Topic: Near Dark Bluray Art is Twilight'ish

Found this bluray art over on UHM and I gotta say I agree with them. This artwork is way to Twilighty and is trying to capitalize on the WRONG demographic. I do not see twilight fans having any appreciation for the vampire film Near Dark but that mig...

Read More : Near Dark Bluray Art is Twilight'ish

Re: Near Dark Bluray Art is Twilight'ish

But just think of all the tweenie twilight fans who are gonna pee their pants when this movie scares the living daylights out of them wink
Now that's a thought that amuses big_smile

^They may however be off-put by the "Scruffy" looking not "Sparkley"  vampires on the cover!:P

You really expect them to look "that"closely? Surely they'll just see the surface impression and jump at it like catgirls at a convention?
Plus you fail to take into account the well meaning but uninformed parents of said tweenlighters wink

^Excelent point Macho.  Their attention will be easily swayed by the imense teen heart-throb in the upper right corner.:D

I see lots of half watched tear-stained copies turning up on ebay very quickly wink lol:lol:

Ah, to see the dismayed look upon the face of the Twi-hard when they realize their error.....:lol:

And to hear the recriminations aimed at the parents "Why do you hate me mummy and daddy? why???"

^^^^   lol lol

..   where is the romance ???..oh dear god, the blood.. THE BLOOD !

^ lol

They even gave Adrian golden colored eyes ..... neutral
the side by side makes me want to puke.
(and i actually liked the books..)
http://www.thegeekcouch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/near_dark_dvd-rerelease.jpg

The TV spots will be classic wink

"Near Dark is sponsored by Kleenex Tissues, Strong enough for men, soft enough for tweenlighters"

The kids sure will be disappointed when Bill Paxton doesn't sparkle.

But there is a cool side to this , traumatised twiglet fans can only be a good thing  lol

^and dead one's even better! lol

Never wish death  ( great believer in what goes around comes around ) smile

^True, true.  It's Baaaaad ju ju!

Ugh can everything stop being compared to twilight or called Twilightish. Sickening

Oh come on dude just look at the side by side cover art.
That's a deliberate attempt to cash in on the Twilight fanbase.

Yeah but if they are dumb enough to buy something because it has a similar cover then fuck em cause they deserve to be tricked. Why not repackage movies that would appeal to Twilight fans, like The Covenant or Blood &Chocolate, instead of dragging good movies through the mud

I'm puking. How much photoshop did it take to make Paxton look that gay?

Never thought they would sink that low to sell copies of that movie.  In a way, it's smart.  People who like Twilight but never heard of Near Dark may look into it now.  But the movies are so different, I don't think they would like it.

For farks sake is nothin sacred.The original had Bill Paxton looking like he just came outta a microwave with daylight bullet holes in him-great cover.Pple will see this and think not another Twilight rip off