Topic: Rue Morgue Halloween Special Issue 94 Sneak Peek

Every Halloween Rue Morgue does a special double sized issue and they always feature a real icon on the cover. Past years include Lucio Fulci and H.P. Lovecraft. This year they have Edgar Allan Poe up front and center. This update comes a little late...

Read More : Rue Morgue Halloween Special Issue 94 Sneak Peek

Re: Rue Morgue Halloween Special Issue 94 Sneak Peek

Might have to do that.. I picked up The Complete Tales and Poems of Poe a couple weeks ago.

eh fuck horror magazines. there kinda stupid now that u can read EVERYTHING in them off the internet in my opinion.
this isn't the 60's any more.

I'll definitely pick this up.

Haven't read this in years. Might be good to pick up for a change.

I don' understand why horror websites give Rue Morgue a free ad every month. Does Rue Morgue let those websites advertise in the magazine for free?

not sure what you mean wil. Rue morgue has admittedly never done a thing for us but thats not really gonna stop us from plugging their magazine. Its a good magazine with good content.

Clearly it would be nice if they plugged us as well.

I guess I can't see the reason to plug a magazine every month. I mean if Rue Morgue or Fangoria had something really interesting, that no one else had in a certain issue, I could see mentioning it, but just having a preview of it seems silly. It is almost like one news program reporting on what the other news programs are going to talk about that night.

I used to enjoy Rue Morgue, and it hasn't went downhill or anything, I just agree with TheBeyond105 -- I don't find it worth spending $10 on anymore. The last issue I bought was the Bloody Valentine issue, I basically paid to re-read what we all knew about the original film and a few movie reviews. The internet has really killed genre magazines for me.

and in most magazines (Because i work for a magazine also) the company who made the movie pays people to write up good reviews. and if u write anything bad the'll edit it out to make the movie look awesome.
Needless to say when I reviewed Twilight i gave it a 2/10 and when i read the magazine, everything i said that was shit was taken out and every good thing was in there and they changed my rating to a 9/10. needless to say i was pissed.
it's all about advertisements. that's where the most money comes in from.
thats why u never fucking read magazines for REAL reviews becuase if the company pays them enough, the review will be positibe no matter what.