Topic: Anyone read Infected or Contagious by Scott Sigler?

I am looking for something new to read and I have heard really good things about Infected by Scott Sigler as well as it's sequel Contagious.  Has anyone read them, and if so how were they?

Infected synopsis:
In Sigler's riveting horror thriller, alien seeds from outer space infect a number of unlucky humans, who develop some unusual symptoms—itchy, blue triangular growths on their skin—that eventually result in the carriers becoming screaming, homicidal maniacs. CIA agent Dew Phillips must find out why these formerly docile citizens are running amok, aided by Margaret Montoya, a Centers for Disease Control epidemiologist, who reported the first of the strange cases. One of the infected, former football player Perry Dawsey, doesn't take any crap from anybody, not even the aliens residing in his body.

Contagious synopsis:
The sequel to Infected. In the near future, U.S. president John Gutierrez goes straight from his inauguration to crisis management when his national security team informs him that he must focus his attention on Project Tangram, a secret government program to stave off an epidemic caused by alien parasites, which form itchy blue triangular patches on the skin. Victims eventually become paranoid and violent. As the infestation spreads, Gutierrez must decide whether the outbreak can be contained without the use of tactical nukes on American soil. Meanwhile, the creatures responsible for the parasites get a foothold in Michigan through a seven-year-old girl, who manifests possession by drawing blue triangles on her dolls.

Re: Anyone read Infected or Contagious by Scott Sigler?

ooooo, I haven't heard of this but I'm going to check it out.  I need a good book.  I'm reading some Star Wars ones now they just aren't cutting it. 

I found a new one called The Loch about the loch ness monster, it's good so far

^I actually saw that a few weeks ago and it intrigued me.  If you havent read Hater by David Moody yet check it out.  I loved it.   too bad it's sequel wont be out til summer of next year cause I want more.  Look forward to the movie version of Hater by JA Bayona.  I hope he keeps it as violent as the book.

I don't read much. I'm always on here, lol. Sound like good books though.

^I've been reading a lot lately and it has put me in a writing mood, so I am back at work on scripts when i can spare a moment (which isnt often) 

I think I am gonna try to read Infected after I finish my next two books that I started because Infected sounds pretty sweet and I have gotten it recommended to me a few times.

I finished Infected.  All I can say is AWESOME!  Just about to get started on the sequel Contagious