Topic: Let The Right One In UK DVD, theatrical subtitles???

Does anybody know if the UK DVD of Let The Right One In has the theatrical subtitles? The US DVD has totally different and dumbed down subtitles and I want the theatrical ones.

Re: Let The Right One In UK DVD, theatrical subtitles???

As far as I know the UK release has the theatrical subtitles - the blu ray certainly does, as I have it smile

Hack we do have the theatrical subtitles, I brought the dvd just a short while ago and it is the subtitles that don't detract so no need to fear hun. Hope that helps wink

stonecypher, BTK you guys are awesome, thanks for the info!

You're more than welcome hun wink

Ok to get this straight. If we all want the right subtitles we should get the uk region 2 dvd for people who only have region 2 dvd players and for americans we should just get the blu ray version that will have the right subtitles than the regular dvd. I was one of those people that got the region 1 dvd and too felt it wasn't right. Since i live in America i need to get the blu ray version instead?

Both the US DVD and US Blu-Ray were released at the same time and by the same company, so it would seem to me that both would have the same lousy subtitles, but I can't confirm that. From what I have heard, Magnolia will put out a version with the theatrical subtitles once the existing stock of the old ones has been depleted. So who knows when that will be!?

A couple years ago I got fed up with not being able to get good R1 versions of movies that I knew were readily available in other countries, so I invested in an all region DVD player. Now I can watch anything from anywhere and it has been one of the best investments I've made in a long time. It ended up being a pretty nice Phillips model that I bought new for like $80. Surprisingly, UK and Euro imports actually cost about the same as the US versions if you know where to look. In some cases, it's actually cheaper to get an import than finding a domestic version.

Anyways, stonecypher and BTK confirmed that the UK DVD has the proper subtitles, but I haven't heard anything about a re-released R1 version with the right subtitles being available yet, so I'm just gonna get the UK version and say piss on Magnolia for putting out inferior releases.

Hope that helps ya severen

Last edited by hackblowfist666 (2009-10-01 23:01:57)

hackblowfist666 wrote:

Both the US DVD and US Blu-Ray were released at the same time and by the same company, so it would seem to me that both would have the same lousy subtitles, but I can't confirm that. From what I have heard, Magnolia will put out a version with the theatrical subtitles once the existing stock of the old ones has been depleted. So who knows when that will be!?

A couple years ago I got fed up with not being able to get good R1 versions of movies that I knew were readily available in other countries, so I invested in an all region DVD player. Now I can watch anything from anywhere and it has been one of the best investments I've made in a long time. It ended up being a pretty nice Phillips model that I bought new for like $80. Surprisingly, UK and Euro imports actually cost about the same as the US versions if you know where to look. In some cases, it's actually cheaper to get an import than finding a domestic version.

Anyways, stonecypher and BTK confirmed that the UK DVD has the proper subtitles, but I haven't heard anything about a re-released R1 version with the right subtitles being available yet, so I'm just gonna get the UK version and say piss on Magnolia for putting out inferior releases.

Hope that helps ya severen

Thanks Hackblowfist, I've got lots of friends that wanna see this but i don't want to show them the one with the dumbed down subtitles. I might just buy the uk version then. Thanks again.

Sorry, I can't post links yet to the information, but I believe that the UK version has the same subtitles as the Sweden DVD and Blu-Ray which contain the theatrical subs.