason but I will definitely buy it for $3.99.  Thanks for letting me know.

i agree jmh a brilliant film but a tough pill to swallow. ive seen it twice but it took a few years to watch it a second time. "kids" has the same affect on me.

I got it and I watched it and I agree with you hybrid, great movie but depressing and I think it will be a while before I can watch it again.

I love this film. Big Aronofsky fan. Pi was great too. This one is depressing though. But the editing and cinematography rock.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Aronofsky's work too. Has anybody else seen his last film "The Fountain"? I really enjoyed it myself but I think it was probably his weakest film and I can see why it tanked at the box office.

Holy crap, never heard of that one. Must check it out.

This movie was mentally terrifying. I remember being an E user for binges weeks on end. I don't think I would have gone to those extremes portrayed in this movie though. I honestly cried. It truly hit me at home. Seeing what it's like from an outside view, inwards was unforgettable. I was nowhere near as heavy into drugs as these 4, but I feel that connection to them. I guess that's just what the movie does to you. I don't think I want to experience this movie again for quite sometime. It's so good that I can't watch it!

Never seen Requiem for a Dream but after reading this thread and the general love the movie has received I really need to check this out. Sounds like a deep, absorbing watch (as well as messed up) which I am in dire need of. Thanks everyone! cool

Is Afronsky still doing the Robocop remake?

P.S.  I met Jared Leto.  Really nice guy.

I love this movie. Mostly because I love Jennifer Connely.

Requiem for a dream is definately one of the best movies I've ever seen and certainly my favorite one. From the moment I saw it I loved this film. I've seen it 5 times and I will continue to seeing it for a long time. I just can't explain in words what feelings does this movie brings..

SPOILER AHEAD
One of my favorite scenes was the one at the end, when Harry lying at his bed in the hospital seeks his girlfriend Marion. This is really one of the mots moving scenes I've ever sene.

I really really really liked this movie! I want to review it for the site for its 10/10 but I can't cause its not exactly horror....or can I? cool lol

I don't know how anyone could love it or want to watch it again. Who wants to watch something that depressing again and again? lol.

I like movies that you can enjoy.